Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 06:01:09 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Mitt Romney disagrees with Mitt Romney once again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mitt Romney disagrees with Mitt Romney once again  (Read 491 times)
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney and his campaign have been on the offensive for days, attacking Democrats and President Obama for not respecting motherhood as work. Sparked by comments made by Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen suggesting Ann Romney might not be the most qualified expert on women’s economic woes because she’s “never worked a day in her life,” the Romney campaign seized on the opening to accuse the Democrats of waging a “war on moms.”

But the attacks don’t gibe with comments Romney made just three months ago on the campaign trail. In January, Romney touted his proposal as governor of Massachusetts to raise the amount of work required of parents on welfare so that they could “have the dignity of work.”

The comment was uncovered and aired on MSNBC’s “Up w/Chris Hayes,” Sunday morning.

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” said Romney in New Hampshire. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’”

But it was this very idea, that raising children is not “work,” that started the Romney campaign’s “war on moms” attack against Democrats this week. Immediately following Rosen’s comments on CNN Wednesday night, the Romney campaign kicked into high gear attacking Rosen and defending motherhood as “hard work.”

more: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/as-governor-romney-pushed-mothers-to-get-jobs-to-have-the-dignity-of-work.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »
Ignore

The amount of flip-flopping, negativity, and desperation in the Romney campaign is incredible.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »
Ignore

Having a paying job gives a woman more economic opportunities and more financial freedom, which is why more and more women strive for it. Both types of moms are certainly "working moms".

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney and his campaign have been on the offensive for days, attacking Democrats and President Obama for not respecting motherhood as work. Sparked by comments made by Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen suggesting Ann Romney might not be the most qualified expert on women’s economic woes because she’s “never worked a day in her life,” the Romney campaign seized on the opening to accuse the Democrats of waging a “war on moms.”

But the attacks don’t gibe with comments Romney made just three months ago on the campaign trail. In January, Romney touted his proposal as governor of Massachusetts to raise the amount of work required of parents on welfare so that they could “have the dignity of work.”

The comment was uncovered and aired on MSNBC’s “Up w/Chris Hayes,” Sunday morning.

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” said Romney in New Hampshire. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’”

But it was this very idea, that raising children is not “work,” that started the Romney campaign’s “war on moms” attack against Democrats this week. Immediately following Rosen’s comments on CNN Wednesday night, the Romney campaign kicked into high gear attacking Rosen and defending motherhood as “hard work.”

more: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/as-governor-romney-pushed-mothers-to-get-jobs-to-have-the-dignity-of-work.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

An inconsistency! Mittosis has occured yet again!

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:41:04 pm »
Ignore

Mark my words. Conservative Mitt Romney will finally defeat a Liberal Mitt Romney in primariesinside his head and then... TO NOVEMBER!
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »
Ignore

Now, this is an actual policy proposal spoken from the lips of Mitt himself.  Voters will definitely feel more concerned about things like this than anything Hillary Rosen might say.

IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
Ignore

It's going to be an enjoyable next 4 months.

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:11:42 am »
Ignore

The amount of flip-flopping, negativity, and desperation in the Romney campaign is incredible.

Oh please this isn't a flip-flop. No where did he criticize stay at home moms. MSNBC once again shows how much of a joke of a news network its is.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:13:55 am by redcommander »Logged
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:44:30 am »
Ignore

Now, this is an actual policy proposal spoken from the lips of Mitt himself.  Voters will definitely feel more concerned about things like this than anything Hillary Rosen might say.

But they clearly don't. There's been much more discussion of Rosen's comment than this particular incidence of flip-flopping, pretty much everywhere. Will the flip-flopping, all taken together, be a bigger factor in the campaign than Rosen's comment? Yes. But Rosen's comment is likely to actually do Romney some real, albeit short-term good.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 06:05:03 am »
Ignore

Oh please this isn't a flip-flop. No where did he criticize stay at home moms.

Yeah, I guess saying that they have no dignity can actually be considered praising them.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Purch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 08:42:40 am »
Ignore

This election cycle is building up to be one of the funniest things I've witnessed.

We started at

A War on Religion (Anti-Democrats) -------> A War on Women ( Anti-Republicans) -------> A War on Moms ( Anti-Democrat)

What's next?

Those gravestones don't say democrat or republican those gravestones say American.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout