Politico: Allen West a likely presidential candidate in 2016 or 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:53:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Allen West a likely presidential candidate in 2016 or 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Allen West a likely presidential candidate in 2016 or 2020?  (Read 5322 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 18, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »

Why do people want Allen West to be president? Has he done anything other than make inflammatory remarks?
Provided exceptional service to his nation in combat and takes the mentality of a platoon commander to the halls of Congress

The problem is that the mentality of a platoon commander is occasionally a little, shall we say, off by virtue of how insanely stressful it is.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »

Why do people want Allen West to be president? Has he done anything other than make inflammatory remarks?
Provided exceptional service to his nation in combat and takes the mentality of a platoon commander to the halls of Congress

The problem is that the mentality of a platoon commander is occasionally a little, shall we say, off by virtue of how insanely stressful it is.
Right- because the job of President of the United States is such a breeze...

Well...I mean, it often leads to legitimate and quite severe mental illnesses. It's stressful in a different way, I'd think. The mentality of flag officers strikes me as more suited to high-level political work (though if a platoon commander were to rise to flag rank that would certainly be very impressive indeed and a great background that I should hope most anybody could appreciate).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies