Would it be problematic for Republicans to elect Jeb Bush in 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:09:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would it be problematic for Republicans to elect Jeb Bush in 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would it be problematic for Republicans to elect Jeb Bush in 2016?
Yes

No

Kinda

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Would it be problematic for Republicans to elect Jeb Bush in 2016?  (Read 570 times)
Jacobtm

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
« edited: April 18, 2012, 11:50:50 AM by Jacobtm »

Since Reagan, Republicans have not had any luck getting someone in the White House who wasn't named Bush.

This time around, R-Money is obviously going to fail. And there are already rumblings about Jeb Bush.

Would you find it troubling, from a dynastic perspective, if Jeb Bush was chosen by Republicans in 2016? Does it seem a little bit much to have this one family in such a position of power?

We just narrowly avoided Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton, I would hate to see Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Bush
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »

This doesn't seem to bother Republicans since Jeb Bush makes many of them seriously wet for some inexplicable reason, but I would certainly hope it would bother most other people.
Jacobtm

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »

This doesn't seem to bother Republicans since Jeb Bush makes many of them seriously wet for some inexplicable reason, but I would certainly hope it would bother most other people.

I think they just love the idea of soft monarchy really. Anything that reduces voter participation, they're for it. Anything that helps privileged people, they're for it.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »

I don't like it. Especially when it occurs in such a brief timespan.

Though I don't think Jeb Bush harbors any serious Presidential ambitions, and I don't think he'll run 2016. If he did, then I don't understand why he hasn't done more to stay relevant.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »

Logic suggests that it would not be problematic if Jeb Bush got the most electoral votes.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »

Some of our rightists remain unaware that value judgments and cultural phenomena other than legalism exist, film at eleven.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »

Some of our rightists remain unaware that value judgments and cultural phenomena other than legalism exist, film at eleven.

Arrogant liberal thinks he knows what's best for everyone and can determine society's value judgments and cultural phenomena even though society and culture decided otherwise.

Film at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9:30. Matinee pricing before 5.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 06:46:53 PM by Nathan »

Arrogant liberal thinks he knows what's best for everyone and can determine society's value judgments and cultural phenomena even though society and culture decided otherwise.

Film at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9:30. Matinee pricing before 5.

When did society and culture decide otherwise on this issue? The Bush family does not in fact de-facto dynastically rule America or the Republican Party.

You are of course not answering the point that the question was 'would it be problematic?', not 'would it be illegal?', but you're just going to マイペースする your merry way through life regardless of what anybody else says anyway.

I'm not a 'liberal', and I most certainly do know better than vast segments of the population of this benighted world.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

No, or at least not anymore than any other Republican.  Would they lose the Congress (if they held it) if he won.  Probably.  Just like Obama, Bush, and Clinton.  But I doubt he'd be elected anyway.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »

No, of course not, because America hungers for a third president from that talented family... As Jon Stewart put it, "The Bush presidential trilogy must be completed, with the Return of the Jebi."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies