Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 01:58:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  June 2012 Presidential Election Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: To whom will you give first preference in this June's Presidential election?
Former Senator Tweed (Communist Party of Atlasia) / Former President bgwah (Unaffiliated)   -7 (16.3%)
Senator clarence (Whig)   -9 (20.9%)
Governor Napoleon (Liberal) / IDS Legislator Kalwejt (Imperial Bloc)   -16 (37.2%)
NE Representative Snowstalker (Labor)   -4 (9.3%)
Secretary of External Affairs benconstantine (Unaffiliated)   -3 (7%)
Other   -2 (4.7%)
Undecided   -2 (4.7%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: June 2012 Presidential Election Poll  (Read 1172 times)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:49 am »
Ignore

Sure, but my running mate is essentially the founder of the Labor Party. You're professing support for a communist egomaniac haha.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 03:20:27 am »
Ignore

Sure, but my running mate is essentially the founder of the Labor Party. You're professing support for a communist egomaniac haha.
Well I guess that's true, but there is still some difference between the two. My main concern is that tweed is not getting his fair chance to be the leading left-wing candidate, despite his mediocre performance & interest, and there isn't really a reason to try to unite the support of left-wingers behind a candidate two months before the election.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 03:25:59 am »
Ignore

Well I guess that's true, but there is still some difference between the two. My main concern is that tweed is not getting his fair chance to be the leading left-wing candidate, despite his mediocre performance & interest, and there isn't really a reason to try to unite the support of left-wingers behind a candidate two months before the election.
There is a reason- we just got pummeled in the Senate elections and if we don't unite and get our organization together we could very well see a Whig in the White House. I also think that the Left needs to support a candidate with a proven record. Tweed hasn't even participated in Atlasia for years until now, and hasn't even supported other leftists at all since his return. The last Labor ticket saw one half vanish (sad, but totally called it) and the other half elect wormyguy. Still, I suppose some people will have their reasons.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 03:30:41 am »
Ignore

He is basically Herman Cain, strange youtube videos included.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40:25 am »
Ignore

There is a reason- we just got pummeled in the Senate elections and if we don't unite and get our organization together we could very well see a Whig in the White House. I also think that the Left needs to support a candidate with a proven record. Tweed hasn't even participated in Atlasia for years until now, and hasn't even supported other leftists at all since his return. The last Labor ticket saw one half vanish (sad, but totally called it) and the other half elect wormyguy. Still, I suppose some people will have their reasons.
Which one are you referring to? I'm still confused about how Snowstalker lost when he had the votes to win over TJ. I just think that Tweed is an exciting candidate, and your presidency will probably end-up being the same as Polnut's with most of my party being complacent about the status-quo and probably eventually lead to loss of it's relevancy.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:09 am »
Ignore

Barnes, he came out of nowhere to run for president like Tweed has. He vanished again right after the election. I think a lot of people may be forgetting that Polnut's presidency was meant to keep some stability in light of the recent dual-dissolution.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 03:49:11 am »
Ignore

My personal view is that every major party (Labor, Liberal, Whig, Imperial Bloc) should run an own ticket and independents should run as well. It helps each party to sharpen its profile. Additionally, in our voting system you can give higher and lower preferences to other tickets, which are usually of great importance since no single ticket will get a majority in the first round.
Thus a premature focus on a single ticket at this point is not necessary. It's just so much more fun when we have multiple and diverse tickets in the race instead of just two or three.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 09:25:34 am »
Ignore

AFAIK, the major Labor players are either too inexperienced or have ruled out a run.

Then again, there's only 3 or 4 of us...

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

Lt. Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »
Ignore

Which one are you referring to? I'm still confused about how Snowstalker lost when he had the votes to win over TJ.

Five votes were invalid:
Vosem (for Clarence- Vosem isn't registered in Atlasia)
Brandon H (for me- does not meet activity requirements)
NVTownsend (for me- he registered within 7 days of the earliest possible time the election can begin rather than when it actually began)
Pyro the Fox (for Snowstalker- same reason as Brandon)
Morgie B (for Snowstalker - same reason as NVTownsend)

In the initial count, (someone correct me if I'm wrong here-I wasn't online and the time and can only infer this is what happened), Homely only counted Vosem's vote as invalid and MorgieB's, so I won the fifth seat in the initial count.

Then, Napoleon brought to Homely's attention that Brandon H's and NVTownsend's votes are invalid. Homely changed the count and declared Snowstalker the winner.Then, Wormyguy brought to Homely's attention that Pyro the Fox and Morgie B's votes are also invalid. Homely changed the count again and declared me the winner.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:17:15 pm by Senator TJ »Logged
homelycooking
YaBB God
Belize

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 01:12:33 pm »
Ignore

I caught Vosem's and morgieb's votes as invalid. I invalidated the votes of the other three after being notified by Napoleon and Wormyguy.

Then, Napoleon brought to Homely's attention that Brandon H's and NVTownsend's votes are invalid. Homely changed the count and declared Snowstalker the winner.

This is absolutely not true.

Let's be very clear about this: I made one change to the official results, and that was to remove the votes of the three I missed (Brandon, NVTownsend, Pyrofox). Never did I declare Snowstalker the winner of the election.
Lt. Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
Ignore

I caught Vosem's and morgieb's votes as invalid. I invalidated the votes of the other three after being notified by Napoleon and Wormyguy.

Then, Napoleon brought to Homely's attention that Brandon H's and NVTownsend's votes are invalid. Homely changed the count and declared Snowstalker the winner.

Let's be very clear about this: I made one change to the official results, and that was to remove the votes of the three I missed (Brandon, NVTownsend, Pyrofox). Never did I declare Snowstalker the winner of the election.

Sorry. I didn't see any of this happen but woke up to it the next morning. So then Snowstalker was never ahead?
homelycooking
YaBB God
Belize

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:41 pm »
Ignore

Sorry. I didn't see any of this happen but woke up to it the next morning. So then Snowstalker was never ahead?

He was never ahead in the sense that I did not once publish a result showing Snowstalker winning the last seat, nor did I suggest anything to that effect.

There was, however, a four-hour delay between Napoleon's post and Wormyguy's post in the "Attention SoFE" thread. If I had only removed the votes suggested by Napoleon and incorrectly sustained the validity of Pyrofox's vote, then yes, it is true that Snowstalker would have won. In that time period, I suspect that word got out that on the face of things, Snowstalker could win that last seat. But once Pyrofox's vote was out, Snowstalker no longer had sufficient transfers to take the seat.
Lt. Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 01:22:53 pm »
Ignore

He was never ahead in the sense that I did not once publish a result showing Snowstalker winning the last seat, nor did I suggest anything to that effect.

There was, however, a four-hour delay between Napoleon's post and Wormyguy's post in the "Attention SoFE" thread. If I had only removed the votes suggested by Napoleon and incorrectly sustained the validity of Pyrofox's vote, then yes, it is true that Snowstalker would have won. In that time period, I suspect that word got out that on the face of things, Snowstalker could win that last seat. But once Pyrofox's vote was out, Snowstalker no longer had sufficient transfers to take the seat.

Thank you for clearing that up, Homely.
Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »
Ignore

Was Pyro eligible to be a candidate in the NE Assembly election?

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »
Ignore

Was Pyro eligible to be a candidate in the NE Assembly election?

Yes. "Representatives are to be registered voters in the Northeast Region." "All citizens will be given the opportunity to vote during this time." Those are, I believe, the relevant clauses from the Northeast Constitution.

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:15 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Napoleon.

To be clear "registered voter" does not mean "eligible voter per Article II"?

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:38 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Napoleon.

To be clear "registered voter" does not mean "eligible voter per Article II"?

No, that voter must has to appear on Homely's Census.

Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »
Ignore

He's now backtracked, but for a moment it seemed as though SoEA Ben was attempting to draw some attention to his campaign with an emphasis on hot-button issues:

Just for the record, my ticket does endorse eating baby humans. 

Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 06:38:57 am »
Ignore

Barnes, he came out of nowhere to run for president like Tweed has.

this is like saying God came out of nowhere when he returned bodily in the form of Jesus.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 07:19:13 am »
Ignore

this is like saying God came out of nowhere when he returned bodily in the form of Jesus.

This is like saying Tweed doesn't exist Tongue

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 01:50:26 pm »
Ignore

This is like saying Tweed doesn't exist Tongue

No, it's like saying that Tweedism is a properly basic belief, which it isn't.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »
Ignore

Since it's unlikely we'll have a victory on the first round this time, I'll probably for myself & Cincinnatus (why not?), followed by Napoleon. My preference would be for a Napoleon victory.

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.
I could only wish that I looked like Paul Ryan
GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout