Jerseyrules for Governor, Round Two!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jerseyrules for Governor, Round Two!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jerseyrules for Governor, Round Two!  (Read 427 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »

Thank you, Atlasia!  It is my utmost pleasure to announce my candidacy for Governor of the Northeast in June!  I am ready to claw my way back, ready to take on the establishment and the lame stream media, and ready for a rematch!  [cheers].  Most importantly, I am ready to lead!  [applause and cheers].

My friends, we're back! [Booming applause and cheers echo throughout Madison Square Garden].  Are you ready to fight for the leisure of the 1940s, that we can restore that feeling of comfort and safety to walk our own streets?  ["YEAH!"]  Is it too much to ask that we can walk our streets like boulevards, and feel secure in our own homes?!  ["NO!"]  Until the day we can stroll our streets like boulevards, we have no region!  Until the day we can feel secure in our own finances, pay for college for little Johnny and braces for little Suzy, we have no region!  This region was once a palace, with no kings or queens, or dukes or earls; it was a PALACE, with all it's inhabitants indentured only to each other, and to FREEDOM!  [Booming applause]  This campaign is about the fight to make MY REGION, YOUR REGION ["YEAH!"], OUR REGION ["YEAH!"] A PALACE AGAIN!  THANK YOU, MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!

The thunderous applause echoes throughout the stadium for ten minutes, until Jerseyrules' grandmother takes the stage, telling amusing anecdotes, childhood stories, and sharing other well-received stories with the crowd.  This is something that no one had counted on; Nanna Jersey is to make stops in Boston, New York City, Trenton, Newark, and Hoboken to campaign for her grandson, and is well-received everywhere.  Some in the media compare her to Rose Kennedy, whose oft-forgotten speeches on her son's behalf in 1960 were invaluable to the Kennedy campaign.  Meanwhile, Jerseyrules begins a campaign train through upstate New York, rural Pennsylvania, and throughout the entire rural northeast.  Jerseyrules has pledged that should he lose this race, he will retire to his business as an architect in New York City.  For better or for worse, this race will either make or break this young man's career in politics.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

No rematch.

Jerseyrules has pledged that should he lose this race, he will retire to his business as an architect in New York City.  For better or for worse, this race will either make or break this young man's career in politics.

I would advise against that.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:13:19 AM »

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »

Good luck- endorsed
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »

This kid reminds me so much of myself it's funny Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »

Please be sure to declare in the appropriate thread to be on the ballot.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »

This kid reminds me so much of myself it's funny Tongue

Yay!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »

"So what do you have to say about rumors that you won't run again if you lose?"
"Utter bull."
"What?"
"Well I'm considering whether to run again in September, but let's focus on this term, this race for now.  The one that's still two months away.  [winks].  At any rate, I may not run for a third time in order to focus on my work, and probably won't run again until next summer.  But we're taking it one day at a time."
"Thank you, Representative"
[shakes hand] "Thank you, Mr. O'Reilly."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies