Opinion of the Christian left (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:27:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Christian left (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

Mixed

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Opinion of the Christian left  (Read 6805 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »

Yes, as I've pointed out before, there haven't been any Christian left terrorists, or any murderous dictator slaughtering people in the name of liberal Christianity.
You have to turn a blind eye to an awful lot in order to make this statement. Violent Sandanista revolutionaries.  Irish Marxist Catholic terrorists.  Hugo Chavez squelching democracy.  Al Sharpton inciting violence against Jews.   Self-proclaimed prophet and child murderer Nat Turner.
There are some on the Christian Left who support voluntary, nonviolent action to be in solidarity with the poor, and I have a great deal of respect for them. But you also have those who preach that the Kingdom of God is established through violence and power against the oppressor class.

1) There was no such thing as government back in Christ time and if there was a state to provide Christ would strongly support it.
Of course there was a government in Jesus' time. It killed him.  Jesus had little use for it, his reign being not of this world (that is, not to do with political power).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »

I still think the most sensical and best way to conceive of an afterlife that weds absolute love with absolute justice is the traditional Eastern Orthodox model.
I'd be interested to look into that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies