Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 22758 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

Governor Napoleon's labor rally and Hollywood fundraiser will be moved to Monday the 14th to accommodate Mothers' Day. Tonight he plans to speak on the Presidency in New York City.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »

Manhattan, New York, New York

"Governor Napoleon speaks at a New York City meeting. Supporters, donors, and Northeastern elected public officials are present as he delivers his speech."

As a strong supporter of the President I share a party with, I applaud him for what has been achieved in his two terms. Since I am the Liberal Party's candidate to succeed President Polnut, many of you are curious of how a Napoleon administration would compare to Polnut's administration.

There are a few Atlasians who have been critical of Polnut's press releases and speeches. I find them to be a great way of communicating with Atlasians and directing policy, I will continue these with pride and expand on them if I see an opportunity. I want to establish this as a respected precedent for Presidents. I serve on the Game Reform Panel President Polnut campaigned on, and have worked with Vice President Tmthforu, Senator Scott, and even Whig Chairman Pingvin and I think some good ideas have come about because of it.

One idea I proposed to the Panel was to have our administration serve as an ambassador to the Forum Community to identify why so many members of our forum are not participating in Atlasia. I believe that the political persuasions of the current Administration is best fit to reach out to the entire community, and hope they act on this idea soon; if they do, and if necessary still, Kal and I intend to continue reaching out.

Polnut has had an active Administration and a well-rounded active Cabinet. I hope to maintain a Cabinet that is largely similar while finding a way to include Vice President Kalwejt. President Polnut's been active in Senate debates and helped forge compromise. My administration will work in a similar manner. I point to the current session of the Northeast Legislative Assembly as a model of how I will approach legislative debate, and Kalwejt will also be very involved with Senate debates. I will keep President Polnut's record of activity going, with perhaps a bit more of a high profile in policy input, as you would expect from me.

One of the major policy achievements has been the Labor and Liberal joint effort to establish a national broadcaster, which has come under fire from Atlasia's conservatives. While I am personally ambivalent, I firmly believe in "innocent until proven guilty" and would like to judge it after letting it establishes its positives and negatives clearly. A repeal would be counter-productive considering we haven't seen it develop.

My administration will be a degree more direct with proposing our own policies, making use of the Executive Slot for priorities, and Kalwejt, too, if the Senate makes the proper changes to procedure. As Governor, I have been making my own legislative proposals and we are working as a parliamentary legislature that respects debate, compromise, and participation. I believe this attitude can translate to the federal Senate. I believe we can have an Atlasian Renaissance. Thank you for hearing me out this late. Vote Napoleon/Kalwejt, and tell your friends, too! Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »

if you actually went to NYC my boys would rough you up
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »

Doubtful; Presidential candidates are typically protected by Secret Service.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »

As Governor, I am in New York City most of the time so your boys will have their chances.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:32 AM »

Please ask Kalwejt and me questions, if you have any. This campaign wants to see you participating too. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:37 AM »

Would you support the Presidency and Vice Presidency being elected independently of one another?

If I may address this one as well: I did strongly support this idea in past and I still hope it can be done in future. However, as Napoleon said, there's a substantial risk no one would be really interested in running for separate vice presidency. We already see this problem with many separately elected regionwide offices. First, we need to fix the game.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

Governor Napoleon is recovering from illness and should be back to full activity soon.

"I have tried my best to keep up with my work as Governor during this time."
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »

Get well soon, Governor - my own absence from the campaign trail is due to frantically studying for exams, but the last time I ran for President I was half-dying from tonsillitis for most of the time. Sad
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »

In the same boat pal- get well soon
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »

Get well soon, Napoleon!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »

Napoleon, how do you feel about The Equal Representation Act currently being debated in the Senate?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »

Napoleon, how do you feel about The Equal Representation Act currently being debated in the Senate?

I disagree with it, to a slightly larger degree than my disagreement with the Clarence/Yelnoc ticket's assertion that the Senate isn't broke and doesn't need fixed. In fact, I also disagree with your statements about gerrymandering, which would make my job more fun for whoever is fortunate enough to hold it.

There are many problems with the Regional Senate seats not limited to a lack of competition and inactivity. We should evaluate possible solutions but I do not see this amendment as a solution. I encourage Atlasians to keep an open mind about those of us voicing potential solutions. Change is not always bad.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »

I disagree with it, to a slightly larger degree than my disagreement with the Clarence/Yelnoc ticket's assertion that the Senate isn't broke and doesn't need fixed. In fact, I also disagree with your statements about gerrymandering, which would make my job more fun for whoever is fortunate enough to hold it.

There are many problems with the Regional Senate seats not limited to a lack of competition and inactivity. We should evaluate possible solutions but I do not see this amendment as a solution. I encourage Atlasians to keep an open mind about those of us voicing potential solutions. Change is not always bad.
No change is not always bad.  But sometimes change from the top down causes more problems than it solves.  The concept of regional senate seats is Not a flawed one.  You are correct that lack of competition and general inactivity is a problem which effects regional senate seats.  However, those issues effect every other aspect of the game.  Remember when Pingvin and Alfred Jones were elected in an At-Large Senate election unopposed?  You can't force activity, and getting rid of regional seats won't create the veil of activity the author of the bill seems to think it will.  Our current trough is merely a reality of the Atlas Fantasy Elections board.  As we near the 2012 Election, plenty of new people will sign up on this site.  After November, we will see an infusion of new blood and the consequential uptick in activity.  At that point in time, I expect much of this conversation about structural changes will cease, until our next period of activity in 2015 or thereabouts. 

No, change isn't always bad.  But you have to be smart about what you change and how you do so.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »

In addition to what Yelnoc said- I ask you to cite where either Yelnoc or I asserted what you say we did...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:23 PM »

I have been a regional Senator for two terms so what you say is nothing new to me. It might suffice to say that my own initial Senate victory was the last competitive regional Senate election. I would rather eliminate At Large seats for districts than regional seats. But saying "Regional seats at all costs" is very counter productive. If we moved to a four region map then the regional senate seats would still exist but in a different style.

I don't think saying "wait and things will pick up" is good enough for Atlasia, either.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:13 PM »

I have been a regional Senator for two terms so what you say is nothing new to me. It might suffice to say that my own initial Senate victory was the last competitive regional Senate election. I would rather eliminate At Large seats for districts than regional seats. But saying "Regional seats at all costs" is very counter productive. If we moved to a four region map then the regional senate seats would still exist but in a different style.

I don't think saying "wait and things will pick up" is good enough for Atlasia, either.
I don't see any alternative to letting things run their natural course other than trying to make things smaller.  One way of doing that is by decreasing the number of regions to four.  I am not opposed to that by any means, and yes I recognize that in such a scenario the size of the senate would have to be reduced or some other sort of compromise reached.  But I am not someone who thinks that the fundamentals of Atlasia are broken.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

This is a game of elections. When so many of our elections are uncompetitive, the fundamentals are certainly broken. Whether that requires institutional reform is another story but there is a problem with the game's fundamentals that has been clear for a while now.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »

This is a game of elections. When so many of our elections are uncompetitive, the fundamentals are certainly broken. Whether that requires institutional reform is another story but there is a problem with the game's fundamentals that has been clear for a while now.
Do you have a solution in mind?  I fail to see how we can make more elections competitive without increasing activity or decreasing the effective scope of the game.  The former is mostly out of our control.  The latter is worth discussing, but if you make it to cozy then in a few months you'll have people that feel left out of the process.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »

Speech delivered at the Jake Matthews Memorial Bridge

Atlasia needs a leader. Atlasia needs someone with a proven record of success to lead us in to a bright future. For too long we have seen a nation of pessimism and disappointment. Atlasia cannot afford a President that sits on the sidelines. Our next President must not be part of the problem.

I ran for the position of Northeast Governor in February because I felt I was uniquely positioned to bring about necessary reforms and provide a foundation for exciting political debates and contention over regional issues that would last long after my successor’s inauguration. This has been accomplished. The Northeast, a region that once had an absentee governor and an Assembly that anyone could be elected to simply by writing one’s name on the ballot, has become a model of what regions can provide to the game. Together with a group of five diverse and active Representatives, we have debated a number of bills comparable to the Atlasian Senate, accomplished many things, had productive and informative debates, and worked together to see this region succeed regardless of party or political persuasion.

We must not take for granted this opportunity to make Atlasia a better, more active place. Kalwejt and I are both innovators, and you can trust us to help Atlasia grow and prosper. We must look forward and choose the best future. This is not your typical presidential campaign. I ask you to look at my record of accomplishment as Governor, as regional Senator, as a Constitutional reformer, and even as Northeast Representative way back when, and compare it with other candidates in this race. Atlasia needs leadership who can bring experience, ideas, and unity to the White House. Kalwejt and I will not let you down.

Thank you, and please remember to vote Napoleon/Kalwejt in June 2012!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »

Tweed retort delivered in the comfort of his own home

Atlasia needs a follower. Atlasia needs someone with no record (except for the possibility of a criminal record) to lead us into the dark tunnel of despair and death. For too long we have seen a nation of insidious optimism. Atlasia needs a president that sits on the sidelines, and views the position as merely ceremonious. Our next President must create a slew of massive problems.

again employing the inversion principle to display how uselessly boring the platitudes spouted by my opponents can be.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »

For too long we have seen a nation of insidious optimism.

If you've actually seen optimism in this game, please show me where...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 10:35:58 PM by Governor Napoleon »

There You Go Again

We elected Oakvale to be our Senator. He abruptly resigned and claimed he was retiring. Now he is running for President. Some retirement.

Now Oakvale is claiming
We're the only independent ticket left in the race, beholden to no special interests or third parties.
But behind closed doors he is making back room deals with candidates for other offices to gain support. Independent? No. Not beholden to special interests? Certainly not.

Vote for a ticket you can trust. Napoleon/Kalwejt, two Atlasians who say what they mean, mean what they say, and simply get things done. Because Atlasia deserves better than quid pro quo.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »