France 2012: Official Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 144633 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »

Big block of pink filling in from the Loire to the Spanish border.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »

So, looks like Miklos Horthy, Jr. is going to be the first incumbent President who failed to take the first place in first round.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

Overall, it candidates running on anti-neoliberal platforms look to take about a third of the vote. And this is before the austerity thrashing Germany is about to deliver France in the next few years. After that, we'll have a real competition. Unthinkable five years ago. Unthinkable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »

56.5% in (via google, source: Ministry of Interior)

Hollande
30.1%

Sarkozy
25.7%

Le Pen
17.6%

Mélenchon
11.0%

Bayrou
9.4%

Joly
2.1%

Dupont-Aignan
1.9%

Poutou
1.3%

Arthaud
0.6%

Cheminade
0.3%
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 03:53:42 PM by Nathan »

Hollande is massively outperforming Royal in Auvergne and Burgundy especially so far, it looks like.

ETA: He's carried every département in Auvergne, also in Limousin (obviously) and Brittany and on track in Aquitaine and possibly Midi-Pyrénées and Poitou-Charentes.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

Bizarre to that even a year ago DSK was definately going to be the next president and how François Hollande was a non-starter who'd be a blunder of a nominee. Bizarre.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »

Do urban regions always report last?
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »

Do urban regions always report last?

They vote until 20:00 while many of the "rural" areas close the polling stations at 18:00. So that's why they report later: they started to count later
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »

What sort of place is Corrèze? It seems really rural, possibly mountainous? Is it considered part of the Massif Central?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

Overall, it candidates running on anti-neoliberal platforms look to take about a third of the vote. And this is before the austerity thrashing Germany is about to deliver France in the next few years. After that, we'll have a real competition. Unthinkable five years ago. Unthinkable.

Well, it was certainly obvious 3 years ago, at least.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

Hollande refused the 3 debates.

Dunno if debates can have a big importance in this election, but that's certainly an excercise that could be tough for Hollande against Sarkozy.

What sort of place is Corrèze? It seems really rural, possibly mountainous? Is it considered part of the Massif Central?

Lived there several years while a child. It's definitely part of Massif Central yes, very green, lot of forests, middle mountains, quite rural, slightly conservative, but still rather open minded, something along the rest of Limousin, might be the most rightist département of this région.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

Imagine how well Melenchon would be doing right now against a disappointing PS incumbent in the same vein as Zapatero or Socrates who implemented a series of neo-liberal reforms in the midst of a crippling recession...

Hollande's presidency is going to be a disaster to say the least.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »

Lived there several years while a child. It's definitely part of Massif Central yes, very green, lot of forests, middle mountains, quite rural, slightly conservative, but still rather open minded, something along the rest of Limousin, might be the most rightist département of this région.

So Hollande's from a sort of low-key rural leftist background, culturally? That sounds nice, actually. Too bad he's going to be inheriting and presiding over an absolute sh**tstorm.

Where is Mélenchon ostensibly from, other than 'Morocco'?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »

Well, it was certainly obvious 3 years ago, at least.

Maybe to you. Tongue Three years ago the euro crisis hadn't broken out, and most people didn't realize how bad it would get. In any case, just noting it down.

I'm proud of how well Melenchon did. He started out as a gadfly, and it looks like he may do better than Jean-Marie in 2007. Impressive. I'm certain he took some votes from FN as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »

Hollande refused the 3 debates.

Dunno if debates can have a big importance in this election, but that's certainly an excercise that could be tough for Hollande against Sarkozy.

If Hollande is elected, he'd be the second President of Corrèze General Council elected President of the Republic after Chirac.

Interestingly both Chirac and Hollande were from outside of Corrèze, but made their political bases there. Chirac is from Paris, Hollande from Rouen.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »

Interestingly both Chirac and Hollande were from outside of Corrèze, but made their political bases there. Chirac is from Paris, Hollande from Rouen.

Ah. I remember Chirac was also Mayor of Paris for some time. I'm always amazed by how much of what would here be seen as blatant carpetbagging goes on in Europe.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 04:11:39 PM by IDS Legislator Kalwejt »

Ah. I remember Chirac was also Mayor of Paris for some time. I'm always amazed by how much of what would here be seen as blatant carpetbagging goes on in Europe.

Yep, he was mayor of Paris and deputy from Corrèze at the same time, as I recall.

It's funny one can be Mayor, Deputy, Minister or even the Prime Minister at the same time. For example, Chaban-Delmas continued to be a Mayor of Bordeaux (he was one for almost 50 years!) while President of the National Assembly and then Prime Minister. Now Alain Juppe is serving simultaneously as Mayor of Bordeaux and Foreign Minister.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

Imagine how well Melenchon would be doing right now against a disappointing PS incumbent in the same vein as Zapatero or Socrates who implemented a series of neo-liberal reforms in the midst of a crippling recession...

I suppose he's sort of a French John Kerry, even if this is obvious most people voting for him (as I certainly would in the second round) will be just concerned with getting Sarkozy out.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »

Yep, he was mayor of Paris and deputy from Corrèze at the same time, as I recall.

What.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »

That's legal in France? I know European countries tend to be more tolerant of carpetbagging but never thought to that level.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »

Yeah that's what I thought for a while, and why I once posted that no matter who wins doesn't lose (yeah, nobody 'wins' this election, MLP at best, polls kept showing that about 60% of Hollande vote was anti-Sarkozy, only about 30% was by adhesion to Hollande) 'Mélenchon-Montebourg 2017? Beware!'. I personally can't wait to see all those 'glorious brilliant' guys of PS dealing with reality...

That being said, even if I could have been very annoyed by all this PS hypocrisy all along the years, that would still be better to have them instead of Sarkozy on most realms...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2012, 04:11:03 PM »

Results so far...
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »

Any reason to be shocked that Marine's not carried a department yet?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »

Any reason to be shocked that Marine's not carried a department yet?

Not with both 'serious' candidates over 25%, no. She might still do though, and has come very close in places.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »

That's legal in France? I know European countries tend to be more tolerant of carpetbagging but never thought to that level.

Yes. I'm not sure if there were some recent limitations (my memory may be fooling me).

I remember Poland until 2002 allowed one to serve as Mayor and member of Parliament simultaneously. Not necessarily from the same place (well, Hollande is at least President of Corrèze and Deputy from Corrèze). It ended when, the same year, mayors started to be elected by popular vote, instead of being chosen by city councils.

As of carpetbagging in Poland, don't let me even start Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies