Romney VP search begins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney VP search begins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney VP search begins  (Read 17924 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 17, 2012, 02:52:27 AM »

It won't be a governor or ex-governor.  Romney is not going to want someone who would cause voters to be reminded that he was the governor of Romneycare.  It'll probably be a Senator, as House members generally don't have much credibility anyway, and the way the House has been acting these past two years, I'm doubtful you could find a House Republican who would help much with getting the Independents in the middle to vote GOP.    Given the narrative, I think he'll pick someone who has reasonable credibility on the budget issues without being too controversial, so even if he picked a Representative it won't be Ryan.  None of the few Republican big-city mayors  seem to offer anything a Senator would not.  I don't see Romney as having any reason to think outside the box by picking a businessman.  However, and especially if the Iran situation goes hot before the convention, I could see him picking someone with a military background as his running mate.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »

The thing about Jeb is, he'd be far-and-away the best pick, if it wasn't for his last name.

Not really.  Romney does not need a current or ex-governor as his running mate, since either Romney will look like a fool for picking a doofus, or have his own record as governor be outdone by his running mate.  Romney needs to pick someone without gubernatorial experience.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies