Why 2012 is different to 2004 (and why that could mean a Romney win) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:59:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why 2012 is different to 2004 (and why that could mean a Romney win) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why 2012 is different to 2004 (and why that could mean a Romney win)  (Read 4942 times)
Earthling
Netherlands

« on: April 21, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »

Boys, it's just Politico. He is just as annoying now as he was before his apology for being such a jerk a couple of weeks ago.

Ignore him, maybe he will leave when nobody reacts to his remarks anymore.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

A couple of weeks ago you apologized for being such a Romney hack. You said yourself that you were trolling around but that you were finished now.

And now you are doing the same thing again. That is annoying because it shows how much your words are worth.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »

A couple of weeks ago you apologized for being such a Romney hack. You said yourself that you were trolling around but that you were finished now.

And now you are doing the same thing again. That is annoying because it shows how much your words are worth.

I do not believe I am being hackish right now. I am not attacking Obama in the way that I attacked Santorum and Gingrich, in particular, back when I was being undeniably hackish.

Believe it or not, I fully support Romney and believe in his message of economic freedom. I strongly believe it is in America's best interests for Romney to become the 45th POTUS.

So, you are really serious when you blame Obama for the behaviour of the Secret Service agents in Colombia?
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »

Right, sorry, that was Winfield.

But every candidate has the right to ask for Secret Service protection. And there was a moment in the campaign that Gingrich was leading so it's not totally weird for him to get that protection.

Using that as a sample of the waste within the Obama government is just nonsense.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »

As for as I know it's law. After the murder of RFK every candidate has the right to have Secret Service protection when it's needed.

You might have dismissed Gingrich, but he was leading in the polls for a while. So he was a serious contender at the time.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »

As for as I know it's law. After the murder of RFK every candidate has the right to have Secret Service protection when it's needed.

Actually, RFK had SS protection, I believe. If memory serves, RFK did not follow the SS's proposed route for leaving the hotel. Or perhaps I am confusing the SS with his private security and/or local law enforcement.

I believe you can only get SS protection if there are credible death threats and/or you are a serious candidate who can win the presidency, either as an independent or one of the prospects for the nomination of a major party. Gingrich has not met this criteria in months. Any other administration would no longer be wasting resources like this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And Romney is the presumptive nominee, but nobody in the Obama Administration knows how to properly handle resources, so nobody realizes it's probably prudent to pull the plug on Gingrich's SS protection. I am not arguing Gingrich should have never received SS protection. Obviously he was a serious candidate at one time who deserved the protection. I am arguing the SS protection should have been dropped quite a few weeks ago.

As far as I know, RFK didn't have SS protection because he didn't qualify for it. He had local law enforcement protection but that is not the same off course.

As for Gingrich, it's not like Obama decides who gets protection or not. There are probably guidelines to follow and I presume those guidelines where followed. So it's nonsense to blame Obama for this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies