are you bathed in prayer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:10:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  are you bathed in prayer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: are you bathed in prayer?  (Read 4123 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »

thankfully no.

im not big on superstition.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

It should be stated that Walter is so "enlightened" that he also believes religion shouldn't even be taught as an elective in public schools. Clearly a worldly individual!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »

I don't pray at all, so no.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »

I wash my face with Jesus every morning.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »

It should be stated that Walter is so "enlightened" that he also believes religion shouldn't even be taught as an elective in public schools. Clearly a worldly individual!

What public school teaches religion as an elective?  I live in the heart of the bible belt and I have never heard of that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »

What public school teaches religion as an elective?  I live in the heart of the bible belt and I have never heard of that.

I think it's a shame that religion isn't offered as an elective. I think it would be awesome for kids to get a take on religion other than the one preached at their church. But it would be an impossible situation. Nobody would agree on a curiculum and every teacher would be accused of teaching it wrong.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »

I have charismatic leanings, so yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »

I am bathed in prayer because I know all of my friends and family have been praying for me to get well the past 9 days.  I can feel their prayers.  It's something supernatural that I cannot explain, but I can feel their prayers.  The prayers have indeed been helping.  Some may say it may be whatever I've got is just running its course and now on its way out, but God is the One who is making it get out of my system.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »

Sadly no, as I view many of the trivial things in my life as not worth praying about.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »

Surprisingly, no.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »

Mine does.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »

Mine does.

My high school offered a Biblical history course, but that was all as far as religion.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »

The closest thing to religion taught in any high school class of mine was Greek mythology.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »

Every day of my life. You give your meaning to these words that cut such a wide swath that resonate for you, and I will give mine, which do the same for me.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

I guess I had the only class that teaches Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism? Tongue
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »

I guess I had the only class that teaches Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism? Tongue

Probably. That class sounds cool though.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »

I'm in an Abrahamic religions course right now and its really interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »

Mine does.

My high school offered a Biblical history course, but that was all as far as religion.

Yeah and that's what Walter through a fit about.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure my HS had a "Introduction to World Religions" or something...but I could be missremebering.

I don't pray, but I'm guessing my parents do for me.  I don't mind.  Some people get really bent out of shape when they find out others are praying for them.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »

Germany's really awful on this front. It's one of these things (like church taxes) that seem very odd and strange in a comparably secular country like Germany, but schools in almost every state (Berlin's an exception, I think) offer "Catholic" and "Protestant" religion classes, sometimes even by a priest in a public school.

You don't have to attend these classes, as usually an alternative "ethics" is offered....but it's still something that really does need to go...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »

Take a wild guess.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »

Germany's really awful on this front. It's one of these things (like church taxes) that seem very odd and strange in a comparably secular country like Germany, but schools in almost every state (Berlin's an exception, I think) offer "Catholic" and "Protestant" religion classes, sometimes even by a priest in a public school.

You don't have to attend these classes, as usually an alternative "ethics" is offered....but it's still something that really does need to go...

That doesn't really surprise me since Germany doesn't have true church/state separation, with that church tax funding thing.

One thing I've wondered, if your parents register you under a certain church, do you always stay registered under that upon becoming an adult unless you specifically go through the process to de-register, or is it something you have to continuously re-register as? I know not making any church donations through the state simply requires checking the box to not do so on your tax form, but I'm not sure about being registered to a church in general.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »

One thing I've wondered, if your parents register you under a certain church, do you always stay registered under that upon becoming an adult unless you specifically go through the process to de-register, or is it something you have to continuously re-register as?

Religionsmündigkeit, or the legal ability to choose yourself what religion to adhere to, is obtained by turning 14 years old. Not entirely certain, but I'm relatively sure you remain a member of one of the churches unless you explicitly de-register upon becoming an adult (14 years old for the purpose of this issue).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This isn't true. Church taxes are owed if you are a member of a church that taxes you through the state. The only way to avoid paying them, as far as I know, is to renouce your membership in that church. (Which involves going down to city hall to officially de-register, and what's really freedom hating, pay a fee in most states.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »

Come to Pittsburgh and I'll baptize you.......in Grey Goose and Chivas........but hey, you'll like it Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »

Every day of my life. You give your meaning to these words that cut such a wide swath that resonate for you, and I will give mine, which do the same for me.

Huh I thought you were a rational type?  Or did I misunderstand you?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies