Does Gingrich have a third hilarious collapse up his sleeve?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:39:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Gingrich have a third hilarious collapse up his sleeve?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Gingrich have a third hilarious collapse up his sleeve?  (Read 1533 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »

I bet he does.  Maybe a miraculous rebound in South Carolina, followed by dropping out of the race two weeks later?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »

Can you feel it coming?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »

Now that you say it, yes I think he does.  A squeaker in South Carolina, allowing him to bounce into Florida into a close second, but then lose all momentum in February.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »

I would not expect even a close second place loss in SC to translate into a win in Fl for Gingrich.  second in SC will not erase coming in fourth in IA and 5th in NH.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »

December 30!  I am good.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:55 AM »

End of 2011, when Romney with help from Paul had destroyed Newt's double digit lead nationally and in Iowa and he was sunk and sinking further en route to 4th place in Iowa, the month of his flavor over, I, as you see, predicted he had still another miraculous rebound in him and yet another hilarious collapse.

I bet he does.  Maybe a miraculous rebound in South Carolina, followed by dropping out of the race two weeks later?

I think I'm so good at this game that even when I'm wrong, I'm even more right.  I sensed the third collapse would be hilarious but incorrectly guessed Newt might drop out 2 weeks after his miracle comeback in South Carolina.  But I now see the hilarious part: shocking win in South Carolina, followed 2 weeks later by a fumble in Florida that ended any chance he had at the nomination, but instead of dropping out like someone with connection to reality would have, Newt sticks around for months longer than he should have.  This is still the third collapse going on, slow-motion, glorious, hilarious and Newty. 
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »

Actually it's even better then that!... he got a fourth rebound after Santorum's under-performance in Michigan and Super Tuesday, but it only manifested as a victory in Georgia and narrow losses in Mississipi/Alabama... so now he's set for a fourth hilarious collapse.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/20/group-wasteful-of-taxpayer-for-gingrich-to-keep-secret-service-protection/

I want some credit for recognizing the Gingrich campaign had more laughter to give.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »

Who?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »

That troll still having Secret Service protection is a great example of the Obama Administration's wasteful ways.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »

That troll still having Secret Service protection is a great example of the Obama Administration's wasteful ways.

Obama is not determining Secret Service procedures for presidential candidates protection.

What next? Are you going to blame your phimosis on Obama administration as well?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2012, 05:02:55 PM by Politico »

Obama is not determining Secret Service procedures for presidential candidates protection.

What next? Are you going to blame your phimosis on Obama administration as well?

The Secret Service is a part of the executive branch of the federal government, and therefore is under the leadership of the Obama Administration. One of Obama's Cabinet members is responsible for the actions of the Secret Service (I believe they are a part of the Treasury Department, right? Or maybe Homeland Security now...).

Believe it or not, even amidst the layers of bureaucracy no matter how large it may be, the buck stops somewhere. Maybe nobody is responsible for anything in France, which may be why the Nazis took over Paris so easily (I am not a historian, so you'll have to excuse me for throwing out a harmless hypothesis), but things are different in America.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

The Secret Service is a part of the executive branch of the federal government, and therefore is under the leadership of the Obama Administration. One of Obama's Cabinet members is responsible for the actions of the Secret Service (I believe they are a part of the Treasury Department, right? Or maybe Homeland Security now...).

Believe it or not, even amidst the layers of bureaucracy no matter how large it may be, the buck stops somewhere. Maybe nobody is responsible for anything in France, which may be why the Nazis took over Paris so easily (I am not a historian, so you'll have to excuse me for throwing out a harmless hypothesis), but things are different in America.

Sure... all Obama need to do is to pick up his phone, call the Secret Service's director and tell him: "hey, dude, call off Gingrich's detail".

And then Politico would bitch how bad and imperial Barack Obama is, for he dared to interfere with the Secret Service's work. Surely, Mitt Romney would never do such an evil thing.

Also, since history doesn't seem to be your strong suit, I advise to read some sources (preferably Mémoires de Guerre), before making more idiotic comparisions.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »

Sure... all Obama need to do is to pick up his phone, call the Secret Service's director and tell him: "hey, dude, call off Gingrich's detail".

And then Politico would bitch how bad and imperial Barack Obama is, for he dared to interfere with the Secret Service's work. Surely, Mitt Romney would never do such an evil thing.

Also, since history doesn't seem to be your strong suit, I advise to read some sources (preferably Mémoires de Guerre), before making more idiotic comparisions.

The Cabinet member that oversees the department that the SS reports to, whether it's Homeland Security or the Treasury, should have delegates who realize that it is a waste of resources to continue giving Gingrich SS protection.

Obama is not responsible for everything, but he is responsible for delegating responsibilities to people who clearly know how to subsequently delegate properly themselves. Otherwise, you get waste and poor results. It's simple management, not rocket science.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »

Actually, it is not entirely up to the Secretary of Homeland Security which candidates get the protective detail.  By law (18 USC 3056), the Speaker, the Senate majority leader, the House and Senate minority leaders, and a fifth person named by the four Congressional leaders form an advisory committee to help the secretary determine which persons are considered major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates.

So until Janet can get the committee to sign off on it, she can't yank Newt's detail even if she wants to.  Of course, Newt could decline the protection.

Incidentally, July 9 is when Ann Romney and possibly another spouse as well will get Secret Service details of their own.  That level of protection does not kick in until 120 days before the general election.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 08:44:53 PM »

Saturday Night Live GOP Debate:

"So... Newt Gingrich, Do you really want to be President?"

" =)... No!"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length