France 2012: Official Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:02:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 145844 times)
rob in cal
« on: April 22, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »

What did Hollande say against the FN?
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »

Anyone have any feeling about what these results signify in terms of the upcoming parliamentary elections, in terms of strength of the parties etc..
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »

Do we have a breakdown of the voting intentions of the Melenchon and Joly voters in the second round. Of course the vast majority will be for Hollande, but I'm wondering just how strong for him.
rob in cal
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »

I thought the rule of thumb was that in historically Catholic countries right leaning parties did better with women than men.  IIRC the left was against women's suffrage in France the right for it in the years before its final adoption.
     One stat among the vote intentions of the losing candidates says it all.  Melenchons voters are going 91 to 2 for Hollande, only 7% abstentions.  That kind of near unanimous left wing unity can't be good for Sarko.
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

Where does Hollande stand on the immigration issue.  Is he for keeping things similar to now or for more immigration?  (I'm guessing he's not for less immigration per year).  Just curious in that he clearly won the vote of hundreds of thousands of MLP voters today, and since immigration is one key factor in the NF vote was wondering how he appealed to them.
rob in cal
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »

Anyone have a feeling about how the narrowness of Hollande's victory will impact the legislative elections.  I'm wondering if the rightwing parties will be reenergized because Sarkozy's loss wasnt as big as many expected.
rob in cal
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »

Do we have any info on the geographic distribution of blank votes?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies