PPP-2016: Hillary Clinton vs. Chris Christie is the matchup (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP-2016: Hillary Clinton vs. Chris Christie is the matchup (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP-2016: Hillary Clinton vs. Chris Christie is the matchup  (Read 12689 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: April 17, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

I'm only 20, so it's not like I have much of a political history... but I pretty much became a Republican sympathizer after Hillary lost the 2008 primaries. I always considered myself an independent, so I looked for who I thought would be the strongest leader. To me, Hillary was prepared, strong, and unapologetic. I knew exactly what an Obama presidency would look like if he managed to beat HRC, and I was spot-on.

Since Hillary's '08 loss, I've been pretty firmly Republican--I guess the talking points have stuck, because I wouldn't really call myself an independent anymore. What's more, I don't know if Hillary would've been my top choice if I could go back and start over. I really was a Hillary nut--she got me into politics. But I kind of regret that I supported McCain by default. After learning more, I really think he could have been a great president.

Moving on though, if Hillary was on the ballot in 2016... I would have to make a pretty heart-wrenching decision. I could support her. I could also support Bush or Christie. It would be tough, and I don't think I'd be as passionate for any one candidate as I was in 2008 and 2012 (Clinton and Romney, respectively). If Clinton wasn't the Democratic nominee though, it would be easy.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »

It depends what you believe.

Either she's legitimately tired (and tired of politics) and that's why she'll step down as SecState after January... OR she wants to disassociate herself from another term of Obama so she has a chance in 2016.

I'm not sure what I believe. Both seem totally viable. Hopefully she nails down a signature haircut before then. This experimentation has been disappointing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies