Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 10:04:45 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Print
Author Topic: 20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support  (Read 8840 times)
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2012, 08:48:33 pm »
Ignore

Why Clarence and not Napoleon, Oakvale, or Tweed?

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:37 pm »
Ignore

Why Clarence and not Napoleon, Oakvale, or Tweed?

I believe all the Presidential candidates running are excellent and would make wonderful Presidents. Honestly, preferencing will be extremely difficult. Clarence is a smart man who offers experience, hints of positive na´vetÚ whilst also presenting himself as a genuinely good person.

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »
Ignore

His foreign policy is a disaster. I am starting to see what Oakvale meant... Sad

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
Ignore

His foreign policy is a disaster. I am starting to see what Oakvale meant... Sad

I never said who I'd preference where. My second and third preferences are pretty much interchangeable per my mood. I'm pretty sure who my fourth, fifth and sixth preferences will be, though.

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »
Ignore

Not sure what you're referencing about Oakvale and this isn't the place to debate foreign policy (though please feel free to engage in my campaign post or in the upcoming debate) but I can't see many points that would be unreasonable to many people...out of Afghanistan, no nation-building, proposed solutions to redundancy in military spending, decreased boots on ground, out of UN if it doesn't suit our interests, etc...

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »
Ignore

Not sure what you're referencing about Oakvale and this isn't the place to debate foreign policy (though please feel free to engage in my campaign post or in the upcoming debate) but I can't see many points that would be unreasonable to many people...out of Afghanistan, no nation-building, proposed solutions to redundancy in military spending, decreased boots on ground, out of UN if it doesn't suit our interests, etc...

Oakvale referred to me as having transformed into a hardline Conservative for referring to Israel as our greatest ally, though I was technically playing devil's advocate in the context of the situation.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2012, 04:53:53 pm »
Ignore

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Nyman, DC at 6 pm eastern time.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »
Ignore

Oakvale referred to me as having transformed into a hardline Conservative for referring to Israel as our greatest ally, though I was technically playing devil's advocate in the context of the situation.

Eh, it wasn't just that - your signature now, for example, displays a clear preference for a Romney Presidency with a far-right Republican Congress supporting his union-crushing (see also your endorsement of the odious Scott Walker) catastrophic, reckless spending cuts (along with, by the way, blowing billions upon billions on a fleet of new battleships or some idiotic idea) and gutting the social safety net.

I don't have a problem with someone being a Republican, obviously, I just think it's an interesting and rather rapid transformation from libertarian Paulism.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2012, 05:33:18 pm »
Ignore

My views were bound to transform, as I'm only 15. It's likely I'll end up going through a Hardcore Leftist phase before long.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »
Ignore

20RP12/Windis For President - A.R.E.A Proposal

A.R.E.A (Atlasian Renewable Energy Act) is a piece of legislation I plan to introduce within my first month as President. The legislation will read as follows:

1. Spending on research into more renewable energy resources shall hereby be increased by $1.2 million.
2. Tax incentives shall be rewarded to companies that invest and use more renewable resources.
3. "Renewable" resources shall be defined as:

• Solar energy
  • Wind energy
  • Nuclear energy
  • Hydroelectric energy
  • Coal-based energy
or any similar means of energy.

4. Spending on purchasing and importing foreign oil shall be decreased by $1 million per year.

I would be happy to work with the Senate to amend and subsequently perfect this bill. But let it be made clear that 20RP12/Windis supports investment in smarter energy technology.

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:41 pm »
Ignore

1. Spending on research into more renewable energy resources shall hereby be increased by $1.2 million.

Spending by whom and on what specifically?

2. Tax incentives shall be rewarded to companies that invest and use more renewable resources.

What tax incentives?

• Coal-based energy

Umm...

4. Spending on purchasing and importing foreign oil shall be decreased by $1 million per year.

What, are we going to create a spending cap for private purchases of oil?  How do you suppose that would even work?  Is there a time limit?  Should a negative amount of dollars be spent on oil importation at some point?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:21:13 pm by Senator wormyguy »Logged
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2012, 07:27:25 pm »
Ignore

Spending by whom and on what specifically?

What tax incentives?

• Coal-based energy

Umm...

What, are we going to create a spending cap for private purchases of oil?  How do you suppose that would even work?  Is there a time limit?  Should a negative amount of dollars be spent on oil importation at some point?

1. Spending by the federal Government on research into green technology, basically creating more jobs in the area.

2. Overall decreases in taxation.

3. Yes, yes I know. It's not a renewable resource. Still, there's a lot of coal to be used.

4. Again, the piece of legislation isn't perfect, but I think we should be spending less on foreign oil and more on domestic energy.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2012, 09:09:18 pm »
Ignore

No money for research into stuff like breeder reactors?

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2012, 08:11:47 am »
Ignore

No money for research into stuff like breeder reactors?

I'm unfamiliar with this kind of technology, but I'll do a bit of my own research and consider adding a section into the bill.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
Ignore

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Baltimore, MD at 830 pm eastern time.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
Ignore

My views were bound to transform, as I'm only 15. It's likely I'll end up going through a Hardcore Leftist phase before long.

We actually discussed this on the chat once.  We pretty much all agreed that you'll be a Democrat by the time you're 18. Tongue
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2012, 07:46:39 pm »
Ignore

We actually discussed this on the chat once.  We pretty much all agreed that you'll be a Democrat by the time you're 18. Tongue

I could see him as a Schweitzer-Freudenthal Democrat now.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:35 pm »
Ignore

Or a New Democrat! Grin
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »
Ignore

This, actually. Moderate. Maybe + econ score, but not enough to be a Republican.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2012, 08:04:41 pm »
Ignore

So if I give you a high preference am I voting for the moderate libertarian or the right wing hack or something else we haven't witnessed yet? Tongue

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08:41 pm »
Ignore

This, actually. Moderate. Maybe + econ score, but not enough to be a Republican.

Like me! Except with a more moderate social score.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »
Ignore

So if I give you a high preference am I voting for the moderate libertarian or the right wing hack or something else we haven't witnessed yet? Tongue

A mixture of all three, likely Wink I'd govern from the Center. Perhaps Center Right. I won't propose any legislation to like...ban abortion and put every abortion doctor on death row or anything like that.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2012, 07:58:25 am »
Ignore

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Charleston, WV at 9:15 am eastern time.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »
Ignore

The campaign is shocked and saddened at Oakvale's admission of homophobia. We hope he was only kidding and we call for him to publicly announce his support for same-sex marriage and rights if he indeed supports them. The 20RP12/Windis campaign is 100% committed to the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Atlasians and will work to further advance the gay pride movement that has become a cornerstone of modern civilization.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:09 pm »
Ignore

The campaign is shocked and saddened at Oakvale's admission of homophobia. We hope he was only kidding and we call for him to publicly announce his support for same-sex marriage and rights if he indeed supports them. The 20RP12/Windis campaign is 100% committed to the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Atlasians and will work to further advance the gay pride movement that has become a cornerstone of modern civilization.

Given that we're both on the LGBT spectrum, this goes double.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout