Are you a vegetarian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:08:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you a vegetarian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you a vegetarian?
Yes

No

No, I am a vegan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Are you a vegetarian?  (Read 8526 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: April 14, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

I'm not vegetarian but strongly dislike the flavors and/or textures of most meats and in practice limit my consumption to 2-4 servings of hamburger per month. I don't have any moral objections about consuming animal products but am very concerned about how those animals are sometimes treated and find it difficult enough to keep track of whose suppliers utilize which methods that I do not really even bother trying. If I knew that a company's practices were satisfactory, or that it sells lab-grown meat I would very likely consume a somewhat greater amount of meat products.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »

The nearest four stores recommended to me by that website are a 6-8 hour drive away, three being out of state and two of those actually requiring me to cross two state borders. omgz xD

I'm always surprised by people's perceived difficulty of living without meat.  I was never a big steak guy, but I definitely enjoy the taste of meat.  What exactly is the difficulty?  Do you all not eat a wide array of food?  You don't have a substantial number of non-meat dishes you enjoy?  That's kind of hard for me to fathom.

For me one of the only factors holding me back from a vegetarian diet is how damned finicky I happen to be. As of yet I haven't discovered a palatable alternative source of complete protein.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies