McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker."  (Read 3813 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: April 23, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »

Well, he'll have to work with a Democratic legislature, so he couldn't implement Walker-style policies as Governor even if he tried.

Chis Christie did.  Political patterns can change when a crisis happens... like when the state is a financial basket case.  Tax hikes, bond rating downgrades, and cuts in services combine to awaken a few voters. 

Walker froze (and cut) taxes, raised the financial rating (balanced a train wreck budget, and improved business climate), and didn't cut any services (some are improved). 

This McKenna guy might just be talking about a perception of Walker, but if he isn't the real Scott Walker than what is he?  Irresponsible?   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 02:22:41 PM by AmericanNation »

Sounds a lot like Scott Walker before Scott Walker got elected.

Scott Walker is perhaps the most honest and strait-forward office holder I've come across (and I'm a historian).  

It was interesting how the people who didn't pay attention (to him for the 10 years he ran Milwaukee County) thought he wouldn't follow through on what he was saying in the campaign.  I had to say countless times:

"Listen, you don't know him.  I've been watching him for over a decade.  When he says he is going to do something, he does it."  

NOW, I hear this crap more often about how he didn't say the things (that he said) before he was elected.  Lefty bias has this defect in that you can't believe it is popular to not be a lefty.        
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »

Scott Walker is perhaps the most honest and strait-forward office holder I've come across (and I'm an historian).

HAHAHAHA

Another example of a favorite quote of mine:
"If you want to fool the world tell the truth."

Walker is a boy scout, preacher's son... Shocking that he might actually be extremely honest and strait-forward.  Shocked!, Shocked! to find an honest man in politics.     
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies