Dick Cheney endorses Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:21:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Dick Cheney endorses Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dick Cheney endorses Mitt Romney  (Read 1979 times)
jmc247
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) – Former Vice President Dick Cheney walked without assistance and spoke for an hour and 15 minutes without seeming to tire in his first engagement since getting a new heart three weeks ago.

Cheney even threw in some political plugs amid much reminiscing before the Wyoming Republican Party state convention in Cheyenne on Saturday.

He said presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is going to do a "whale of a job." He said it's never been more important to defeat a sitting president and the Republican Party should unite behind Romney.

The crowd of more than 300 gave Cheney and his daughter, Liz Cheney, a long standing ovation. Cheney's heart transplant in Virginia on March 24 initially canceled his trip to the convention but he got last-minute medical clearance to go.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2012-04-14/cheney-speaking-engagement-new-heart/54278042/1
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »

He said presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is going to do a "whale of a job."

Okay, I won't say it.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2012, 04:17:58 PM by General Buck Turgidson »

He said it's never been more important to defeat a sitting president and the Republican Party should unite behind Romney.

So according to Cheney, Romney winning in 2012 is more important than Reagan winning in 1980.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »

Romney must be so thrilled Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »

I am not the biggest fan of Chickenhawk Cheney- but I agree with many of the man's views and I am glad he is doing well
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »

He said it's never been more important to defeat a sitting president and the Republican Party should unite behind Romney.

So according to Cheney, Romney winning in 2012 is more important than Reagan winning in 1980.

If he's got a time machine, I'd like to make a deal.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Mitt Romney would be just the latest in a long list of Reactionary Party-nomic mediocrities, if that! What was it? Massachusetts 47 out of 50 in terms of jobs created under his watch [perhaps it was because he was "severely conservative" Grin]. The only president, during the Washington Consensus (1981-2008), worthy of praise is Bill Clinton Smiley, while Barack Obama has faced challenges, at home, no president since FDR has had to face

I could never endorse the Romney guarantee of debt, more debt and even more debt, as a logical consequence of more of that supply-side nonsense which will only guarantee that wealth continues to be concentrated at the very top setting the US for a catastrophic fall, eventually

Until the Reactionary Party abandons its irrational anti-tax jihad (tax rates were at fiscally responsible levels when Bill Clinton left office), they well be forever, in my eyes, unfit to exist let alone "govern"

As for Cheney, the less said about the Bush-Cheney 'kakistocracy' the better Roll Eyes. If only a Democrat had been dealt the Clinton legacy of prosperity, low unemployment and solvent government ... And here I was thinking that 2012 wasn't going to fire me up Wink

I'm at variance with President Obama on certain issues but I'd be busting my ass to secure his re-election
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »

Not surprised.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »

Who'd want it? They still sup from the Devil's Teat
Nichlemn

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »

Every Presidential election is the most important one ever, this is a fact. It won't be long before an election decides the fate of the universe.
jmc247
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

Wyoming has their convention today where they select their delegates. His speech there probably the most good Cheney can do Mitt publicly.

Romney has the April 24th states in the bag. The May 8th states (North Carolina, West Virginia, and Indiana) are a different matter entirely. Those are states were Romney could use Santorum, Huckabee and George W. Bush's endorsement in the lead up.

They are states that might have a large rural and evangelical protest vote for Newt.

jmc247
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »

All 14 national delegates chosen at Wyo. GOP state convention committed to Romney

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — The Wyoming Republican Party has chosen 14 delegates to this summer's Republican National Convention and all of them are committed to support former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

The voting happened Saturday at the Wyoming Republican Party convention in Cheyenne.

Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee after former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum suspended his campaign this week. The Wyoming delegates put Romney a small step closer to formally clinching the nomination.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/575e01546fe94e56b59cd8f41dcfca05/WY--Wyoming-Republicans-Delegates/
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »

Thank you Vice President Cheney and thank you Wyoming.

Thanks you guys.

Cheesy
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »

Romney, yall have my support from all the citizens of Wyoming to myself.

I approve this message.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

Soulless robot endorses soulless robot.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 12:10:30 PM »

Now, where is it going to go that coveted Charles Manson endorsement?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies