Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 02:57:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Charles Darwin)
| | |-+  France 2012: Official Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 34408 times)
Charles Darwin
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2012, 03:31:06 pm »

Guys, I've often said that Corsican nationalists can tend to vote for the FN in presidential elections. I've been proven correct again.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »
Ignore

Guys, I've often said that Corsican nationalists can tend to vote for the FN in presidential elections. I've been proven correct again.

I'm interested in why. Is it just that the movement has racist elements/tendencies?

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Andrea
Italy
View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »
Ignore

What sort of place is Tremarget in Cotes-d'Armor, I ask because it seems that Joly has won it.

124 people voted there. It's 1) Joly 2) Melenchon 3) Hollande

I think it's this place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-qAE0VUaP8
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:49 pm »
Ignore

I'm interested in why. Is it just that the movement has racist elements/tendencies?

It's difficult to be a nationalist and not hate someone. Only have to look to the SNP and their Anglophobia.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
Ignore

Consider that in Italy the Alleanza Nazionale and Lega Nord were in the same coalition once. They basically decided that they had common ground in that both hated immigrants. Might be similar here.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2012, 03:37:14 pm »
Ignore

CSA being reported on BFM as 56-44.

Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »
Ignore

Corsu seems to have a north-south divide, with any appreciable support for Hollande petering out once you hit the area just north of Bastelica, which along with a few bits of Tyrrhenian coastline is also Panzergirl's main base on the island. Interesting.

(Sorry about this fixation, I have Corsican ancestry.)

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
Ignore

41-21-13 in Correze! Smiley

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »
Ignore

Correze is 42% for Hollande, 22% for Poison Dwarf, 13% for Panzergirl and 10% for the Fellow Traveler.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2012, 03:45:34 pm »
Ignore

Big block of pink filling in from the Loire to the Spanish border.

Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:26 pm »
Ignore

So, looks like Miklos Horthy, Jr. is going to be the first incumbent President who failed to take the first place in first round.

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2012, 03:48:13 pm »
Ignore

Overall, it candidates running on anti-neoliberal platforms look to take about a third of the vote. And this is before the austerity thrashing Germany is about to deliver France in the next few years. After that, we'll have a real competition. Unthinkable five years ago. Unthinkable.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:08 pm »
Ignore

56.5% in (via google, source: Ministry of Interior)

Hollande
30.1%

Sarkozy
25.7%

Le Pen
17.6%

Mélenchon
11.0%

Bayrou
9.4%

Joly
2.1%

Dupont-Aignan
1.9%

Poutou
1.3%

Arthaud
0.6%

Cheminade
0.3%

Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
Ignore

Hollande is massively outperforming Royal in Auvergne and Burgundy especially so far, it looks like.

ETA: He's carried every département in Auvergne, also in Limousin (obviously) and Brittany and on track in Aquitaine and possibly Midi-Pyrénées and Poitou-Charentes.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:53:42 pm by Nathan »Logged

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
Ignore

Bizarre to that even a year ago DSK was definately going to be the next president and how François Hollande was a non-starter who'd be a blunder of a nominee. Bizarre.

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:59 pm »
Ignore

Do urban regions always report last?

Keith R Laws ‏@Keith_Laws  Feb 4
As I have noted before 'paradigm shift' is an anagram of 'grasp dim faith'
Andrea
Italy
View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2012, 03:55:09 pm »
Ignore

Do urban regions always report last?

They vote until 20:00 while many of the "rural" areas close the polling stations at 18:00. So that's why they report later: they started to count later
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:26 pm »
Ignore

What sort of place is Corrèze? It seems really rural, possibly mountainous? Is it considered part of the Massif Central?

Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »
Ignore

Overall, it candidates running on anti-neoliberal platforms look to take about a third of the vote. And this is before the austerity thrashing Germany is about to deliver France in the next few years. After that, we'll have a real competition. Unthinkable five years ago. Unthinkable.

Well, it was certainly obvious 3 years ago, at least.
Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay
tsionebreicruoc
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »
Ignore

Hollande refused the 3 debates.

Dunno if debates can have a big importance in this election, but that's certainly an excercise that could be tough for Hollande against Sarkozy.

What sort of place is Corrèze? It seems really rural, possibly mountainous? Is it considered part of the Massif Central?

Lived there several years while a child. It's definitely part of Massif Central yes, very green, lot of forests, middle mountains, quite rural, slightly conservative, but still rather open minded, something along the rest of Limousin, might be the most rightist département of this région.

14/01/2011: Tunisia!!
11/02/2011: Egypt!
20/10/2011: Libya
02/09/2013: Abandon of Syria...
...and of, well, 'all of that'...

Money became totally unfair.
Money became totally senseless.
Let's make Money totally useless...

??/??/20??: EU UU!!

Maybe a little update:

Religion Tradition is people's opium...
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »
Ignore

Imagine how well Melenchon would be doing right now against a disappointing PS incumbent in the same vein as Zapatero or Socrates who implemented a series of neo-liberal reforms in the midst of a crippling recession...

Hollande's presidency is going to be a disaster to say the least.

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »
Ignore

Lived there several years while a child. It's definitely part of Massif Central yes, very green, lot of forests, middle mountains, quite rural, slightly conservative, but still rather open minded, something along the rest of Limousin, might be the most rightist département of this région.

So Hollande's from a sort of low-key rural leftist background, culturally? That sounds nice, actually. Too bad he's going to be inheriting and presiding over an absolute sh**tstorm.

Where is Mélenchon ostensibly from, other than 'Morocco'?

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »
Ignore

Well, it was certainly obvious 3 years ago, at least.

Maybe to you. Tongue Three years ago the euro crisis hadn't broken out, and most people didn't realize how bad it would get. In any case, just noting it down.

I'm proud of how well Melenchon did. He started out as a gadfly, and it looks like he may do better than Jean-Marie in 2007. Impressive. I'm certain he took some votes from FN as well.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »
Ignore

Hollande refused the 3 debates.

Dunno if debates can have a big importance in this election, but that's certainly an excercise that could be tough for Hollande against Sarkozy.

If Hollande is elected, he'd be the second President of Corrèze General Council elected President of the Republic after Chirac.

Interestingly both Chirac and Hollande were from outside of Corrèze, but made their political bases there. Chirac is from Paris, Hollande from Rouen.

Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »
Ignore

Interestingly both Chirac and Hollande were from outside of Corrèze, but made their political bases there. Chirac is from Paris, Hollande from Rouen.

Ah. I remember Chirac was also Mayor of Paris for some time. I'm always amazed by how much of what would here be seen as blatant carpetbagging goes on in Europe.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout