Getting the wiki to date?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:43:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Getting the wiki to date?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting the wiki to date?  (Read 1812 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2012, 12:31:15 PM by Senator Scott »

Guys,

As I've mentioned in another thread, recently Dave gave me permission to edit the wiki articles.  So, for the past couple hours now, I've been updating and fixing some pages that have been in need of it.  I've basically been learning how to use the codes as I go along.

Most of the articles I have edited/created were Northeast and Liberal Party-related, but there are still many changes that need to be made.  But I was thinking, it would be great if updating the wiki could be a collaborative effort, so I just wanted to bring this to the spotlight. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »

When I was Attorney General for the first time, I had to update an entire statute page, which was neglected beyond any recognition.

Wiki updating is a very annoying, very consuming task, but we need people who are willing to do it. Kudos, Scott Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »

When I was Attorney General for the first time, I had to update an entire statute page, which was neglected beyond any recognition.

Wiki updating is a very annoying, very consuming task, but we need people who are willing to do it. Kudos, Scott Smiley

No problem.  I know several other people have worked hard on the wiki, but it's still fairly inactive today in that respect.  I just don't want this all to go to waste.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »

I also got access to the wiki yesterday, so once I have figured out how it works I will update a couple of pages in the next time. If I am elected Mideast Governor, it'll be my constitutional duty to update Mideast-related pages anyway. For those Atlasian regions who don't have such a law in place - this might actually be an idea to make your Governor do something while he's in office!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »

I also got access to the wiki yesterday, so once I have figured out how it works I will update a couple of pages in the next time. If I am elected Mideast Governor, it'll be my constitutional duty to update Mideast-related pages anyway. For those Atlasian regions who don't have such a law in place - this might actually be an idea to make your Governor do something while he's in office!

That's a great idea!
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »

I remember those days. For me it was mostly 2005 - 2006. Can't believe I've been on this forum for that long. Wow.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »

this will be a focal point of my First Five Week Plan.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »

I've been doing this for the IDS, but real life concerns have gotten in the way of it. Still, before I started, the region only had laws on the wiki through mid-2007 & a brief stretch of 2009.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »

Yeah, good luck.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 11:58:13 PM by Senator Scott »

One small thing everyone can do to help is maybe update their own individual pages and electoral histories?  I've done that for some people, but it would save a lot of work if everyone could chip in by doing that small task.  Than again, I'm still not sure if a lot of people would be up for this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »

I'm willing to help with this, especially if someone with more experience provides me with some direction.

Learning how to edit the pages itself isn't that difficult.  I learned just by copying and pasting templates from other pages and making slight adjustments to the codes so that I can create tables and stuff.  The hardest part will be gathering all the information from the boards and transferring it to the wiki.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »

I'm willing to help with this, especially if someone with more experience provides me with some direction.

Learning how to edit the pages itself isn't that difficult.  I learned just by copying and pasting templates from other pages and making slight adjustments to the codes so that I can create tables and stuff.  The hardest part will be gathering all the information from the boards and transferring it to the wiki.

The latter is where I'd need direction. Anyway, I'll have a bit of free time over the next week and I'd like to get started with this. Do I need to contact Dave for editing privileges?

Yes.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

Should I send him an email or PM his account?

Click on 'Email' at the top of the page, put in your information, and tell him that you'd like access.  I received access the very next day I emailed him, so you should too.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »

Obviously I don't have as much available time as before, and it's summer so I'll be out, but I am able to edit the wiki if I'm notified via PM.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »

Dave gave me access the next day too. However, I have heard stories of people who waited weeks to gain access. How long it takes you is up to fortune.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:31 AM »

I don't have a Wiki account, but I thought I'd try to compile some of the regional (IDS) election results as I try to catch up on history. I believe it's all correct; there may be some errors/needed updates in the party of the individual and the % of the vote; didn't count write-ins unless there were no formal candidates.

IDS August 2011 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT stood for re-election, facing no challengers. IDS Viceroy Ben Kenobi and Attorney General Brandon H did not seek re-election. Yelnoc and tb75 both sought the office of Attorney General and former Viceroy Taft4Prez sought to reclaim the position. Taft4Prez and tb75 won their respective races (sorry about the poor formatting.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)9100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez8100

Attorney General
PartyCandidate#%
RPPtb75 360
CIDYelnoc120
---Non-office holders120

IDS September 2011 Election

Pingvin99 and Kalwejt were both elected to the Legislature in the IDS September 2011 Election.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPingvin99125
JCPKalwejt375

IDS October 2011 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT and Viceroy Taft4Prez stood for re-election, facing no challengers.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)12100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez12100

IDS November 2011 Election

Incumbent Yelnoc stood for election as Legislator, facing no challengers.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
SPAYelnoc12100

IDS December 2011 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT and Viceroy Taft4Prez stood for re-election, facing no challengers.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)11100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez10100

IDS January 2012 Election

Yelnoc stood for re-election as Legislator, along with clarence, Teddy and Pingvin99 seeking seats. Utlimately, Yelnoc, clarence were elected in the first round and Teddy in the second round.

Round 1 – Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
RPPYelnoc545.5
RPPclarence327.3
NCP Teddy218.1
NCPPingvin9919.1

Round 2 – Legislature
Party   Candidate#%
RPPYelnoc327.3
RPPclarence327.2
NCPTeddy436.4
NCPPingvin9919.1

IDS February 2012 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT and Legislators MasterSanders and Taft4Prez stood for re-election, facing no challengers.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
IBPiT (The Physicist)12100

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
IBTaft4Prez2100
IBMasterSanders3100

IDS March 2012 Election

Incumbent Legislator Yelnoc stood for re-election and was elected to another term. Write-in candidates Pingvin99 and MasterSanders also won seats to the Legislature.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
IBYelnoc6100
WhigPingvin99 2100
IBMasterSanders 1100

IDS April 2012 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT stood for re-election, facing no challengers. There were no formal candidates for IDS Legislature in this election.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
IBPiT (The Physicist)6100
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:37 AM »

I don't have a Wiki account, but I thought I'd try to compile some of the regional (IDS) election results as I try to catch up on history. I believe it's all correct; there may be some errors/needed updates in the party of the individual and the % of the vote; didn't count write-ins unless there were no formal candidates.

IDS August 2011 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT stood for re-election, facing no challengers. IDS Viceroy Ben Kenobi and Attorney General Brandon H did not seek re-election. Yelnoc and tb75 both sought the office of Attorney General and former Viceroy Taft4Prez sought to reclaim the position. Taft4Prez and tb75 won their respective races (sorry about the poor formatting.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)9100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez8100

Attorney General
PartyCandidate#%
RPPtb75 360
CIDYelnoc120
---Non-office holders120

IDS September 2011 Election

Pingvin99 and Kalwejt were both elected to the Legislature in the IDS September 2011 Election.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPingvin99125
JCPKalwejt375

IDS October 2011 Election

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)12100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez12100

IDS November 2011 Election

Incumbent Yelnoc stood for election as Legislator, facing no challengers.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
SPAYelnoc12100

IDS December 2011 Election

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
RPPPiT (The Physicist)11100

Viceroy
PartyCandidate#%
RPPTaft4Prez10100

IDS January 2012 Election

Yelnoc stood for re-election as Legislator, along with clarence, Teddy and Pingvin99 seeking seats. Utlimately, Yelnoc, clarence were elected in the first round and Teddy in the second round.

Round 1 – Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
RPPYelnoc545.5
RPPclarence327.3
NCP Teddy218.1
NCPPingvin9919.1

Round 2 – Legislature
Party   Candidate#%
RPPYelnoc327.3
RPPclarence327.2
NCPTeddy436.4
NCPPingvin9919.1

IDS February 2012 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT and Legislators MasterSanders and Taft4Prez stood for re-election, facing no challengers.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
IBPiT (The Physicist)12100

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
IBTaft4Prez2100
IBMasterSanders3100

IDS March 2012 Election

Incumbent Legislator Yelnoc stood for re-election and was elected to another term. Write-in candidates Pingvin99 and MasterSanders also won seats to the Legislature.

Legislature
PartyCandidate#%
IBYelnoc6100
WhigPingvin99 2100
IBMasterSanders 1100

IDS April 2012 Election

Incumbent Emperor PiT stood for re-election, facing no challengers. There were no formal candidates for IDS Legislature in this election.

Emperor
PartyCandidate#%
IBPiT (The Physicist)6100

Thanks for these.  I'll add them to the wiki later today. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies