Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:19:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 23078 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »

Could you please elaborate on what type of foreign policy you'd pursue (and also, how quickly after winning will you fire me)?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »

Sure. Foreign policy is an area I have involved myself in since first elected to the Senate. As President, I will pursue a foreign policy that expands trade with other nations and opens markets. I would also like to prioritize environmental issues within the larger sphere of foreign policy, and work with other world leaders to that goal. My administration would go to war as a last resort measure only in extreme circumstances when we feel we have exhausted our other options. I would emphasize intelligence operations and collaborative international diplomacy. I can not say with certainty who I would ask to remain from President Polnut's Cabinet, but the things I will be looking for are activity,  experience, confidence, and flexibility.

You avoided the second part of my question brilliantly Wink

Also, can you comment specifically on the recently posted FPR?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

Napoleon, if you're such a passionate believer in working with everyone, why did you never seek my opinion on the End to Imperialism Act, only mentioning my existence when I started working with the President?  Don't you think it's important to work with people in leadership positions even if you loathe them?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »

1. I don't loathe anyone. Try harder.

2. I worked closely with President Polnut, Commander in Chief. I remember being told that he sought your advice on the matter. Obviously, the final law was a compromise that took a diverse set of views into account.

You definitely loathe me Napoleon.  Or at least cordially dislike me Wink

But I don't understand why you don't think the SoEA is someone you should work with on a foreign policy bill.  It seems like negotiations should have actively included the SoEA, not merely through the President.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »

Perhaps the SoEA could have made that effort if he felt excluded- I was under the impression that you were part of the discussions. Actually, I am certain you were.

I was at the end.  If I remember correctly (and if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it so I don't criticize you unnecessarily), I was only included when I went to Polnut to get involved - you said it was useless to work with me because I was too stubborn.  Do I mis-remember?

And admit you loathe me Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

while you fought for more war and more bloodshed.

I object to that.  Also, I'm asking a question about how you work with those people you disagree with.  There's no need to take things personally.

And admit you loathe me Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »

If the Tongue didn't make it clear, I was joking.  And Napoleon, could you elucidate your views on the new FPR?  I asked, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

My biggest problem with the Foreign Policy Review is the sustained use of the word "attack" to describe the goal of the tariff. Such is all but admitting economic warfare. While I support restrictions for rogue nations, describing it is an attack does more harm than good.

That's an interesting and novel complaint.  What sort of wording would you suggest?  It's never been a problem before, and that wording has been standard for quite a while.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »

I appreciate the support, Napoleon.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »

I won't compromise on this one.  I'm opposed to it in any form.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »

Good luck, Napoleon Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:15 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President