How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:41:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county?  (Read 12490 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 13, 2012, 12:30:20 AM »

Jersey is easy so I'll go with that for now:

I'll do Pennsylvania and North Carolina at some point...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »

Jersey is easy so I'll go with that for now:

I'll do Pennsylvania and North Carolina at some point...
You think Romney will win Salem but not Somerset? Obama was actually the first Democrat since 1964 to win Somerset so if the state swings against him (which I'm not convinced of), he'd almost certainly lose it.

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't be surprised to see Somerset start to fall (barely) on the Democratic side in national races. It was actually the only county in the state to have trended Democratic for both of the last two elections. The demographics are changing so drastically in the urban center of the county while Franklin becomes more Democratic and the Somerset Hills' rabid support of Christie/Romney type Republicans is softening. Meanwhile South Jersey's Democratic support has almost always been somewhat soft. They're much more likely to swing back and forth than North Jersey.

That being said, I'm expecting Romney to relatively underperform because I expect a reasonably large Obama win. I think Somerset is a tough one simply because it's just so loaded with wealthy voters and Hispanics. It'll be close, but I think Obama barely wins. Perhaps the trend will stall a little, but I can't quite read it yet. It'll be hard not being there this time, it's a very interesting place politically.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies