France 2012: Official Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:08:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 146058 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

Can we expect much difference from the revised exit polls, or are they usually close to bang on?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

Those figures are a bit presumptuous, aren't they? At 99.9% on Google's collating page, Le Pen looks a fair bit away from that 20%.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

Perhaps most notable- the young are the most conservative generation in France except for those over 60.

Well it's certainly true that they're not as left-leaning as you might expect, but the Others are all important to make that assumption. A say, higher vote for Green/Trotskyists in the young, appear in that graph in such a way as if they were a force of the Right. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it were true - another reason to hate my generation.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2012, 08:34:13 PM by Leftbehind »

Beautiful. Smiley

I was surprised at how good a job Google were doing at collating and mapping the results, but when colouring the parties shares, you couldn't see the variation above whatsoever for the main two.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

never heard of a country before where the right didn't do better among men and the left better among women?

The UK (traditionally).

Took the words right out my mouth! I'm sure there are other examples as well.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »

never heard of a country before where the right didn't do better among men and the left better among women?

The UK (traditionally).

Took the words right out my mouth! I'm sure there are other examples as well.

I find it weird also...in Canada we certainly see the NDP and Liberals doing much better with women and the Tories are definitely the men's party (esp. old men). It makes sense that woman would tend to favour parties on the left - women are much more likely to work in the public sector (ie: nurses, teachers, civil servants), they tend to be much more concerned with proper funding of education and health care and social services etc... and woman tend not to like militaristic "law and order" rhetoric from rightwing parties...

It actually surprises me that in the UK and France the gender gap is as narrow as it is - in the UK in particular i would have thought that woman would be disproptionately hit by all the draconians cuts to social programs by the Cameron government

Any explanation?

Note the "(traditionally)" in the quote - there's evidence to suggest the current government's broke the Tory leads over Labour among women.

Read more here: http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/4122
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:26 AM »

Thanks in Welsh.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »

Great news. Smiley
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »

lol at John Simpson's report for the BBC. Getting a reaction in the market Hollande visited, the first person's wearing a striped top and the second a beret.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »

Now this is something i'd love to see on Trafalgar Square. Alas, the British are less fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hGkZcD6oeI

I'd say it's because politics means less in the UK and our politicians are as much to blame for that as anyone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies