What's the highest blood alcohol content you've ever hit? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:28:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's the highest blood alcohol content you've ever hit? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the highest blood alcohol content you've ever hit?  (Read 10037 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:34:04 AM »

ppt is the english version of what you call "promille" but that unit (parts per thousand) is used more for analyses of air quality than for blood alcohol content.  For blood alcohol we use percent.  

Mine has only been measured twice.  Both times I was was way drunk, and I'm sure my alcohol content far exceeded the 1.0% legal limit, but both times the officer didn't have the portable unit in the back of his car, so I had a ~15 minute ride, cuffed, in the back seat of the squad car to hyperventilate profusely.  Both times I was able to pull of a measurement of around 0.6% or something like that.  Low enough so that I didn't have to get a drunk driving ticket, which I understand is very, very expensive.  Once the officer made notes of the fact that I was hyperventilating profusely and the local prosecuting attorney decided to make a stink about it.  I had to hire an attorney to get me out of it, but it was still far cheaper than a drunk driving conviction would have been.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »

What normal person measures that? Stop being such a degenerate.

Normal people don't, law enforcement officers do.  Normal people have only one job:  do whatever it takes to keep your exhaust gas as non-volatile as possible in the brief time you have between being stopped for drunk driving and the time they actually administer the breath analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies