Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:20:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment  (Read 11690 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: April 14, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »

I think this issue will continue to be the media's focus for the next 6 months.  The only remote chance I can see people moving on is in the unlikely event someone else on TV says something stupid between now and then and we're all distracted.  I suppose it's possible but I don't honestly see that happening.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/mitt-romney-mothers-welfare-moms_n_1426113.html

Oops.  That turned up even faster than the several days it took Romney to address Rush Limbaugh's comments (saying only that he himself would have used different language).
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

Let me get this straight: Is Team Obama really gearing up for this re-election battle by arguing we should return welfare to the way it was before the Clinton era reforms? Is Barack Obama really going to transform into Walter Mondale? Please pinch me!

The problem for Romney in this new twist are his words.  Women are likely to take umbrage at his suggestion that stay-at-home mothers receiving welfare lack dignity because they don't have a real job.  And they're likely to recognize the Romney campaign's professed offense at Hillary Rosen comment's as calculated and disingenuous, in light of his own comments.  It aggravates two problems he already has (1) women aren't into him (2) his image as a phony.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies