Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 36786 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

*Crowd erupts*

"Four more months! Four more months! Four more months!"

Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #401 on: February 17, 2012, 03:57:29 AM »

Thanks for the shared endorsement! Although it would have been nice to have you in the Whig party (though I must say the Imperial Bloc is the second best option Wink), I wish you the best of luck in your election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »

Townhall Meeting in Tallahassee, Florida
Ask Yankee Anything!!!

Begins: Now
Ends: Tomorrow at the same time

I have snuck out of Tampa while Jbrase wasn't looking to do some campaigning. I had planned an NC kickoff on the 6th with a speech in Greensboro, followed by events in GA, SC and LA but events transpired to keep me from doing that. I still intend to squeeze in as many of these events as possible over the next few days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »

Fully endorsed to the best guy in the Senate. Good luck, though you won't need it. Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2012, 04:28:13 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Senator, you've served in the Senate for what, three years now? And a good part of that as Dean and President Pro Tem. What has caused you to stay in the Senate versus other offices?

Also, endorsed (sorry, write-in and none of the above).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

Fully endorsed to the best guy in the Senate. Good luck, though you won't need it. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »

Senator, you've served in the Senate for what, three years now? And a good part of that as Dean and President Pro Tem. What has caused you to stay in the Senate versus other offices?

First off, it is impossible to be both Dean and PPT at the same time. TJ in Cleve is the current Dean of the Senate.

The reason is that I think I provide a level of stability and commitment to the game that has been an asset to the IDS and to game. I also feel an obligation that as long as I am able to provide this and other qualities to the IDS, that I should continue to do so until an opportunity arouse that I could provide more in a different capacity or they render a judgement that my services aren't desired anymore. I have always considered heavily whether or not to run each time that I have and it has never been a forgone conlusion that I would run again usually until I announced or just prior to that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »

First off, it is impossible to be both Dean and PPT at the same time. TJ in Cleve is the current Dean of the Senate.

The reason is that I think I provide a level of stability and commitment to the game that has been an asset to the IDS and to game. I also feel an obligation that as long as I am able to provide this and other qualities to the IDS, that I should continue to do so until an opportunity arouse that I could provide more in a different capacity or they render a judgement that my services aren't desired anymore. I have always considered heavily whether or not to run each time that I have and it has never been a forgone conlusion that I would run again usually until I announced or just prior to that.

My mistake. I saw you marked as Dean and PPT somewhere on the Wiki.

What's your opinion on AG Fuzzy's recent action regarding the Trojan Act?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #409 on: June 13, 2012, 06:23:29 PM »

My mistake. I saw you marked as Dean and PPT somewhere on the Wiki.

What's your opinion on AG Fuzzy's recent action regarding the Trojan Act?

Ah yes the wiki. Speaking of Wikis and Fuzzy I had an idea I wanted to pitch to him about the matter, but my computer problems sort of delayed that for now.

I think the AG should leave the IDS and its "practices" be. Grin These "invasive" measures which they have "engaged" in are a "violation" of our region's rights thus further emphasizing the need for the continued vigilance with regards to the "protection" thereof, because obviously Nyman refuses to stop "screwing" with us. Evil

Couldn't resist doing that. Grin
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #410 on: June 13, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

Baton Rouge
June 15, 2012

Good Evening Louisiana!

As many of you know, I am accustomed to long speeches full of energetic outbursts from the crowd as well as my own personal charm and grammatical errors. Unfortunately, as result of typing this while lying on a hard floor, this speech will have to be somewhat condensed. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Recently, the Imperial Dominion of the South was subjected to the most outrageous harrassment and invasive treatment at the hands of the Federal Department of Justice. It is unfortunate, but no surprise that the Federal Goverment can't leave good honest southern folk be as they seek to carry on their daily affairs. I am glad that the perpetrators of this violation of the South have decided to reverse their ways and seek to address this matter in the courts. This is the best path and the only one that could be carried out without the potential for unneeded drama and maybe worse from certain less reasonable people in our respectable region. Such acts would be completely undesirable and I am glad we likely won't have deal with such people in this matter.

The whole affair has shown that a potential exists for the over reaction by federal officials when they pursue the enforcement of the federal laws for which they are response for dispensing with. As a result of this concern, I have introduced legislation to ensure that the enforcement of federal laws do not interfere with the legal and necessary functions of the regional goverment. I look forward to bringing this legislation before the Senate and hopefully getting it passed so that this risk has been dealt with.

Thank You and Dave Bless!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #412 on: June 23, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

Memphis, Tennessee
June 23, 2012

Respected Citizens! Regionalists!

It pains me that most of my grand plans for this campaign have been uphended from the beginning by something as stupid as a corrupt winsocket. Though we shouldn't be surprised considering how many times this game has been ruined by something involving the word "sock" already. I had planned to talk about the economy in atleast three speeches and hold several more townhalls. I also wanted to come here and address the most directly affected victims of the recent federal incursion.

We should stand firm against attempts to harrass and harm our region, such as that which has so recently afflicted this grand city and several other locations throughout this grand region. I have always been a federalist myself and I do beleive that currency should remain the purview of the federal government, however the response of the federal government to this policy and the excessive actions engaged upon to enforce it have rendered the south united behind efforts to resist them and I consider it to be a pleasure to engage in this fight. It is my opinion that uptmost efforts be made in the courts to see that the IDS in vindicated legally. The chances of such be as they may, that shouldn't impact our efforts to seek a positive result from them.

As for the economy, we have taken measures to improve both the short term economy and at the same time take a long term approach with regards to keeping the budget balanced. However, I do have a concern that the economy has been sacrificed unnecessarily to reduce the deficit, which is already at a manageable level, by a small amount that would have minimal positive effects spread out over a very long time. An attempt to cap the final rounds of hikes in the payroll tax was defeated by just such a mentality. While keeping the gov't solvent and the public finances in order are essential to long term growth, that standard has in my opinion been met to enough of an extent to allow for certain stimulative measures to be enacted, so as to aid the short term economic situation.

Very soon we will have a proposal before the Senate that would lead to great changes in the structure of the regions and the Senate. While this bill has been crafted by and introduced by my hand, it is the proposal of a constituent and doesn't represent my goals or opinions. It is clear that both the Senate size and the exact reddrawing of the map will cause emense controversy such that passage of any reofrm may not be possible at all. If such is possible, it must gain the support a of a broad majority of the populations in each regions as well as that of each affected state as the approval of those affected is required on a state by state basis. Also, it is essential that important balance between regional and popular interests is preserved within government so as to ensure that regional rights are not infringed upon.

I consider an honor to represent the IDS and I thank those who have already voted for me in this election and ask those who have yet to vote to consider voting for me to be your representative in the Senate once again.

Thanks and Dave Bless!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »

Wilmington, NC
June 25, 2012

Southerners!

I want to thank you for once again placing your faith in my devotion and service to the IDS. I know the last three weeks have been less then ideal for you guys as well as myself. I made promised that I would get the problem fixed and be back up to speed and I accomplished that. I had only wished it had happened sooner then it did, preferably at least a week before the election started. Unfortunately, the situation is as it is. I am glad that I was able to provide some modicum of a campaign in the few events that I managed to hold and that the Senate didn't suffer all that much as a result of my reduced access and ability.

I laid out some of my goals for this next term and I will breifly restate them. I plan to investigate the reasons for persistenently high unemployment and what exactly the Senate can do to address them. Then I plan to take this and use it craft and enach policies in a bipartisan fashion to see if we can't find away to get it moving down more swiftly. In the entire time I have been in the Senate, there hasn't been a single occasion in which aren't in recession, in recovery, or suffering from painfully high and intollerable levels of unemployment.

I also plan to persue reform options as they arise to try and boost the game, its functionality and activity levels. However, these changes must be practical in that they have a chance of achieving the desired results, they must not interfere with region rights or the balance between regioanl and popular interests, and they must carry a broad consensus of support otherwise they will not be passed in any event.

One of the new big things that is to come in the rest of this Senate and th next Senate is the establishment of the committee structure and the implementation thereof. It is my hope that these will prove successfull and that they will produce a positive effect on the Senate's legislative activities and by extention the game itself. I will seek to exert every effort necessary to ensure that this result comes to pass with regards to the Committees.

I thank the Imperial Dominion of the South for its continued faith and trust in my devotion to this game and to this region.

Thanks and may Dave Bless Atlasia and the IDS!!!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. PPT!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »