Majority-Minority States
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:47:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Majority-Minority States
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Majority-Minority States  (Read 8860 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »

Some media outlets described George Zimmerman as a white Hispanic... 

And I'm always a bit weirded out by the fact that Manu Ginobili (totally Italian) or Nestor Kirchner (German/Croatian) count as Hispanic in the US. 
Manu is from Argentina though so he is Hispanic. He did play basketball in Italy I believe for sometime though.
timothyinMD

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »

Nice try attempting to call me or Republicans racists or hating certain people.  Unequivocally false.

The sad thing in America is to have a group of people that the Democrats disgustingly and shamefully pander too. 

California Dems in the 90s to Hispanics: "Look at those awful Republicans who think that illegals should get taxpayer funded subsidies. They're so awful. Vote for us and we'll do nothing about illegal immigration and let all your buddies stay here and more."  California went from being the economic engine of the country to being the biggest ball and chain around our country's feet.

In Maryland, Gov O'Malley says illegals aren't illegals, they're "new Americans" and we should welcome them, oh and here's the Maryland dream act for ya, please come to our state!  Casa de Maryland, an illegal immigration activist group then moves heaven and earth to re elect the jerk.

I want the immigrants of today to do the same as the immigrants of yesteryear: Become Americans and forget the old country.  I also want them to become prosperous and self sufficient citizens and to succeed and be happy
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »

Nice try attempting to call me or Republicans racists or hating certain people.  Unequivocally false.

The sad thing in America is to have a group of people that the Democrats disgustingly and shamefully pander too. 

California Dems in the 90s to Hispanics: "Look at those awful Republicans who think that illegals should get taxpayer funded subsidies. They're so awful. Vote for us and we'll do nothing about illegal immigration and let all your buddies stay here and more."  California went from being the economic engine of the country to being the biggest ball and chain around our country's feet.

In Maryland, Gov O'Malley says illegals aren't illegals, they're "new Americans" and we should welcome them, oh and here's the Maryland dream act for ya, please come to our state!  Casa de Maryland, an illegal immigration activist group then moves heaven and earth to re elect the jerk.

I want the immigrants of today to do the same as the immigrants of yesteryear: Become Americans and forget the old country.  I also want them to become prosperous and self sufficient citizens and to succeed and be happy

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 01:08:23 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 04:52:23 PM by Nathan »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I just. I can't even.

I'm a fourth-generation American and I couldn't even imagine doing this.

This is sick. You are sick.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »

Some media outlets described George Zimmerman as a white Hispanic... 

And I'm always a bit weirded out by the fact that Manu Ginobili (totally Italian) or Nestor Kirchner (German/Croatian) count as Hispanic in the US. 
Manu is from Argentina though so he is Hispanic. He did play basketball in Italy I believe for sometime though.

Ummm.. I think you missed the point there. And Argentines in general look more Italian than they do Mexican.

The poster with a blue avatar from Maryland is simply unworthy of being responded to.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

Some ball and chain we are...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 10:35:57 PM »

California pays more in taxes than it receives. Timothy in MD is an ignorant fool who has lost touch with reality.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »

Just came across this link and I remembered this thread: http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/map

It doesn't have an option for state maps (just counties) but even that gives a useful overview:

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies