Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 04:03:24 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment  (Read 4110 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
Ignore

I'm surprised nobody's started a topic on this yet.  What are your thoughts on Rosen's comment?

"What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, 'Well, you know my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues and when I listen to my wife that's what I'm hearing.' Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and why do we worry about their future."

As for my thoughts, Rosen's wording was poor, and you should generally leave candidates spouses out of the picture, but Romney brought her into this. And ultimately Rosen is right: as a stay-at-home mom, Rosen doesn't have the perspective that a working mom would have on economic issues. Although, the bigger point that probably could've been made without making stay-at-home moms angry would've just to made a comment about the Romneys wealth in general. Not that that's fair either, but Democrat pissing off wealthy voters hurts less than pissing off moms.
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:36:29 pm »
Ignore

I think it's more of the same old American sensationalism. Turning an absolute non-issue into the issue of the week. I find the entire thing to be excruciatingly contrived and pointless.

EDIT: To go deeper...since this is apparently going to be a serious discussion; I should clarify that what I find the most offensively idiot about this whole garbage issue is that the entire point of the comment has been glossed over in favor of sensationalist politicking. She hasn't worked! There are so many women who are being swept under the rug by Obama and just this issue in general that are fighting ALONE to go to their jobs all day and come home to raise their kids day in and day out. I can't even do that for myself let alone little people that depend on me. The whole basis of this issue is so beyond ignorant that it just baffles me. I honestly cannot believe that people are trying to turn this into an issue about raising children. BULL, this is about women who run their own shet AND have to raise kids all on their own. Something Ann Romney definitely NEVER did.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:52:17 pm by PhilthyPhezzy »Logged
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 2.32, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »
Ignore

I don't.

I am outraged by Rosen's comments, because I am a Republican and she offended the people we needed her to offend.

Outraged, I say!

Wink

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »
Ignore

I partly feel sympathy for her, just because I honestly don't think she was thinking "moms don't work" when she said that, but then again, I've seen Republicans make similar-type comments and it was blown way out of proportion as well. Will be interesting to see what this does - Romney shouldn't overplay this, but it may have helped him slightly with women, at least for now. If anything, it gains them some sympathy.

I have no ill feelings towards her on the comments - Anne Romney has thick skin, so I doubt it bothered her too much. If anything, strategist Republicans were happy she made this comment as it gives a little bit of ammo in trying to win some more of the women vote.

In closing, politician's families should never be attacked in a campaign like that. So the blame falls on Rosen.

Upset: Hogan wins in Maryland
Bold Prediction: Deal wins outright, avoiding a runoff
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »
Ignore

It's not so much that she didn't work while she was raising her kids. It's that she's never had a job. Ever. And I certainly don't blame her personally. I wouldn't work if I didn't have to. But what does that say about our economy that you have these idle richers who have never been gainfully employed a day in their life, live off investments, and then pay taxes at a lower rate than the vast majority of people who work hard every day? Our entire economic system is seriously screwy.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:30 pm »
Ignore

It's not so much that she didn't work while she was raising her kids. It's that she's never had a job. Ever. And I certainly don't blame her personally. I wouldn't work if I didn't have to. But what does that say about our economy that you have these idle richers who have never been gainfully employed a day in their life, live off investments, and then pay taxes at a lower rate than the vast majority of people who work hard every day? Our entire economic system is seriously screwy.

Mitt hasn't had a job for over half a decade now, either.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 12:02:11 am »
Ignore

I find the remark nauseating, because Ann was simply saying what she heard working women tell her, not that she claimed to be an expert on the world of paycheck work where you depend on that paycheck. So the attack on her for not being an expert, poorly worded, was way, way beyond the pale. Rosen is just an unthinking attack dog really, who hasn't been adequately trained to do the job effectively.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: 5.74

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 12:22:56 am »
Ignore

I agree with Rosen's general message but her delivery was poor and made her sound ignorant. I hold working women in infinitely higher esteem than rich housewives.

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 12:46:25 am »
Ignore

You know who else never had a "real job?"  Jackie Kennedy, and Lady Bird Johnson (unless "using daddy's money to buy a radio station and then totally non-suspiciously getting a legal monopoly for the entire city of Austin" counts), and Rosalynn Carter.  Oh, and Theresa Heinz, and Tipper Gore (unless "part-time photographer" counts), and Kitty Dukakis, and Joan Mondale (unless "part-time museum tour guide for less than a year" counts).  Oh, and if we're going the class warfare route and excluding jobs earning more than six figures, Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama.

(In short, the only Democratic first lady candidate ever to hold a working-class job for any extended period of time out of economic necessity rather than personal choice was Eleanor McGovern).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:50:24 am by I cannot imagine power as a thing negative and not positive. »Logged
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 02:34:42 am »
Ignore

The Romneys are a couple where both are out of work, desperately trying to raise a family while still making sure to uphold American values by driving a couple of Cadillacs.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 04:55:34 am »
Ignore

What's really asinine is that even the journalists who covered this thing admitted it's a trivial non-issue, yet they went on with their hyperventilating reporting and analysis. 

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 08:12:54 am »
Ignore

I'm surprised nobody's started a topic on this yet.  What are your thoughts on Rosen's comment?

This story is being hyped by the media in an attempt to help Romney. But Rosen is not an Obama strategist, so it's really not even relevant to Obama.

The media needs to just shut its mouth.

Try this wonderful POPULIST BLOG...

http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 08:29:45 am »
Ignore

I'm surprised nobody's started a topic on this yet.  What are your thoughts on Rosen's comment?

This story is being hyped by the media in an attempt to help Romney. But Rosen is not an Obama strategist, so it's really not even relevant to Obama.

The media needs to just shut its mouth.

Correct, Bandit. Romney seems on course to get a John McCain style 2008 free pass Angry

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 08:31:01 am »
Ignore

Correct, Bandit. Romney seems on course to get a John McCain style 2008 free pass Angry

Or even worse, a Bush-style free pass.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:49 am »
Ignore

Or even worse, a Bush-style free pass.

Had a bad feeling in my water with GWB from DAY ONE. Indeed, the Reactionary Party seems oblivious to the fact that capitalism requires more broad-based prosperity (Bill Clinton, to a point, understood that, which is why, economically, he was by far more successful than any of the Republicans post-1981)

If only a Democrat Smiley had been bequeathed the Clinton legacy of prosperity (given that most of the 22% gain in median incomes - during the Washington Consensus - occurred during his presidency), low unemployment (23 million jobs generated between 1993-2001) and solvent government

Anyway, nothing changes the fact that the 'Crash of 2008' has totally and utterly discredited the neoliberal mantra espoused by Friedrich von Hayek. Reactionary Party-nomics have proven themselves The Road to Serfdom

The Democratic Party is the party of middle class empowerment; the Reactionary Party that of middle class emaciation. If the GOP hadn't gained control of the House of Representatives or made sizeable gains in the Senate, in 2010, the economic recovery may well have been locked-in with unemployment on a more rapidly trend downwards.

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 09:26:49 am »
Ignore

There's no middle class left. The Democrats need to become the party of lower class empowerment.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:56 am »
Ignore

Hilary Rosen is an absolute embarassment to the nation and to the Obama administration.  She is a classless, ignorant wench.

Even President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and Vice President Biden have condemned her outrageous remarks.

There is no tougher job, or role, in life than being a mother.

If the Democrats have any sense at all, they will not be having Rosen speak for them at all in the future.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »
Ignore

I joked that I was mostly offended because it was a useful gaffe for our side. But I do want to say, I don't think this gaffe is as much of a non-issue as Democrats want to say it is.

They key electorate this cycle is women. And Hilary's comments will piss off a lot of women. It will certainly piss off the moms of higher-income families--Rosen's comments were a direct assault on their lifestyles. I'd say there'd be a fair middle-class population of stay-at-home moms too--a group that Obama desperately needs. And even poorer mothers who do work could take some issue with this, just out of feeling rubbed the wrong way.

The comments could be made to symbolize the group that Democrats would leave out in the dust come a second term.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 12:22:31 pm »
Ignore

I joked that I was mostly offended because it was a useful gaffe for our side. But I do want to say, I don't think this gaffe is as much of a non-issue as Democrats want to say it is.

They key electorate this cycle is women. And Hilary's comments will piss off a lot of women. It will certainly piss off the moms of higher-income families--Rosen's comments were a direct assault on their lifestyles. I'd say there'd be a fair middle-class population of stay-at-home moms too--a group that Obama desperately needs. And even poorer mothers who do work could take some issue with this, just out of feeling rubbed the wrong way.

The comments could be made to symbolize the group that Democrats would leave out in the dust come a second term.

Rosen's comments, of course, have nothing to do with the Obama administration

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »
Ignore

But as one of the premier ambassadors for Democrats in the media, it's pretty significant.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »
Ignore

Non-issue; it will be forgotten about in a week.  Most people didn't know who Hillary Rosen was before this happened, and since what she said obviously only reflects her personal views on the matter, this will not have an impact on Obama.  It would be foolish to blame Obama for something that he didn't mean to construe.
Bull Moose Base
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 12:40:17 pm »
Ignore

I think this issue will continue to be the media's focus for the next 6 months.  The only remote chance I can see people moving on is in the unlikely event someone else on TV says something stupid between now and then and we're all distracted.  I suppose it's possible but I don't honestly see that happening.
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »
Ignore

Rosen's comments have been turned into something far more than what they were. Most news sources refuse to quote her in context:

What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that's what I am hearing.  Guess what?  His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.
She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and how do we worry - and why we worry about their future.  I think, yes, it's about these positions and, yes, I think there will be a war of words about the positions.

Rosen's point was just that Romney wife maybe isn't the most qualified advisor Romney could have chosen to be advisor on these issues. That just the fact that she is his wife doesn't negate that her life experiences have been very different than that of most women. Any good-faith reading of these comments would appreciate that her remark "never worked a day in her life" wasn't meant as an attack on stay-at-home moms. Rosen likely didn't have SAHM in her mind when she uttered the comment. She was clearly referring to formal work. As in "I went to work," or "I'm out of work." When people say these things they don't literally mean that no dishes are washed or no lawns are mowed at home, or that unemployed people can't also raise children. They just mean formal, paid work.

Rosen as a mother herself knows how hard that kind of work is. Also, I think that clearly you can see it wasn't spite for Ann Romney driving the comments. Rosen was responding to Romney's assertion that he uses Ann for advice on women's issues. The point was not to hate on Ann but to point out that Romney might get better advice from more diverse sources. By refusing to defend Rosen, Democrats unfortunately have allowed Republicans to get away with the notion that a Democratic pundit somehow attacked SAHM or Ann Romney, when that is not the case.

Compare the above to these comments,

1. Limbaugh Reads CNS Post: "A Georgetown Co-Ed Told Rep. Nancy Pelosi's Hearing That The Women In Her Law School Program Are Having So Much Sex That They're Going Broke." On his radio show, Limbaugh read from a CNSNews.com blog post that attacked Fluke, saying, " "A Georgetown co-ed told Rep. Nancy Pelosi's hearing that the women in her law school program are having so much sex that they're going broke, so you and I should pay for their birth control. ... Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke said that it's too expensive to have sex in law school without mandated insurance coverage.' " [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/29/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

2. Limbaugh: "Can You Imagine If You're Her Parents"? Fluke Testified "She's Having So Much Sex She Can't Afford Her Own Birth Control Pills." Also on the February 29 show, Limbaugh said: "Can you imagine if you're her parents how proud of Sandra Fluke you would be? Your daughter goes up to a congressional hearing conducted by the Botox-filled Nancy Pelosi and testifies she's having so much sex she can't afford her own birth control pills and she agrees that Obama should provide them, or the Pope." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/29/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

3. Limbaugh Calls Fluke A "Slut" And "A Prostitute." Later on the broadcast, Limbaugh said, "What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic], who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid for sex? What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/29/12, via Media Matters]

4. Limbaugh: "She Wants To Be Paid To Have Sex." After calling Fluke a "slut," Limbaugh continued: "She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns? No! We're not the johns. (interruption) Yeah, that's right. Pimp's not the right word."

5. Limbaugh: Fluke Is "Round-Heeled." Limbaugh modified his comment about Fluke being a "slut": "Okay, so she's not a slut. She's 'round heeled.' I take it back." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/29/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

6. Limbaugh: "I Guess Now We Know Why Bill Clinton Went To Georgetown. ... Sandra Fluke. So Much Sex Going On, They Can't Afford Birth Control Pills." Later on the broadcast, Limbaugh said, "Well, I guess now we know why Bill Clinton went to Georgetown and why Hillary went to Wellesley. Well, all the sex going on at Georgetown. Sandra Fluke. So much sex going on, they can't afford birth control pills. She said that to Nancy Pelosi yesterday." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/29/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

MARCH 1

7. Limbaugh: Yesterday, I Said Fluke "Went Before A Congressional Committee And Said She's Having So Much Sex, She's Going Broke Buying Contraceptives." On the March 1 broadcast of his show, Rush Limbaugh said, "The left has been thrown into an outright conniption fit. ... The reaction that they are having to what I said yesterday about Susan Fluke -- or Sandra Fluke, whatever her name is -- the Georgetown student who went before a congressional committee and said she's having so much sex, she's going broke buying contraceptives and wants us to buy them." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

8. Limbaugh: You'd Call Someone "Who Wants Us To Pay For Her To Have Sex" A "Slut Or Prostitute." Limbaugh then said, "I said, 'Well, what you call someone who wants us to pay for her to have sex? What would you call that woman? You'd call 'em as I -- slut or prostitute or what-- that has sent them into orbit." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

9. Limbaugh: "I'll Happily Buy [Fluke] All The Aspirin She Wants." Limbaugh went on to say: "I'll happily buy her all the aspirin she wants. ... We would happily buy Sandra Fluke all the aspirin she wants. What could that possibly cost? ... I'm offering a compromise today. I will buy all of the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

10. Limbaugh Again Reads CNS Article Claiming Fluke Told Hearing "That The Women In Her Law School Program Are Having So Much Sex That They're Going Broke." Also on the March 1 show, Limbaugh again read the CNS post attacking Fluke, saying, "Now, here's the story that started all this. It's by a guy named Craig Bannister at Cybercast News Service [CNS]: 'A Georgetown co-ed told Representative Nancy Pelosi's hearing that the women in her law school program are having so much sex -- so much sex -- that they're going broke, so you and I should pay for their birth control. ... Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke said that it's too expensive to have sex in law school without mandated insurance coverage.' " [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

11. Limbaugh: Fluke "Wants Us To Buy Her Sex. She Wants Us To Pay For Her Sex, And She Went To A Congressional Committee To Close The Sale." Limbaugh also said on the March 1 broadcast: " 'Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school.' That's a thousand dollars a year for sex that she wants us to pay for it. Now, what does that make her? She wants us to buy her sex. She wants us to pay for her sex, and she went to a congressional committee to close the sale." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

12. Limbaugh Mocks Fluke With Baby Voice, Pretending To Cry: "I'm Going Broke Having Sex. ... It's Not Fair." Limbaugh went on to mock Fluke with an affected baby voice, saying, "A woman who goes to law school at Georgetown goes to a congressional hearing where Pelosi is, 'I'm going broke having sex. I need government to provide me condoms and contraception. It's not fair.' " [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

13. Limbaugh: "We Are Paying [Fluke] For Having Sex." Limbaugh then said, "So [this is a] law student at a congressional committee asking for us to pay for the things that make it possible for her to have sex. Therefore, we are paying her to have sex. Therefore, we are paying her for having sex. We are getting screwed, even though we don't meet her personally. What would you call this?" [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »
Ignore

14. Limbaugh: "Ms. Fluke, Have You Ever Heard Of Not Having Sex?" Later on the March 1 broadcast of his show, Limbaugh played clips of Fluke's testimony at the congressional hearing. He then said: "Ms. Fluke, have you ever heard of not having sex? Have you ever heard of not having sex so often? What next that you can't afford are you gonna go to Pelosi and say we need to buy? Mink? A Volt? A Prius?" [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

15. Limbaugh Demands That "Fluke And The Rest Of You Feminazis" Who Are Calling For Contraception Coverage Post Sex "Videos Online So We Can All Watch." Later on the March 1 broadcast, Limbaugh said, "So, Ms. Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it. And I'll tell you what it is. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

16. Limbaugh Again Tells Fluke That He Wants "The Videos Of All This Sex Posted Online So We Can See What We Are Getting For Our Money." Later, Limbaugh said, "So, if we're gonna sit here, and if we're gonna have a part in this, then we want something in return, Ms. Fluke: And that would be the videos of all this sex posted online so we can see what we are getting for our money." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

17. Limbaugh Asks Fluke: "Who Bought Your Condoms In Junior High? Who Bought Your Condoms In The Sixth Grade?" Limbaugh went on to say, "I want to know, who bought -- Ms. Fluke, who bought your condoms in junior high? Who bought your condoms in the sixth grade, or your contraception? Who bought your contraceptive pills in high school? Wouldn't you be just as likely to go broke in high school and junior high as you would be in college?" [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

18. Limbaugh: "A Woman Goes Up To A Congressional Committee And Says, 'I'm Having Sex So Damn Much, I'm Going Broke.' " Later on the show, Limbaugh played a clip on Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) condemning the attacks on Fluke. Limbaugh then said: "A woman goes up to congressional committee and says: I'm having sex so damn much, I'm going broke. What the heck is going on here?" [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

19. Limbaugh: "I'm Not Questioning [Fluke's] Virtue. I Know What Her Virtue Is. She's Having So Much Sex That She's Going Broke." Limbaugh went on to say that an MSNBC anchor had said that "Limbaugh yesterday squarely aimed his words at Sandra Fluke questioning her virtue." Limbaugh then said: "I'm not questioning her virtue. I know what her virtue is. She's having so much sex that she's going broke! There's no question about her virtue." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

20. Limbaugh Mocks The Idea That Fluke Is "Courageous" Because She's "Having So Much Sex She's Going Broke." Later on the show, Limbaugh played a clip of congresswoman Shelia Jackson Lee condemning Limbaugh's attacks on Fluke and calling Fluke "a courageous young woman." Limbaugh then said, "Stop the tape. Courageous. Recue that to the top. Courageous, having so much sex she's going broke at Georgetown Law. (laughing) Gosh, I love this." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

21. Limbaugh: "Here's A Woman Exercising No Self-Control ... She Wants To Have Repeated, Never-Ending, As-Often-As-She-Wants-It Sex." Limbaugh later said of Fluke, "Here's a woman exercising no self-control. The fact that she wants to have repeated, never-ending, as-often-as-she-wants-it sex -- given. No question about that." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via RushLimbaugh.com]

22. Limbaugh: Fluke Is "Having So Much Sex, It's Amazing She Can Still Walk." Later during the show, Limbaugh said, "Did you notice in that sound bite was Sheila Jackson Lee or Maria Cantwell or one of them, talked about the strength that Sandra Fluke had to go before Congress -- which is amazing. She's having so much sex, it's amazing she can still walk, but she made it up there." [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 3/1/12, via Media Matters]

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
Ignore

...who even is Hilary Rosen?

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout