Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 07:48:42 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  What banned poster do you most want back?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: What banned poster do you most want back?
JewCon   -8 (14.3%)
Rochambeau   -0 (0%)
Teddy   -10 (17.9%)
Libertas   -6 (10.7%)
Einzige   -9 (16.1%)
Straha   -2 (3.6%)
MissCatholic   -1 (1.8%)
A certain Bakersfield resident   -2 (3.6%)
Deano   -3 (5.4%)
CTGuy   -0 (0%)
CaDan   -1 (1.8%)
SvenssonRS   -7 (12.5%)
Other (specify)   -7 (12.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: What banned poster do you most want back?  (Read 1675 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01:02 am »
Ignore

why isn't Derek on the list? (not that anyone would want him back)

Einzige was fairly amusing before he was rebanned.  His thread displaying his sorceress girlfriend is a classic.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:51 am »
Ignore

Why is Teddy doing so well?

Teddy would easily rank in my top 10 worst posters of all time list. He posted some of the most inane and nonsensical things I've ever seen posted on a forum by someone who wasn't obviously trolling. Honestly Derek made more sense than Teddy.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:30:54 am by blood red X's for every 24 hours ive suffered through »Logged

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 12:16:22 pm »
Ignore

Teddy would easily rank in my top 10 worst posters of all time list. He posted some of the most inane and nonsensical things I've ever seen posted on a forum by someone who wasn't obviously trolling. Honestly Derek made more sense than Teddy.

Well, Teddy said that he had autism, so I gave him more leeway that I otherwise would.

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 01:00:27 pm »
Ignore

Outside of those banned before I arrived, I'd like to give another chance to all mentioned, except of Rochambeau and Kyle M.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »
Ignore

Why was Sven banned?

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 02:42:43 pm »
Ignore

Teddy, sans question.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  »

- Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:07 pm »
Ignore

Well, Teddy is an internet friend of mine, so that's why I voted for him. I chalk up his oddness to his autism. However, he did make a lot of great Canadian maps, which we are being deprived of in his absence.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 02:58:24 pm »
Ignore

Why was Deano banned? I forget.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »
Ignore

Why was Sven banned?

I don't recall exactly why, but I think it was because he just didn't want to be here anymore so he just asked the mods to ban him.

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »
Ignore

Also, RickRoll should be an option. That guy was great.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 05:42:36 pm »
Ignore

Was RickRoll actually banned?  Or did he just stop posting?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 07:19:07 pm »
Ignore

CaDan for entertainment.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »
Ignore

CaDan for entertainment.

Hell no.

Goodbye
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »
Ignore

I'm pretty sure he was banned by you thugs.

Aaron is pissed:

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »
Ignore

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 07:34:31 pm »
Ignore

I believe you forgot JSojourner and jamespol.

JSojourner wasn't banned.
Really? I thought that after his conservative troll socks were exposed, he was expelled from the Garden of Eden. What happenned?

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »
Ignore

He left in disgrace of his own volition. I think he may have been banned ages later as a preventative measure, but may be confusing the issue with that of 'Yates'.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 07:40:49 pm »
Ignore

Really? I thought that after his conservative troll socks were exposed, he was expelled from the Garden of Eden. What happenned?

He decided to close the page on his Atlas chapter, because it was deflecting him from that which he considered more important to leading the good (as in more estimable) life, and brought out qualities in him with which upon reflection he did not find favor. That is my surmise. In any event, he is not subject to persuasion on this one. If he comes back, it will only be because he was worked out these issues to his satisfaction.

After we all calmed down, nobody wanted JS banned really, except a few dissidents - nobody, including most mods. Yes, he was a special case, in a special category, that was much deserved, in an almost unique way really. It is all quite sad and depressing and enervating to revisit all of this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:43:03 pm by Torie »Logged
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 07:42:44 pm »
Ignore

Why was Deano banned? I forget.

Back then Dave took more interest in the forum, came across his posts and the style in which they were written, was less than entirely happy...

Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 08:01:29 pm »
Ignore

He decided to close the page on his Atlas chapter, because it was deflecting him from that which he considered more important to leading the good (as in more estimable) life, and brought out qualities in him with which upon reflection he did not find favor. That is my surmise. In any event, he is not subject to persuasion on this one. If he comes back, it will only be because he was worked out these issues to his satisfaction.

After we all calmed down, nobody wanted JS banned really, except a few dissidents - nobody, including most mods. Yes, he was a special case, in a special category, that was much deserved, in an almost unique way really. It is all quite sad and depressing and enervating to revisit all of this.

Sojourner was a great poster and I really hope to see him back one day (though I know it's not likely).

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 10:11:56 pm »
Ignore

He left in disgrace of his own volition. I think he may have been banned ages later as a preventative measure, but may be confusing the issue with that of 'Yates'.

"Yates" was actually banned after returning and there's never been any cases I've heard of inactive posters being banned. And I doubt JSojourner even would've been banned at the time if he didn't leave considering how lax enforcement of the rules against socks was back then.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 10:13:20 pm »
Ignore

FYI this is one of Deano's last posts:

Oh look - the cute little troll who pretends to be a Democrat is back.

my first ever vote I cast for Kerry in 2004 and then Jim Webb in 2006,

LOL liar. What a frickin liar.

but if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate your man Hillary and if you're delusional enough to think he has a chance, then knock yourselves out and nominate him.   I'll just vote Independent.

"My" man Hillary. When did I ever say I was for Hillary? Fact is that I never did. The fact that you can't argue with me w/out making sh**t up and putting words in my mouth only reinforces my belief that you area troll and an idiot to boot. Not an ounce of intelligence in any of your idiotic rants.

Maybe I will begin to take you serisouly when you can say one single thing w/out putting words in my mouth that I never siad.

I suspect you do this b/c you can't argue with me based on that facts b/c you know I am right Wink.

and if Im such a troll, then ignore me, don't respond.  Why do you make such an effort to go out of your way and post angry, wild-eyed hysterical rantings claiming I'm Karl Rove and a Republican in disguise? 

Wow - again, you make up crazy sh**t that I never said. Never accused you of being Karl Rove. Only someone as dimwitted as you would even think up something so stupid.

my guess is that you know I'm right and you secretly realize that the situation is not good for the Democrats and you're going to lose the White House (again) in 2008 because of the long history of nominating crappy candidates

LOL! My God you are dumb. You may not be a troll, but if you really do believe half of the sh**t you say (like when you say that things are not good for the Democrats right now), then you are unbelievably stupid.
If you really think that the current political situation is not good for the Democrats right now, you must have been asleep for the past five months, or delusional. The only thing I have ever heard that is even dumber is the suggestion that Mitt Romney would easily beat any of the Democratic candidates in the General Election.

After multiple warnings with regard to not posting such personal attacks, this is the kind of post that gets one banned ... - Dave

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 10:30:21 pm »
Ignore

I'm pretty sure he was banned by you thugs.

I don't remember that.  Anyway, I don't think I was a mod yet at that time.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 11:07:17 pm »
Ignore

He posted some of the most inane and nonsensical things I've ever seen posted on a forum by someone who wasn't obviously trolling.
ummmm

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »
Ignore

He posted some of the most inane and nonsensical things I've ever seen posted on a forum by someone who wasn't obviously trolling.
ummmm

Did you read his ridiculous rant about Hulu or most of the things he said about marijuana?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout