Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:13:35 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  Opinion of Nutella
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: Opinion of Nutella
Freedom spread   -31 (73.8%)
Horrible spread   -11 (26.2%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Opinion of Nutella  (Read 1592 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 12:15:41 pm »
Ignore

Isn't it basically keeping the entire Italian economy afloat these days?

Not really my idea of a spread for toast, mind.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 01:47:56 pm »
Ignore

It makes me feel like sh**t, but tastes great.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 03:00:33 pm »
Ignore

Horrible spread, though it doesn't make my gag reflex kick in as quickly as mayonnaise or mustard.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »
Ignore

Can't get enough of it.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:32 pm »
Ignore

This place sucks. I don't understand how someone can not like Nutella. I reserve belief that god exists solely because of the existence of Nutella.

Considering the job you're doing at selling it to the masses, here, I can't be surprised that some people don't like it.

MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 07:20:11 pm »
Ignore

Why does it look nasty? I can never get over it.

Paul/Cruz 2016!
Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:14 pm »
Ignore

It's okay; I don't get the extreme reactions over it, positive or negative. I only eat it occasionally because it really is sickeningly sweet, though I have found that a dab of Nutella goes great with a crisp and particularly tangy apple.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 07:43:30 pm »
Ignore

I don't get the extreme reactions over it, positive or negative.

Somewhere along the way, Nutella got branded a "hipster snack" or something, with certain people (such as Jake, in this thread) going out of their way to amp up the kitsch value of a simple nut & milk chocolate spread. Other people ended up recognizing it as such and thus feel the need to overcompensate by making their distaste for it really super clear even though it's basically just chocolate.

It's actually a really common reaction-rereaction breakdown you could see in a lot of products/websites/events these days that becomes a really easy phenomenon to spot once you're looking for it. It's weird.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 07:50:12 pm »
Ignore

I like it.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »
Ignore

This place sucks. I don't understand how someone can not like Nutella. I reserve belief that god exists solely because of the existence of Nutella.

Considering the job you're doing at selling it to the masses, here, I can't be surprised that some people don't like it.

It's like...chocolate and hazelnut with the texture of peanut butter. It's the closest thing an introvert like myself can get to sex.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 09:50:36 pm »
Ignore

OK I got some. You guys overhyped it, I'll be able to finish the jar but it's not really any better than the best peanut butter and as noted has the potential to make one feel icky, meaning I doubt I'll go through the jar very fast.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:44 pm »
Ignore

BREAKING: BRTD uses portion of disposable income on Nutella

in a mirror, dimly lit
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 11:15:35 pm »
Ignore

BREAKING: BRTD uses portion of disposable income on Nutella

My work wants you to punch in between two minutes before your shift starts and the actual start, since I actually get to work on time I'm punching in two minutes early most days. The extra money I make on that in OT in one week about covers the cost of the jar. And since today is the last day of my work week, maybe I can consider it my "punctuality reward".

Next week I should spend it all on ramen and see how long that lasts me.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 05:36:38 am »
Ignore

I prefer to keep my sweets and my sandwiches separate, thank you very much.

If you really like that kind of stuff though, every German supermarket chain has a no-brand variety at 40% of the prize and utterly indistuingishable taste. While the actual upmarket alternative - Nudossi, which was actually the GDR version originally - is not available everywhere but doesn't cost far more and tastes noticeably better. More hazelnuts. I like hazelnuts.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 06:23:47 am »
Ignore

It's like...chocolate and hazelnut with the texture of peanut butter. It's the closest thing an introvert like myself can get to sex.

I like to think of it as magic.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:05 am »
Ignore

More hazelnuts. I like hazelnuts.

Yes, hazelnuts are good.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »
Ignore

I'm confused by the sudden explosion of enthusiasm towards it in the last few years. It's decent, but it's not like it's some kind of condiment game-changer or something.
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »
Ignore

I'm confused by the sudden explosion of enthusiasm towards it in the last few years. It's decent, but it's not like it's some kind of condiment game-changer or something.

Yes, that was my experience.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 03:17:25 pm »
Ignore

what is this "icky" feeling you speak of?

BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »
Ignore

Try going to a grocery store where Peeps are on sale now and picking up a package and eating the whole thing in one sitting to get an idea.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 06:09:30 am »
Ignore

Freedom spread, but I don't understand why some posters in this thread want to ruin it by mixing it with peanut butter.

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:44 am »
Ignore

Freedom spread, but I don't understand why some posters in this thread want to ruin it by mixing it with peanut butter.

WHAAAAAAT toasted peanut butter and nutella sandwiches are D@ B0MB

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 11:49:06 pm »
Ignore

Try going to a grocery store where Peeps are on sale now and picking up a package and eating the whole thing in one sitting to get an idea.
I think I'll pass Tongue

BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 11:58:03 am »
Ignore

Nutella is my cocaine

"Weezy F Baby and the F is for Phenomenal" - Lil' Wayne

"Look at this photograph/Every time I do it makes me laugh/How did our eyes get so red?/And what the hell is on Joey's head?" - Nickelback
Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »
Ignore

I don't get the extreme reactions over it, positive or negative.

Somewhere along the way, Nutella got branded a "hipster snack" or something, with certain people (such as Jake, in this thread) going out of their way to amp up the kitsch value of a simple nut & milk chocolate spread. Other people ended up recognizing it as such and thus feel the need to overcompensate by making their distaste for it really super clear even though it's basically just chocolate.

Wait, did this actually happen? Maybe this just didn't travel across the pond, as I was aware of no hype and counter-reactions regarding Nutella or any other spread that I put on my toast.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout