Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:45:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Campaign Office of TJ/Tmthforu for the Mideast  (Read 5285 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »

Yeah, I can't say I agree with the rationale here.

I would've imagined TJ, who studies chemistry, could understand proportions.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »

Yeah, I can't say I agree with the rationale here.

I would've imagined TJ, who studies chemistry, could understand proportions.

You're making me jealous again! Gosh!

Well, I was an economics guy, so maybe TJ and I view things differently. When you have a failing investment though, doubling down in hopes of a turnaround is a high risk, high reward proposition. I doubt there is anything TJ can say to change my mind on this specific provision of the amendment, because I am worried that we are simply making a larger inactive body, but I will weigh that against the pros in this amendment.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen of the Mideast Region.

I have come here tonight, in Madison, Wisconsin, with an announcement: I am running for the Atlasian Regional Senate seat of the Mideast Region this June. I look forward to an exciting primary race with Former Assembleymen JCL and Talleyrand.

(And I need to clear out of here stat before the crowd mistakes me:
for Scott Walker!)  Tongue

A detailed platform will be forthcoming. Thank you and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. Thank a veteran for your freedoms! Have a good night and Dave bless.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »

You should know you have the backing of the Mideast's Assistant to the Regional Manager.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »

For those of you who are fairly new, I'd like to give an overview of my experience in Atlasia prior to this run. I was first elected to the Mideast Assembly in July of 2011 as a member of the now disbanded Regional Protectorate Party. I served two full terms in the Assembly and most of a third until I took office as an At-Large Senator in January of 2012. As an assemblyman, I sponsored the Midest Not For Profit Group Designation Act, the Mideast Corporate Governance Reform Act, the Clean Up the Grand Lake St. Marys Act, and the Shoreline Property Rights Act.

In December of 2011, I ran for the first time to the Atlasian Senate in an At-Large election. I was also re-elected in April of 2012. As a senator, I acted as a pragmatic conservative, reaching across the aisle to co-sponsor the Smart Grid Electrical Distribution Act to ensure Atlasia has a world-class power grid. I was also a strong voice in favor of the caucus system that emerged and served as the Chair of the Right to Life Caucus, authoring both its bylaws and platform. The RPP was then disbanded, along with the major left-wing party the JCP, and the Right to Life Caucus, by the rules of the dissolution became a new party that turned into the Whigs, who in turn eventually merged with the Imperial Bloc to for the Federalist Party.

As a senator, I also sponsored the Atlasian Corporate Governance Reform, modeled after the Mideast Bill. I assumed sponsorship from Maroaki, who resigned, of the Primary System Introduction Act to create a system where parties could have a binding primary election system. I served on the Senate Judiciary Committee, making substantial improvements to The Holding CEOs Accountable Act sponsored by Senator Ben and attempting to establish a very weak system of judicial term length so discussions like the current Supreme Court impeachment hearings would be unnecessary. I also fought to eliminate the brutal 60% tax bracket in our 2012 budget. I have always been of the view that no citizen should have more than half his or her income taken in income taxes. My final action as senator last fall was to propose The Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment, which was subseqently passed under Hagridofthedeep's sponsorship when my term had ended.

Since then, I have served as the Mideast Superior Court Judge, handling the legal disputes arising within the Mideast Region.

I believe my record is that of a pragmatic conservative. I have a principled view of how the government should operate and what activities should be encouraged and discouraged, but am also willing to reach across the aisle to accomplish things for the people of Atlasia.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »

I'm going to begin unveiling my platform in pieces. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Trade
I've always been a general supporter of free trade unless there is some really good reason not to support it in a particular case; it's probably my most consistent economic position. Living in a world that is more open than ever, where you can find people from all over the world in medium sized cities in the Mideast, you can see how counterproductive tariffs would be. In a world that allows people and information to be move freely across the globe, we cannot try to keep out legal goods for sale. Tariffs do not have a place in such an era, except to protect an infant industry or national security risk.

The microeconomics of free trade just work, otherwise we wouldn't trade. Some people here in Atlasia do lose out from it; heck I grew up in an auto manufacturing town. But we all benefit from cheaper products and this helps more people more than the workers it hurts. It helps many other workers live a better life from less. The people in foreign nations benefit from trade and manufacturing there. Yes some may have terrible labor explotation. But how can that ever change if their countries don't industrialize? Countries can't go from rural poverty to a post-industrial first world country in an instant without industrializing first, absent some inherent advantage like natural resources.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »

Though my endorsement is for Talleyrand, I still think that if you ended up being the winner, you would be an amazing Senator, TJ. You were exceptional to work with and were always incredibly easy to approach and work things out with, and your attitude is heartwarmingly genuine. I wish you the best of luck.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »

Energy

As someone who has spent a considerable amount of time doing research on an alternative energy project, I believe that there are "renewable" alternatives to fossil fuels that will one day become viable market options for electrical power generation. I believe the issue of energy can best be addressed not by punishing the use of fossil fuel sources, but by channeling money to research rather than premature implementation of alternative sources so that they will one day be chosen for their fiscal sense instead of environmental concerns. One day we will run out of oil. And as we near that day, a whole world of alternatives that aren't cost effective today will become cost effective in comparison. Until that day, we should channel our resources into finding the solution that is the best science, not the solution with the best lobby in Nyman.

In the meantime, a careful and appropriate use of nuclear power is the best option to both reduce our fossil fuel consumption and provide affordable energy. Nuclear power is both safe and clean when the proper precautions are taken in selecting the site of a future plant and in its operation. Despite the majority of its power plants aging, Atlasia has an exemplary record for plant safety and this will only improve with the use of modern-day technology in our plants.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2013, 03:47:37 PM by Governor Maxwell »

Telling from your PM score, I'd have to say you and I are on opposite ends of the Federalist Party. That being said, and this is of not offense to any of the other candidates, I think you are easily the most qualified and most able to be a Senator on day one. Also, this isn't as important to me but it is important, I think you have an ability to pull people together and win that the other two candidates may not have. Therefore, you have my enthusiastic Vice Presidential candidate endorsement in the Primary and obviously the General.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »

Thank you very much for your endorsement Maxwell!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »

I would like to remind all Federalists to vote in the Mideast Senate primary at the convention!

I wish good luck (but not too much Tongue) to my fellow Federalists seeking the party's endorsement, JCL and Bmotley.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »

As the polls have closed, I would like to thank those who gave me preferences for their support and my opponents for running such an exemplary campaign. The preliminary count shows that we have won the Mideast Regional Senate seat by a single vote. If this holds true when the results are certified, I will serve as an active, pragmatic conservative voice in the senate in representation of the Mideast Region.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »

Congratulations my friend! Very happy for you right now. Smiley
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 11:56:03 PM »

Congratulations, Senator-elect
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »

Congratulations! You were an excellent Senator in your previous terms and I have no doubts you will be a terrific Regional Senator. Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

Thanks everyone! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »

Congratulations on your victory, Senator-elect! I hope that as incoming Senators we can work together in the upcoming Senate to make our game a better place.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »

I will be leaving shortly to travel this weekend for personal reasons and will be without internet access until tomorrow evening. This doesn't officially require a leave of absence, but I felt given the number of crises occuring at the moment and the start of a new term, I would give one anyway.

Senator TJ
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Mideast and beyond,

Sometimes a man comes to the crossroads of life and must make a decision to take a particular path even if in doing so the other paths' opportunities are closed off from him. It is in this position that I come to inform you that I will not be seeking re-election to the position of Senator of the Mideast Region. While I enjoyed serving in the Senate and may at some point in the future seek to carry out the office again, that future day is not this day. I deem, given my current state in life, that the road I must be on is the road that leads to Madison, Wisconsin rather than the road to Nyman or to Peter's Park. "For where your treasure is, there also your heart will be" (Mt 6:21). In our hectic age of harried priorities, time is a form of treasure, and the time has come for me to pour my heart into life here in Wisconsin at the expense of the Atlasian Senate. I cannot commit myself to seeking a new term under these current priorities. I will continue to serve out the remainder of my term and dutifully participate as an Atlasian citizen. Thank you all and God bless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »

This is extremely disappointing. Sad Best of luck in all you do, TJ!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

I'm afraid this was true. I hope you return in some form or fashion later.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

You will be missed and although we don't always agree, I hope you will return to Mideast politics in the future Smiley
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »

Thanks for your service Senator TJ!  I hope you enjoy your treasure.  Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

While we may be different kinds of conservatives you've always had my respect. I hope to see you return to service should The Lord lead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies