Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 05:16:26 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  When will Santorum officially endorse Romney?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When will Santorum officially endorse Romney?  (Read 6515 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:44:35 pm »
Ignore

When will Santorum officially endorse Romney?

Anybody have any ideas?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/10/santorum-adviser-insists-he-will-rally-behind-romney/

Santorum advisor John Brabender says he will, but did not name a date.

July 2 , 2014

President Obama has topped predecessor George W. Bush in another poll, but not one he would like.

In a new Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% named Obama the worst president since World War II, and 28% put Bush at the bottom of post-war presidents.

OBAMA WORSE THAN DUBYA!  WHO KNEW?
jmc247
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »
Ignore

When Romney works out how he will pay off Santorum's debt and when Santorum will speak at the convention.

Santorum I am sure wants it to happen before the May 8th primaries because he wants Newt to go down and wants to be regarded as the true #2 of this race.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 12:00:36 am »
Ignore

When Romney works out how he will pay off Santorum's debt and when Santorum will speak at the convention.

Santorum I am sure wants it to happen before the May 8th primaries because he wants Newt to go down and wants to be regarded as the true #2 of this race.

But do you really think Romney will pay off Santorum's campaign debts?

That is not the way to deal with that issue.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:02:58 am by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »Logged

July 2 , 2014

President Obama has topped predecessor George W. Bush in another poll, but not one he would like.

In a new Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% named Obama the worst president since World War II, and 28% put Bush at the bottom of post-war presidents.

jmc247
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:58 am »
Ignore

But do you really think Romney will pay off Santorum's campaign debts?

I think so.... he will do it through his big money supporters. Santorum isn't 4.5 million dollars in the hole like Newt I don't believe and Santorum represents the religious/social conservative base of the GOP Romney wants the support of and he has alot of delegates that Romney would like to pick up.

Romney won't be paying off Newt's debts. But, paying off Santorum's debts is a good investment. Romney paid off Pawlenty's debt and he had much less reason to do so then he does for Santorum.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
Ignore

Thank you for the explanation.

And welcome to the forum.

July 2 , 2014

IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 01:43:10 am »
Ignore

Why would he before Romney gets the threshold? Makes no sense.

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 04:16:51 am »
Ignore

Why would he before Romney gets the threshold? Makes no sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZdY9rw-uo

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:19:53 am »
Ignore

Politico if you have that photo in your signature I will have to put this one in mine-

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 04:51:33 pm »
Ignore

It is not up to Romney to pay off Santorum's campaign debts.

Santorum has gone to his supporters on his website asking for donations to pay off these debts.

July 2 , 2014

IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »
Ignore

Politico - Romney's not going to be president.

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »
Ignore

Politico - Romney's not going to be president.

Well, as Wolf Blitzer said on Piers Morgan Tuesday night

Anyone who says they know who is going to win this election is wrong.  There's so much to happen between now and November.

This is going to be a brutal campaign, with hundreds of millions of dollars being spent by both sides.

July 2 , 2014

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 05:32:17 pm »
Ignore

I see no reason why a conviction politician like Rick Santorum should endorse such a valueless cipher, who stands for nothing beyond his own advancement and enrichment

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 05:40:39 pm »
Ignore

My opinion of Santorum would go down a lot if he did actually endorse Mitt Romney. Just say you "support the Republican nominee" and be done with it. No need to get on the sinking Romney ship.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 05:44:33 pm »
Ignore

Just say you "support the Republican nominee" and be done with it. 

Same thing as saying you endorse Romney.

July 2 , 2014

Rooney
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 05:49:53 pm »
Ignore

I see no reason why a conviction politician like Rick Santorum should endorse such a valueless cipher, who stands for nothing beyond his own advancement and enrichment
That is like the 12th time you have said that same exact statement in the last 3 days. Are you a bot or just a simpleminded, dogmatic DNC talking points man? I certainly hope you are a bot because no one deserves the fate of the other option.

Political Matrix:
Economic score: +8.65
Social score: -8.00
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 06:00:22 pm »
Ignore

Not if you wait until Romney has 1144 delegates and thus the nomination.  Doing so beforehand is supporting Romney; doing so afterhand is supporting the Republican nominee.

My November ballot:
Ervin(I) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
Yes: Amendment 1 (Gen. Assembly may allow and regulate charity raffles)
No: Amendment 2 (end election of the Adjutant General)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »
Ignore

Not if you wait until Romney has 1144 delegates and thus the nomination.  Doing so beforehand is supporting Romney; doing so afterhand is supporting the Republican nominee.

At this point in the game, with everyone knowing full well that Romney is now the nominee, with reaching 1144 only a formaility, only a political coward would wait until Romney reaches 1144, then says something so obviously patronizing and stupid as

I support the Republican nominee.

July 2 , 2014

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »
Ignore

That is like the 12th time you have said that same exact statement in the last 3 days. Are you a bot or just a simpleminded, dogmatic DNC talking points man? I certainly hope you are a bot because no one deserves the fate of the other option.

Neither Wink

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout