Wikipedia finally acknowledges the inevitable
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Wikipedia finally acknowledges the inevitable
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wikipedia finally acknowledges the inevitable  (Read 4972 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »

What does Christie have that the conservatives love?!

He's a douchebag, which conservatives adore.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

What does Christie have that the conservatives love?!
He has the balls to say what a lot of us are thinking but are too polite to say.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »

Arizona only exists because of the Civil War.  It was the Confederacy's claim to the New Mexico Territory.  It's a Southern state.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »

Pssh, if that was a requirement, then I should be a star too. What exactly has he said that we're all thinking?!
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »

Pssh, if that was a requirement, then I should be a star too. What exactly has he said that we're all thinking?!
Us meaning conservatives. I like the way he responds to hecklers myself.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »

If Romney indeed picks Christie as his VP then this will be the first time we'd have two all-northern tickets since 1920.

Does 1940 count?

Oops! You're right. I forgot that FDR dumped Garner for Wallace.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »

If Romney indeed picks Christie as his VP then this will be the first time we'd have two all-northern tickets since 1920.

Does 1940 count?

Oops! You're right. I forgot that FDR dumped Garner for Wallace.
Landslide Lyndon- you continue to show us all your ignorance of American politics... Wallace was from Iowa and served as Secretary of Agriculture. The Midwest and the North are not the same region... even though Crete and and Athens may be equally up to their eyeballs in debt I am sure you also make distinctions for different parts of your "nation"
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »

Hhmm, Clarence, you always seems to be nice and likeable guy, but this is uncalled for.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »

Thank you Earthling- when Landslide Lyndon shows respect t my country and those of us who fought for her I will show respect to his
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »

Just because he feels different about Allen West than you do, for example?

In truth, so do I. Allen West did things he should not be proud of. I have nothing against soldiers and veterans and I believe that America should treat it's veterans far better, but there are always people in the military who do things that are horrible and despicable. There is nothing wrong with saying that, they are not the real heroes.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »

Yeah, Al was correct about Clarence.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

In truth, so do I. Allen West did things he should not be proud of. I have nothing against soldiers and veterans and I believe that America should treat it's veterans far better, but there are always people in the military who do things that are horrible and despicable. There is nothing wrong with saying that, they are not the real heroes.

His opinion about Allen West does not matter to me- and even his accusing West of war crimes was wrong but was at least based on some fact... his comparison of what happened to West's prisoner to what happened to John McCain is incredibly inaccurate and offensive...another poster kindly pointed out the difference to Landslide Lyndon
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »

Well, okay. But torture is torture, at the end. John McCain is against torture by the United States, and he knows what it's like. What happenend to McCain is far worse than what West may have done. But ultimately, both are really, really wrong and despicable.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »

Earthling you seem like a perfectly reasonable and kind guy... I don't want to get into this with you but I do appreciate you trying to find common ground. There ar esome topics which happen to strike a nasty chord with me and with the McCain comment, Landslide Lyndon struck a few

If I sound harsh here towards Landslde Lyndon- I apologize to the rest of you
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 07:02:22 PM »

Thank you.

But I believe it's not necessary to attack Landslide Lyndon in a topic like this one, just because he said something about John McCain that you, and I, disagree with.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »

Landslide Lyndon- you continue to show us all your ignorance of American politics... Wallace was from Iowa and served as Secretary of Agriculture. The Midwest and the North are not the same region... even though Crete and and Athens may be equally up to their eyeballs in debt I am sure you also make distinctions for different parts of your "nation"

The over 50 regiments in blue that Iowa raised during the Civil War would likely dispute that Iowa is not part of the North.  The Midwest most certainly is part of the North.  It's not part of the Northeast, but the Northeast is not the whole of the North, anymore than the Deep South is the whole South.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

I feel like vandalizing that page by inserting "Master Chief" under the running mate section of Mitt Romney. Too bad they took everything off because everyone has been putting things like "Chris Christie", "Justin Bieber", "Darth Vader", "Lil' Wayne", etc. as Romney's running mate.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »

I think the most basic division of the United States is into North, South, and West. Defining everything non-Southern as Northern is as ridiculous as defining anything non-Northern as Southern; the Plains are a pretty stark natural division of the continent.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »

A perfect ticket if that is what Romney decides.

The only state to the north and east of the Potomac that Christie could help in is New Hampshire. The other such states lean enough D that the Favorite Son effect for President (let alone Vice-President) could not swing. Christie does nothing to help Romney in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, or Virginia.

Christie is clearly a better choice than several other R Governors unpopular in their states (Kasich, Scott, Walker, Snyder, LePage)... 

In the 2012 election the choice of a VP could be "damned if you do, damned if you don't" .

There may be no perfect ticket for facing President Obama. .     
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »

A perfect ticket if that is what Romney decides.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

Earthling you seem like a perfectly reasonable and kind guy... I don't want to get into this with you but I do appreciate you trying to find common ground. There ar esome topics which happen to strike a nasty chord with me and with the McCain comment, Landslide Lyndon struck a few

If I sound harsh here towards Landslde Lyndon- I apologize to the rest of you

Just hit the Ignore button. I didn't like his McCain comment either; I found it disrespectful and ridiculous, but you can just Ignore the guy and you won't have to listen to (or read) what he says, and the rest of us will correct him if he does something like that McCain comment again.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies