Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 01:33:37 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Congressional districts for Ron Paul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: In which of the remaining primaries will Ron Paul win at least one congressional district?
Connecticut
Delaware
New York
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Indiana
North Carolina
West Virginia
Nebraska
Oregon
Arkansas
Kentucky
Texas
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
South Dakota
Utah
none
Show Pie Chart

Author Topic: Congressional districts for Ron Paul  (Read 1262 times)
diarrhea
Rookie
View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »
Ignore

Dr. Ron Paul has already won three districts. Will he be able to extend this number?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:11:20 am by diarrhea »Logged
argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
Ignore

He could win his own in Texas, but unless he's in contention for another states I don't see him getting another.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »
Ignore

He could win his own in Texas, but unless he's in contention for another states I don't see him getting another.
He could get one in CA.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:13:19 pm »
Ignore

He could get one in CA.
Which one? Nancy Pelosi's district? Maxine Waters' district? Unless he's in the 20s there I think it's seriously hard to see him doing well.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 06:11:26 pm »
Ignore

He could get one in CA.
Which one? Nancy Pelosi's district? Maxine Waters' district? Unless he's in the 20s there I think it's seriously hard to see him doing well.

He just gave massive speechs at Berkeley, Chico, and UCLA for a few thousand college students each, so he can win at least one out of 53 there, and of course his own district in Texas. And Montana seems to be very much in line with his ideology (see Schweitzer, Tester, etc), so he's got at least a shot there.

Ember
EmberFour
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »
Ignore

I would imagine Walter Jones' district in North Carolina would go for him.

do not give into evil.
Minnesota Mike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
Ignore

FWIW Paul just got all three Delegates from the Colorado CD 1 convention.

#copolitics
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, this is a possibility.

Also, it's so R-Money to unabashedly ruin a thousand dollar suit with ice water and laugh about it.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »
Ignore

He could get one in CA.

He just gave massive speechs at Berkeley, Chico, and UCLA for a few thousand college students each, so he can win at least one out of 53 there, and of course his own district in Texas. And Montana seems to be very much in line with his ideology (see Schweitzer, Tester, etc), so he's got at least a shot there.

Well, it wouldn't be hard for him to win some California  congressional districts considering that some won't have many Republican voters, and decline to state voters can vote in the Republican primary, and the voters can at the same time vote Democrat in some of the other races.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »
Ignore

So far he has won three districts, ME-02, VA-03 and my own in MN-05. Though he clearly won CO-01 in the end too despite the straw poll, and I bet he'll get all three delegates from here (then again who knows where the Santorum delegates will go now.)

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 12:00:29 am »
Ignore

He could win a great many districts if a protest Romney by voting Paul movement emerges. The same is true of Santorum. I think people great underestimate the GOP electorate's dissatisfaction with Romney. Not that it's gonna happen, but make the general a 3 way contest in all 50 states between Obama, Romney , and any single anti-Romney and Romney will come in a very distant 3rd.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
diarrhea
Rookie
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 07:55:28 am »
Ignore

So far he has won three districts, ME-02, VA-03 and my own in MN-05.

MN-05? LOL. Isn't that the only Muslim district in the whole nation?
diarrhea
Rookie
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 08:00:39 am »
Ignore

I'm a bit surprised about Montana and South Dakota.
In case he really wins one or both of them, wouldn't that mean he wins the whole state?

Montana? Not to be ruled out.
But South Dakota? Never.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 08:20:01 am »
Ignore

I'm a bit surprised about Montana and South Dakota.
In case he really wins one or both of them, wouldn't that mean he wins the whole state?

Montana? Not to be ruled out.
But South Dakota? Never.

Indeed it would mean so, and of the states still left on the calendar, Montana, and to a lesser extent Sotuh Dakota, would be his best shot(s) to win an actual state (besides the Virgin Islands).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:04:27 pm by sjoycefla »Logged

BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 10:52:12 am »
Ignore

No, and I think most would find it more than a little unusual if a 73% white district where most of the whites are Scandinavians and Germans was majority Muslim. Or even close to it, or even had a Muslim population in the double digit percentage.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 10:55:34 am »
Ignore

No, and I think most would find it more than a little unusual if a 73% white district where most of the whites are Scandinavians and Germans was majority Muslim. Or even close to it, or even had a Muslim population in the double digit percentage.

I think he was referring to Keith Ellison being your Congressional Representative.

Also, it's so R-Money to unabashedly ruin a thousand dollar suit with ice water and laugh about it.
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:21 am »
Ignore

I think he was referring to Keith Ellison being your Congressional Representative.

So TN-09 is a white and Jewish district?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 03:06:59 pm »
Ignore

Speaking of which, is there a congressional district in the entire country with a Muslim population in double digits?

But yes, saying that MN-5 is a "Muslim district" is as ridiculous as saying that TN-9 is a "Jewish district", or for that matter that LA-2 was a "Vietnamese District" for the two years it was represented by Joseph Cao.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 03:17:03 pm »
Ignore

Speaking of which, is there a congressional district in the entire country with a Muslim population in double digits?

But yes, saying that MN-5 is a "Muslim district" is as ridiculous as saying that TN-9 is a "Jewish district", or for that matter that LA-2 was a "Vietnamese District" for the two years it was represented by Joseph Cao.

Possibly Michigan's 14th District? It's supposed to have a white population consisting of mostly Albanians, Yemenis, and Bosnians.

shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 08:10:20 am »
Ignore

Possibly Michigan's 14th District? It's supposed to have a white population consisting of mostly Albanians, Yemenis, and Bosnians.
Many Arab and black Muslims there too, though I suspect it's probably high single digits.  One or two of the Brooklyn or Queens districts might have a double digit percentage.

Probably not.  Jones was a mainstream conservative Republican for his first few terms in Congress, and he's kept the respect of the people there while he's turned more civil libertarian and non-interventionist.  His district isn't any kind of libertarian mecca.

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 12:36:20 am »
Ignore

None.  (No, not even his district: he'd be lucky to get 30% there)

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:31 pm »
Ignore

His district is the only district that would go for him.

BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »
Ignore

Maybe one of those NYC districts that have only like 8 actual Republicans in them? Then his hipster supporters might push him over the top.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »
Ignore

Maybe one of those NYC districts that have only like 8 actual Republicans in them? Then his hipster supporters might push him over the top.
Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn  for his lone  Hipster supporters?

BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »
Ignore

And what district contains the Greenwich Village?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout