Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Romney think that America is full of rich people?  (Read 8554 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: April 13, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

Unless you have a magic plan to reverse a march to serfdom after it starts, than there isn't anything false about the dichotomy and if you honestly think about it for ten minutes you can't deny that.  You might think its 'doomsday-ish.'  IDK how to get around your feelings when referencing the facts of History.  Respectfully, maybe you should get around your feelings and think.      

I'm wondering how many "facts of History" and non-feeling statements you feel like you've conveyed here?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2012, 05:11:27 PM by ¥ENMOR »

This new R-WI troll is great, he's like a computer program that shoves Fox News memes into common sentence structures and prints the result.

Right?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not asking you to write a book. There's plenty of room on these forums to express your opinions and conjecture without having to cite it. What I'm calling you out on - and what others will continue to do - is how you want to crap on everyone else, talking about how they're not using facts and how we're all "feeling" instead of thinking. Guess what? You're not using facts either. You're simply making broad-based statements ("freedom is under attack, government's gunna getcha, road to serfdom") without backing them up with any facts. Even your more elaborate thoughts are conjecture, although a little bit better thought out.

Let's not even get on the psychological points of how you guys "think" (feel). You seem to be in denial about what constitutes a rational thought. Liberals think, rationalize and try to debate with numbers, statistics and facts. That's why we get called "elitists" and "out of touch". Conservatives feel the situation in their gut ("I just know Obama's a muslim!") and conjecture based on what their head tells them (whether it's religion, politics or life in general).

You may want to cool the antagonistic tones you're taking toward everybody. People who act like aggressive little sh**ts don't last that long, on average.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »

Is that your life experience in Georgia?  I have wondered if the dynamic flips in the deep south.  Elitist claims tend to flow from dismissive-ness that ignores the point.  You stumbled on my razor that a dumb republican may have idiotic reasoning, yet is more likely to come to the correct result whereas a dumb democrat may have some reasoning (usually emotional appeal), but inevitably comes to the wrong conclusion.  I maintain hope smart people can rise above.     

You should check out my profile, see where I live and compare that with the Atlas. I wouldn't hold Cheesehead Republicanism in any higher regard, however; it looks as if your legislature is more extreme than ours. The Democrats and the Tea Party actually worked together here to defeat our union-busting bill and the abortion legislation was watered down to 20 weeks (which even as a far-left social liberal, I find acceptable), and that's with nearly 2/3 Republicans in the legislature.

You should look at how you've been typing over the past 15 or so posts. If you had started off with the same style that you are using now, then there would have been more initial respect for what you are conveying. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »

Nope. From:

to:

Keep in mind that no "facts" had been provided. Now we're here and there's a definite increase in the quality of your conversational skills.

Historically, yes.

Besides parts of it being struck down, I'm guessing we won't see eye to eye on what the anti-union bill in your state does. I think we can agree, however, that it certainly eliminated the brilliantly mainstream Republican majority in the Senate. Here's a total of four bills (three anti-abortion, one anti-contraception) that Walker just signed this week.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »

Nope. From:

to:

Keep in mind that no "facts" had been provided. Now we're here and there's a definite increase in the quality of your conversational skills.

Historically, yes.

Besides parts of it being struck down, I'm guessing we won't see eye to eye on what the anti-union bill in your state does. I think we can agree, however, that it certainly eliminated the brilliantly mainstream Republican majority in the Senate. Here's a total of four bills (three anti-abortion, one anti-contraception) that Walker just signed this week.

So, you don't like the first one? or the second one is really nice compared to the first one? or the second one is mean?  I'm not sure how you feel about them.  

The majority ended?  The Legislature is out of session.  A senator resigned for family reasons at the end of the session.  She probably didn't like the harassment and death threats either.  She also has a medical practice to run.  

As for the "war on women" stuff.  Didn't manufacturing that issue blow up in Chicago's face the last few days?  
The Wisconsin Dems are pathetically pinning their hopes on it anyway.
Wis Dem Spokesman Zielinski, In Lefty Publication, Admits Collective Bargaining Issue Not Hurting Walker; Dems Will Instead Focus On "War on Women" and "Secret" John Doe
http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/04/scott-walker-recall-wisconsin-democrat-union

We got this topic way too off-topic, so I was hesitating to reply but this will be my last response. I meant that you sounded like a 15-year old coming into the topic and as it went on, you brought your conversation up to par. That's all I was really addressing in the first place. As far as the legislature goes, yes, it's closed now. You guys lost two seats in recalls and Pam Galloway was facing one too. I guess she resigned out of fear of losing more than anything. If she had things to worry about in her personal life, she shouldn't have ran for office in 2010, even if there's nothing left to do this cycle (so why resign unless you're afraid of a recall? Death threats, smeath threats). And Chicago had nothing to do with Rosen's comments and we certainly handled it better than Romney with the LL Fair Pay Act. It won't negatively impact Democrats' standing with women. Didn't Walker and the legislature also just repeal an equal pay bill in WI, too? You can PM me if you want to continue the discussion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies