JLT's House Predication Thread, 2012: Redistricting Apocalypse Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  JLT's House Predication Thread, 2012: Redistricting Apocalypse Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JLT's House Predication Thread, 2012: Redistricting Apocalypse Edition  (Read 5527 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:25 AM »
« edited: April 22, 2012, 11:17:36 AM by blood red X's for every 24 hours ive suffered through »

I'm curious why most people think Cravaack is a tossup, since the district didn't change much, it hasn't voted for any other Republicans since 1994 at least (and I don't mean for House, I mean for any office), Mitt Romney is an even worse candidate for it than McCain, and he hasn't done anything to endear himself to the area more. Unless they think the rather competitive DFL primary might cause some trouble.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »

That's not taking into account the polarization of the district, or that Cravaack has not exactly behaved as a "reasonably competent" incumbent.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »

Also, Cravaack is from the complete wrong end of the district and declined to open an office in Duluth until late in the game.

That's primarily what I was referring to in regards to him not being a "reasonably competent" incumbent, in addition to him voting the party line agenda. It's tough to imagine many Obama/Cravaack voters unless they're just people really pissed at the DFL candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »

I suppose the big question is can he get almost 40% in St. Louis County again when Romney might be struggling to break 30%.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »

Something else to think of, the Duluth media market goes into Wisconsin, so they probably got a lot of coverage of Scott Walker's union battles. That's not exactly going to make most people in the area willing to vote for any Republican, nor is the MN GOP's failed attempt to push a right to work vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies