Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:55:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Romney think that America is full of rich people?  (Read 8575 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 27, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »

I don't even like the use of the word 'liberalism' because it becomes completely meaningless.  

More meaningful than 'conservatism' given the FACT that its democratic capitalism's one - and only - hegemonic ideology. Furthermore, there is nothing Burkean, even remotely rational, about the contemporary GOP

Exactly my point! you are talking about Classical Liberalism which is probably a good way to describe my ideology - (in part anyway...complexities).  FDR was perhaps the antithesis of Classical Liberalism.  Thus, 'Liberalism' starts meaning nothing and everything and it's a junk loaded word.  You can't call Thomas Jefferson and Fidel Castro "Liberals" it drives me nuts.       

Classical liberalism did not end slavery, the last vestiges of serfdom, the subordination of women to men, child labor, monopoly power, racism, militarism, or the subjection of working people on its own. Classical liberalism may have been a huge improvement over the elitist statism that preceded it, but it never presented itself as a point at which all progress could end. Classical liberalism provided the tools of later progressive movements that Recognized the necessity of civil liberties, checks and balances, and competitive politics.

... By destroying democracy such people as Fidel Castro, Ayatollah Khomeini, Moammar Qaddafi, Hugo Chavez, and Robert Mugabe are not liberals any more than Adolf Hitler and Agosto Pinochet.     

+1000.

"Classical" liberalism became reactionary conservatism a long time ago.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »

You mean there are actual poor people in America? I don't see it.

not sure if troll
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »

This is the flaw I see in Democrats. You folks believe opportunity is something that comes from the government. It ain't.

Absolutist, black-and-white, false dichotomy?

Yeah, you're a Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies