nj 2000
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:06:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  nj 2000
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: nj 2000  (Read 1191 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »

why did nj trend so hard dem in 2000?

if i remember correctly bush even spent time and money there.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:06:07 PM »

Christy Todd Whittman and Franks candidacy doomed the GOP there and Lautenberg and Torricelli were very well liked there. It wasn't until 2002 and after that NJ was tramatized by 911 that they began flurting with the GOP again with the likes of Forrester and Kean along with the Bob Torricelli and McGreevey scandles.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

Jews came out hard for Gore because of Lieberman. I hate Joe, but he probably helped prevent CT and NJ from being competitive and helped in PA and CA.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »

Gore really demolished Bush in NJ, he even won the white vote, which Obama didn't manage. By the way, what is up with Ocean county? From 1 point Bush to almost 20 points for McCain is rare above the mason-dixon line.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »

Christy Todd Whittman and Franks candidacy doomed the GOP there and Lautenberg and Torricelli were very well liked there. It wasn't until 2002 and after that NJ was tramatized by 911 that they began flurting with the GOP again with the likes of Forrester and Kean along with the Bob Torricelli and McGreevey scandles.

Yeah but Franks only lost to Corzine by 3 points in the 2000 US Senate Race. Lautenburg is still very well liked too. Christie Whittman wasn't up for election or any re-election either in 2000. Yeah Forrester he lost the 2002 US Senate Race and the 2005 Governor's race. I think Corzine when he was governor hurt the NJ Democratic Party more than any Torricelli or McGreevey scandle. Corzine was not well liked in the NJ suburbs. The only place that he had good support was urban counties like Essex and Hudson.

Anyways as far as Al Gore winning 56-40% over Bush W. in 2000 in NJ well Clinton beat Dole in 1996 51-35% in NJ too. NJ really liked Clinton.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »

Gore really demolished Bush in NJ, he even won the white vote, which Obama didn't manage. By the way, what is up with Ocean county? From 1 point Bush to almost 20 points for McCain is rare above the mason-dixon line.
I have a theory on this actually. I think alot of seniors left NJ during the 90's and went to Florida. I think during the 2000's the seniors that lived in Northern and Central NJ passed up Florida and just moved to the Jersey Shore instead of moving out of state!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 12:17:30 PM by OC »

The turnout among minorities were strongly in favor of Al Gore due to Whittman racial woes in NJ with her racially profiling Rolax reminded her of Bush letting the Hate Crimes bill lapse in the state legislature concerning Byrd.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies