Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:24:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 7229 times)
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:55 am »
Ignore

Endorsed. You'll have my 1st preference, personally.

Though I do see shadows of a President Clarence on the horizon. Ugh.

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 07:34:58 am »
Ignore

Endorsed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:13 am »
Ignore

Napoleon, Tweed, stop bickering and commit to working together with each other and with the Snowstalker campaign and my Labor Party to make sure the right doesn't steamroll the left, bourgeois or otherwise, when we are divided.

I can get talked into the preferencing nonsense but the idea that I will sublimate my egocentric campaign to the whims of a Party I've never been a part of.... go watch The West Wing re-runs!
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:02 am »
Ignore

"I can't express how disappointed I am with the turn out in this election. It is unlikely we will even reach 80 votes. In my first election as a voter, there were over 100 votes. In plain speak, this means we have lost nearly (or even more than) 20% of our players. That, to me, is unacceptable. A special thank you to those who did make it out to vote."

yeah that's cause the game is f*kin shot

you'd think leftist reformists would've learned in 1933
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:33 am »
Ignore

Napoleon, Tweed, stop bickering and commit to working together with each other and with the Snowstalker campaign and my Labor Party to make sure the right doesn't steamroll the left, bourgeois or otherwise, when we are divided.

I can get talked into the preferencing nonsense but the idea that I will sublimate my egocentric campaign to the whims of a Party I've never been a part of.... go watch The West Wing re-runs!

Great, then preference, please, unless you want a President Clarence. If Tweedism has value as a revolutionary movement then it will have value regardless of whether you or he or Napoleon is President and Napoleon as President won't actively make things worse in the short term, believe me.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
President William McKinley
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:00 am »
Ignore

Great, then preference, please, unless you want a President Clarence. If Tweedism has value as a revolutionary movement then it will have value regardless of whether you or he or Napoleon is President and Napoleon as President won't actively make things worse in the short term, believe me.

Glad to know I am such a specter around these parts...

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:54 am »
Ignore

Clarence: As far as I am concerned, it is people like you who keep the Whigs grounded. Not sure where all of the negativity is coming from; personally, I'd reserve it for Pingvin alone.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:13 pm »
Ignore

Glad to know I am such a specter around these parts...

Well, it's just that you're a conservative Whig. It's not anything specifically against you. The only reason we're specifying you is because a lot of us consider you one of the likelier candidates and strong if you run, which is a good thing. In the future I fully expect to be threatening my fellow left-leaning party leaders with President TJ, and TJ and I have a lot of personal respect and fondness for each other.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:39:05 pm by Nathan »Logged

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:48 pm »
Ignore

Paradoixcally, the surge of the Right might actually be a good thing for the Atlasian Left - I think the recent election results shown there's been some complacency as long-time members lose interest and GOTV efforts disappear...

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.
GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »
Ignore

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 02:00:06 pm »
Ignore

Yankee, I can speak for myself only. I believe that my entire history on Atlas in general and in Atlasia in particular proved that I'm able to remain in friendly terms with many conservative participants, regardless of our political differences. Moreso, I was working with many conservatives on common goals.

This is definitively left-liberal ticket (Napoleon and me), but don't expect us to commence a massive impalement of conservatives if elected Tongue

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »
Ignore

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.

This shouldn't be directed at my campaign, I have already denounced the attacks on Pingvin.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:17 pm »
Ignore

Paradoixcally, the surge of the Right might actually be a good thing for the Atlasian Left - I think the recent election results shown there's been some complacency as long-time members lose interest and GOTV efforts disappear...

I can only hope. This election should serve as a wake up call that we have no room to be purist, that we must stay united and focus on our common goals as we push onward to victory. Even so much as one selfish player can cause us to lose. For example, candidate Young Tweed could have preferenced Snowstalker on his ballot and prevented this defeat.

Oakvale, you should come back to your party. Cheesy

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »
Ignore

This shouldn't be directed at my campaign, I have already denounced the attacks on Pingvin.

It wasn't directed at your campaign. It was directed at the left in general and more speficially at Nix.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »
Ignore

Kalwejt and I would like to thank all those who have endorsed us so far. We will be relying on strong supporters to win what we expect to be a tough race. We can no longer be complacent, the last election shows us what happens when we fall asleep at the wheel. Now is the time to stay united. We will need all the help we can get and take nothing for granted.

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
Ignore

It wasn't directed at your campaign. It was directed at the left in general and more speficially at Nix.

What? I don't appreciate Pingvin's ideology or style, and I wouldn't want to see him elected, but I've hardly called for anyone's extermination. I don't understand what I've said that's worthy of criticism.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 02:27:11 pm »
Ignore

Sure. Foreign policy is an area I have involved myself in since first elected to the Senate. As President, I will pursue a foreign policy that expands trade with other nations and opens markets. I would also like to prioritize environmental issues within the larger sphere of foreign policy, and work with other world leaders to that goal. My administration would go to war as a last resort measure only in extreme circumstances when we feel we have exhausted our other options. I would emphasize intelligence operations and collaborative international diplomacy. I can not say with certainty who I would ask to remain from President Polnut's Cabinet, but the things I will be looking for are activity,  experience, confidence, and flexibility.

You avoided the second part of my question brilliantly Wink

Also, can you comment specifically on the recently posted FPR?

My biggest problem with the Foreign Policy Review is the sustained use of the word "attack" to describe the goal of the tariff. Such is all but admitting economic warfare. While I support restrictions for rogue nations, describing it is an attack does more harm than good.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:00:51 pm by Governor Napoleon »Logged

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »
Ignore

Look guys, I really like Pingvin as a fellow. I strongly disagree with most of his political positions, which are just too extreme when compared to Atlasian conservative mainstream, but while I might not vote for him, I wouldn't want him to be politically destroyed. I do not support political assasinations, period.

Both Napoleon and me already stated clearly we're not for any of such things, so can we finish this already?

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »
Ignore

Governor Napoleon, will you run for reelection to the mansion?

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:47 pm »
Ignore

Vepres was "driven off" because he was an idiot and became increasingly paranoid during his time on the forum at large. Though I'm flattered that you single me out in giving credit for getting rid of Vepres, I don't understand why we should have to put up with folks that just aren't good enough simply for the sake of filling seats.

And just for the record I have had basically no interaction with Pingvin and know almost nothing about him, so I'm in no way referring to him in this, I'm just speaking about your general point.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:47 pm »
Ignore

Governor Napoleon, will you run for reelection to the mansion?

No, I have endorsed Mr. Nix for that position.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:58 pm »
Ignore

Vepres was "driven off" because he was an idiot and became increasingly paranoid during his time on the forum at large. Though I'm flattered that you single me out in giving credit for getting rid of Vepres, I don't understand why we should have to put up with folks that just aren't good enough simply for the sake of filling seats.

And just for the record I have had basically no interaction with Pingvin and know almost nothing about him, so I'm in no way referring to him in this, I'm just speaking about your general point.

I gave credit to "others". You were the most visibly aggressive against him that I remember. And this example was bouncing around in my head for some reason at the time. Tongue

I had issues with him myself, but I don't remember anything that could be considered "paranoid". If he lost control or something of that nature, then it would be the job of the moderation staff to deal with him like Teddy was.

My point is from the perspective of atlasia, such is harmfull because standards of "idiocy" and "paranoia" are subjective standards.

Further discussion of this is probably better handled elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:10:44 pm by Senator North Carolina Yankee »Logged

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 03:57:03 pm »
Ignore

Guys, I made a banner.

Still, I encourage you to make your own to double task the expression of your support for Napoleon/Kalwejt and artistic creativity.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 02:53:51 am »
Ignore

New campaign flyer.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 04:02:11 pm »
Ignore

Even my opponents agree with me!

The best government is a government where people of differnt ideologies have to come to the table and negotiate their differences-

Elect Napoleon/Kalwejt to counter-balance this right-wing Senate! My experience working with different ideologies during two terms in the Northeast Assembly, both times being the only JCP member, two terms in the Senate, and as Governor with a varied Assembly will make my the best chance to bring people together.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout