Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:16:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness.  (Read 3281 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:08 AM »

I didn't know God ever ruled Afghanistan. Can't say his results are impressive, though.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah, that makes hardly any more sense.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »

All I know is that if you call Pol Pot a communist, the thought police usual suspects will come along and yell at you.  Anyway....

Just like you would yell at me if I called Hitler a capitalist.
Center-right. To the right of the "System" parties, to the left of the main right wing opposition the DNVP. Kiss (No seriously. Turn off your memories of what happened after '33, much of which would have also happened under a purely hypothetical genuinely popular DNVP government anyways. Hitler had greater crossover appeal than the DNVP because his program is basically the same minus those bits that both were extreme right and didn't sell. And not surprisingly, his election base in 32/3 was virtually identical to Hindenburg's in 25.  It's a statistical fact. It's a really unusually high correlation, .89 IIRC.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »

I know, I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is for dead0man to claim Pol Pot represents communism given that what he did completely contradicts Marxist theory.
Oh, it seemed to me you were considering it at least somewhat reasonable but not done.
(As to my own views on Marxist theory, see signature.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »

duh effing duh
lolno
lolno
Ah, that's a slightly more interesting question. There is a strain of German right-wing protest rhetoric that the Nazis also heavily used but that predates them that can read "anticapitalistic" to the modern reader with its attacks on big businesses... but is all about saving oldtimey self-employed businessmen from ruin, not about dependent workers at all. As well as deeply suffused with antisemitism ("banks" and esp. "huge stores" being understood to be Jews.)
Is the "trustbusting" rhetoric of America's Progressive Era (which has some similarities, in tone as well as an essentially Conservative impetus) non-capitalist? The answer is no, of course - it's about reforming certain excesses within a Capitalist system, not about ending it. (Which, btw, is an a bit ridiculous notion anyways, and can lead you to Pol Pot pretty quickly.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies