Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment  (Read 11514 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
« edited: April 15, 2012, 03:36:59 PM by Politico »

Romney is not going to triangulate.  He is not anywhere near progressive on social issues.  If I can recall correctly, he said during one of the debates that he would even push for an amendment banning same-sex marriage.  He's talked about getting rid of Planned Parenthood and basically ignored a man in a wheel chair when asked about his position on medical marijuana.  There is not a single thing, given the rhetoric that he delivers today, that should earn him a reputation as a "moderate."  But he has one, anyway.

GOP primary is over, buddy. We're triangulating, baby! We are going to do whatever it takes to get 47-48% of female voters, which will only be a boost of 3-4 percentage points over what McCain did. Even if we only do as well among males as McCain did (we are BLOWING his benchmark out of the water right now), we will win with 47-48% of female voters. If we accomplish that and maintain our current lead among males, this election will be a landslide for Mitt.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »

Romney is not going to triangulate.  He is not anywhere near progressive on social issues.  If I can recall correctly, he said during one of the debates that he would even push for an amendment banning same-sex marriage.  He's talked about getting rid of Planned Parenthood and basically ignored a man in a wheel chair when asked about his position on medical marijuana.  There is not a single thing, given the rhetoric that he delivers today, that should earn him a reputation as a "moderate."  But he has one, anyway.

GOP primary is over, buddy. We're triangulating, baby!

Y'know what?  Welcome to my ignore list.  I'm done getting worked up over some troll's idiotic, insane, non-responsive posts that were so obviously written by a paid worker for Romney's campaign.  I'm done wasting my time with you people.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 03:38:57 PM »

Y'know what?  Welcome to my ignore list.  I'm done getting worked up over some troll's idiotic, insane, non-responsive posts that were so obviously written by a paid worker for Romney's campaign.  I'm done wasting my time with you people.

Is there an ignore list for reality? I think you may need it on the evening of Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

Let me get this straight: Is Team Obama really gearing up for this re-election battle by arguing we should return welfare to the way it was before the Clinton era reforms? Is Barack Obama really going to transform into Walter Mondale? Please pinch me!

The problem for Romney in this new twist are his words.  Women are likely to take umbrage at his suggestion that stay-at-home mothers receiving welfare lack dignity because they don't have a real job.  And they're likely to recognize the Romney campaign's professed offense at Hillary Rosen comment's as calculated and disingenuous, in light of his own comments.  It aggravates two problems he already has (1) women aren't into him (2) his image as a phony.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »

Except are Mitt's comments spreading as much as Rosen's did? I've had to be away from the TV for the weekend so I haven't been able to see. It seemed like Hilary's comments spread really fast. Have these unearthed Mitt comments done the same?

Because like it or not, Hilary's made for a much more sensational soundbite. And that's really what this is all about.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

Ann Romney has dealt with cancer and MS.

Now I know that Mississippi has a bad reputation. But equating living in it with having cancer seems a bit mean to me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »

Scott, the Romney campaign would not be so idiotic as to pay a person to make such obnoxious posts on his behalf.  There is a minuscule chance that Politico is an Obama false flag operative who was supposed to discredit Romney by association but who overdid his assignment.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »

Scott, the Romney campaign would not be so idiotic as to pay a person to make such obnoxious posts on his behalf.  There is a minuscule chance that Politico is an Obama false flag operative who was supposed to discredit Romney by association but who overdid his assignment.

Now that I think of it, that scenario would be much more likely.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

When did:
1) (making a great choice) marrying well.

3) making it on your own  
LOL wut? I'm amused to see that conservatives consider becoming the trophy wife of a millionaire to be "making it on your own".

People talking about how being a stay at home mum is a real job... well I'd firstly be curious to know how much use the Romney's made use of maids and other hired help for the housework. Of course raising children is taxing in and of itself, but Ann Romney chose that option because she preferred it- theirs no shortage of women can't make that choice because they don't have a wealthy husband(or any husband at all).... and then theirs those mothers/couples that can't even find a job at all(whilst Ann Romney enjoyed the certainty that she would be able to secure a job if she ever wanted one).

Hilary Rosen should have phrased it better. She should have said Ann couldn't understand most women's situation because she's never needed a job... even if she had taken one it would have been a luxury preference since her income would be statistically insignificant compared to her husband's and therefore not impacted her standard of living one way or the other.

She's basically equivalent to a trust fund millionare in other words. Sure they might opt for a job or children, but the job will be out of preference rather then financial pressure, and children won't mean a financial pressure for them.

She didn't marry a millionaire.  She married a guy from a good family.  That you think Mitt has been rich his entire life is a little stunning, but not surprising I guess.  Remember at that time it was normal for 'rich' parents to raise kids to maturity and let them: 'go out on their own.'  Mitt was married raising kids while going to college... I'm sure that was a life of luxury.  I've herd stories about how their parents would visit their cheap concrete floor apartment, take them out to dinner, and make fun of them for living like that.  I thought it was common knowledge Mitt donated everything he inherited from his dad. 

I don't think it is wise for a large part of society to denigrate or cheapen someone because their PARENTS were successful.  Like that's a bad thing.  Likewise, glorifying people for having any type of 'bad' parents isn't the best thing either.       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 01:50:34 PM »

1) a "Trophy wife" is typically approaching half the guys age, not his high school sweetheart.
2) a trophy wife typically marries the guy when he actually has money, not a decade before. 
etc. etc.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2012, 01:54:40 PM »

Who is Hilary Rosen?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »

A paid employee of the Democrats project to manufacture a nonexistent GOP "war on women."  That is actually what makes this a news story.  The perpetrators of a gigantic slander are actually guilty of said slander.  Had they not manufactured and pumped up the issue for two months it wouldn't matter so much.  Oops! 

People forget that these tactics employed by this generation of democrats sometimes, perhaps often, blowup in your face and create a backlash.       
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »

And had you heard of her before this comment was made, and the media apparently decided to latch onto it?

Also, are you alleging that the GOP War on Women is a myth??  Huh
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

A paid employee of the Democrats project to manufacture a nonexistent GOP "war on women."        

CNN=Democrats? Who knew?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2012, 08:03:28 PM by AmericanNation »

Yes, I had seen her on TV pushing democrat talking points before.

Also,
I had heard of the PR firm she works for.  I had heard of the democrat party before (they employ the firm she works for).  I had heard of the Obama administration before (she has lobbying privileges).  I had heard the "war on women" crap being manufactured by all of her bosses for months prior to her comments.

I think she was honest when she called the fake manufactured "war on women" PR campaign a "Phony War".  She would know because she was employed by the entities manufacturing it to manufacture it.  

Quotation: "Let's declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance."
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »

A paid employee of the Democrats project to manufacture a nonexistent GOP "war on women."        

CNN=Democrats? Who knew?

I don't think CNN paid her much or anything... her other jobs are paying though.  Nice try. 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »

And let's call this what it is: Santorum's War on Women.

Romney had no choice but to involve himself, which is a damn shame. This war on women was 100% Santorum's fault.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »

And let's call this what it is: Santorum's War on Women.

Romney had no choice but to involve himself, which is a damn shame. This war on women was 100% Santorum's fault.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2012, 02:44:41 PM by Joe Republic »

Yes, I had seen her on TV pushing democrat talking points before.

Also,
I had herd of the PR firm she works for.  I had herd of the democrat party before (they employ the firm she works for).  I had heard of the Obama administration before (she has lobbying privileges).  I had herd the "war on women" crap being manufactured by all of her boss's for  months prior to her comments.

How on earth is somebody vaguely affiliated to Thailand's minority political party in any way relevant to the US presidential election?  You must be really clutching at straws!

And here's a helpful compilation of various battlegrounds in the War on Women:  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=150850.0
I wasn't able to catch as many of them as I'd have liked.

[Spelling and grammar errors have been highlighted in red.  You're welcome!]
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »

CNN=Democrats? Who knew?

I don't think CNN paid her much or anything... her other jobs are paying though.  Nice try. 

Rosen is an employee of CNN which has a policy of forbidding its employees from working in political campaigns.
Nice try.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »

Who is this person and why should I care?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »

She's one of the premier ambassadors for Democrats in the media.

You should care because she snubbed a huge demographic of people.

As for me saying Romney had no choice but to turn right on this women's issue--I still stand by what I said. Romney had to win a primary dominated by the religious right. If you have a losing candidate spouting red meat every which way to these people, you sort of have to engage. I blame Santorum.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

The fact that Ann Romney brought being a mother into the equation is being totally ignored, Hilary Rosen never once mentioned any mothers.

Ann Romney didn't work for a paycheck, so how can she claim any authority on knowing anything about economics? Mitt claimed she is his economic surrogate, but someone with no work history cannot speak with any authority on that. The outrage is for the campaign, nothing more.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »

I had herd the "war on women" crap being manufactured by all of her boss's for  months prior to her comments.

[Spelling and grammar errors have been highlighted in red.  You're welcome!]

boss's is correct (depends on which grammar book you use I suppose)

Haha, what?  Perhaps if the grammar book pertains to a language other than English!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2012, 03:50:46 PM by Big DaddyPA »

The sexualities of the people involved aren't even slightly relevant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies