Gun owners? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:49:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gun owners? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun owners?  (Read 9067 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 17, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »

I don't own one, but will some day.  For fun mostly, a little for "what if sh**t breaks" down and I need to acquire water/food/fuel or protect my water/food/fuel/loved ones.  I don't really need to protect my stuff, having one of the sh**ttier houses in the neighborhood, with a big dog and my scary looking ass living there keeps me pretty safe from that.  Why rob the dirt ball's house when you have a little old lady with a big screen TV you can see from the street next door.

I want a Colt 1911 (in a .45 cal of course) and a semi-auto combat shotgun (I want a Benelli M4), but will probably settle for a P series Ruger of some flavor and a pump shot gun.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:37 AM »

Thank you Napoleon- you summed up my views well... If some one doesn't own a gun that is none of my business. I didn't post this to start a debate but to see if any one does own a gun so we can compare notes
I don't know why normally good posters thread sh**t, but you should probably expect it in a gun thread.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »

dead0man- I am not sure if I remember right but were you in the service?
Sort of, I was in the Air Force Wink

..and I'm still a contractor for them...well, for StratCom which isn't really an Air Force entity, it just has a lot of Airman working in it and is on an AFB.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:04:46 AM »

I don't know, the hardest part of basic was the home sickness and getting my underwear folded properly.  I hear they've changed since I went through (Jan 95), my "class"(Flight) was the last group to do our runs and exercises in formation, in our BDUs.  All the Flights that came in the next week and after got athletic gear and had to do a lot more work.  Not that running in formation was easy, everybody had to go the same speed, which worked out to everybody went the speed of the slowest guy...which was difficult for those of us with long legs.  In the years since they've added a couple of extra weeks and made it more "warrior" orientated.  Which is probably a good thing.

and on preview I see we have more thread sh**tters.  Always classy!  Are you going to go into the Star Trek thread and say something assholish about Trekkies next?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »

While I was still hunting the meat was always consumed and the hides usually tanned.

Okay, I wonder what the case is with the others.
I don't hunt, but I've known, literally dozens of them in my time and not a single one of them hunted "for the sport of it".  In fact, most of them go out of their way to share their sausages with you.  I know the sport hunter guy exist, but I'm guessing the vast majority of them give the meat away (often to places that get the meat to poor people who need it).  It's illegal to say, kill a deer and just leave it in the woods.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

We went almost 6 posts between thread sh**tters there, good job restraining yourself gun control nuts!  It must be hard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »

We went almost 6 posts between thread sh**tters there, good job restraining yourself gun control nuts!  It must be hard.

When did gun control come up?
What did your post have to do with "Gun Owners"?  It was a threadsh**ting and it's sad to see from regularly good posters.  I don't understand the need to come into a thread you KNOW doesn't concern you just to say "And I have literally zero interest in them."  It's stupid, it's trolling, it's a waste of everybody's time and it's bad forum etiquette.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies