Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 07:56:54 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  4/20 plans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: 4/20 plans  (Read 4003 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 03:39:59 pm »
Ignore

Why do people celebrate Hitler's birthday by smoking pot, again?  I never got that.

Irony.

TBH, I don't think Adolf would've had many objections to pot (outside of not liking smoking in general).  Nazis weren't prudes.

I'm kidding. I don't think it has anything to do with Hitler's birthday.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
Ignore

I hope you're going to be consistent with your anti-drug stance by not drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco either.

Correct; I abhor all those activities.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012, 03:51:44 pm »
Ignore

Where is the prudery? Some - no, most - people simply don't want to smoke. It's "self righteous" when we look down on people that do but it's ok if the non-smokers are mocked for not "allowing themselves to get high?" And we have to explain to you why we don't want to get high? So my values have to meet yours or at least be explained because they're so "strange?" And I'm self righteous? Please.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012, 03:53:51 pm »
Ignore

I hope you're going to be consistent with your anti-drug stance by not drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco either.

At this juncture, perhaps I'll smoke a pipe and drink when older.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:48 pm »
Ignore

I'm not planning on it.  I can't stand the smell of either tobacco or alcohol.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:02 pm »
Ignore

I'm not planning on it.  I can't stand the smell of either tobacco or alcohol.

I applaud you. Perhaps I'll hate both.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:23 pm »
Ignore

Where is the prudery? Some - no, most - people simply don't want to smoke. It's "self righteous" when we look down on people that do but it's ok if the non-smokers are mocked for not "allowing themselves to get high?" And we have to explain to you why we don't want to get high? So my values have to meet yours or at least be explained because they're so "strange?" And I'm self righteous? Please.

No, we just don't need lectures about what we choose to do with our lives. If you don't smoke, good for you. Makes no difference to me.

But then again, you vote Santorum so I suppose other people's personal lives are a matter of great importance for you.

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »
Ignore

No one asked for an explanation, I just find your values to be odd and perhaps misplaced. What is the value in not experiencing marijuana? How is there any intrinsic or extrinsic value in that? (rhetorical questions, don't bother answering them please)

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:59 pm »
Ignore

Wait, wait, wait- somehow I'm morally superior because I prefer not to waste my time being stupid and getting high/drunk?  Thanks for the info.

For the record, it doesn't matter that I'm not in college or "of age" yet.  I don't smoke weed and I don't plan on smoking weed because that is my personal decision not to.  I don't judge and I honestly don't care what other people do because I am not part of the "in-crowd."
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 04:07:33 pm »
Ignore

Because they're bourgeois enough to fit your constructed personality, perhaps? Tongue

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »
Ignore

Wait, wait, wait- somehow I'm morally superior because I prefer not to waste my time being stupid and getting high/drunk?  Thanks for the info.

For the record, it doesn't matter that I'm not in college or "of age" yet.  I don't smoke weed and I don't plan on smoking weed because that is my personal decision not to.  I don't judge and I honestly don't care what other people do because I am not part of the "in-crowd."

Posting on the Atlas forum sober is somehow a more preferable and productive time than posting on the Atlas forum under the influence? I don't get it. Most time isn't utilized in a productive manner. It sounds like you don't want to smoke because you want to separate yourself from others who you view as being in the in-crowd.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:31 pm »
Ignore

Because they're bourgeois enough to fit your constructed personality, perhaps? Tongue

I happen to think pipe-smoking looks marvelous, so I suppose.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:01 pm »
Ignore

That and the self-righteousness and moral outrage from non-smokers is incredibly annoying.

Yes, that and the fact that they seem to believe it is a big deal one way or the other.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2012, 04:17:28 pm »
Ignore

Posting on the Atlas forum sober is somehow a more preferable and productive time than posting on the Atlas forum under the influence? I don't get it. Most time isn't utilized in a productive manner. It sounds like you don't want to smoke because you want to separate yourself from others who you view as being in the in-crowd.

I already said, the reason why I don't want to get high is that it does not seem like a very fulfilling activity to me- in other words, it isn't my taste.  If someone else wants to get high, I leave them be instead of telling them why they shouldn't.  But I find many of the presumptions being made on this thread rather insulting; typical high school-like peer pressure.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2012, 04:21:40 pm »
Ignore

I just met T-PAW, if that means anything. Pics coming next week Wink

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Ignore

I presume your T-Paw is different from our T-Paw.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »
Ignore

It was Tim Pawlenty, if thats your question Wink

He looks younger and is a better speaker in person. Very nice guy, and Adam Hasner introduced me to him and sent some undeserved compliments my way. I also saw my counties GOP chair...I finally understand what the "phonys" in the Catcher in the Rye are.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »
Ignore

He looks younger and is a better speaker in person. Very nice guy, and Adam Hasner introduced me to him and sent some undeserved compliments my way. I also saw my counties GOP chair...I finally understand what the "phonys" in the Catcher in the Rye are.

Now don't go shooting the phonies up. Glad you got to meet him-especially in person!

But what does this have to do with marijuana?

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »
Ignore

Now don't go shooting the phonies up. Glad you got to meet him-especially in person!

But what does this have to do with marijuana?

angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »
Ignore

I was curious so I googled jenkem.  I wish I hadn't. 

Got 'em.

Why wouldn't you want to experience getting high, at least once? I can understand not wanting to use frequently but not wanting to experience the feeling at all? That's a strange sentiment to me.

Ain't no way I'm sucking the stank, not even for a buzz.  I respect every little Ugandans right to do it, but it's just not for me. 
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:34 pm »
Ignore

I did not partake this year, but I did manage to get my hands on some purple carrots.  Scrumptious!

A tidal wave of healthcare has swept across coal country. 
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:45 pm »
Ignore

I know this is not the meaning of "4/20", but the only thing I think of for 4/20/12 is the 13th anniversary of the Columbine School Shootings.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2012, 08:12:00 am »
Ignore

No, we just don't need lectures about what we choose to do with our lives. If you don't smoke, good for you. Makes no difference to me.

But then again, you vote Santorum so I suppose other people's personal lives are a matter of great importance for you.

...and if you actually bothered to read some of the posts here and my response, you'll see that non-smokers are getting something like a lecture on how we ought to get high or at least explain our "strange" feelings against it. That is telling me what to do with my life but I know it's easier to avoid that so you can make a predictable but seriously reaching Santorum comment.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51:35 am »
Ignore

...and if you actually bothered to read some of the posts here and my response, you'll see that non-smokers are getting something like a lecture on how we ought to get high or at least explain our "strange" feelings against it. That is telling me what to do with my life but I know it's easier to avoid that so you can make a predictable but seriously reaching Santorum comment.

No-one is telling you to get high if you don't want to. Unlike the people you support, we respect yr. right to choose. Just don't come into this thread and act morally superior to us.

angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:14 am »
Ignore

We made it.  Despite the lack of Lebensraum in the two-man tent, the boy slept comfortably through the night.

I guess we'll have to go on a real camping trip now, when the weather gets a little warmer.  (And by real camping I mean in the back yard, of course.)

What shall we do to celebrate April 21?  Maybe taking the tent outside to sleep with the wolves, like Romulus and Remus, might be appropriate.  Bit cold for me, though.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout