20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support  (Read 31466 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 12, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »

His foreign policy is a disaster. I am starting to see what Oakvale meant... Sad

Not sure what you're referencing about Oakvale and this isn't the place to debate foreign policy (though please feel free to engage in my campaign post or in the upcoming debate) but I can't see many points that would be unreasonable to many people...out of Afghanistan, no nation-building, proposed solutions to redundancy in military spending, decreased boots on ground, out of UN if it doesn't suit our interests, etc...

Oakvale referred to me as having transformed into a hardline Conservative for referring to Israel as our greatest ally, though I was technically playing devil's advocate in the context of the situation.

Eh, it wasn't just that - your signature now, for example, displays a clear preference for a Romney Presidency with a far-right Republican Congress supporting his union-crushing (see also your endorsement of the odious Scott Walker) catastrophic, reckless spending cuts (along with, by the way, blowing billions upon billions on a fleet of new battleships or some idiotic idea) and gutting the social safety net.

I don't have a problem with someone being a Republican, obviously, I just think it's an interesting and rather rapid transformation from libertarian Paulism.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2012, 04:58:55 PM by Oakvale »

EDIT: Seriously, guys?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »

Sad
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »

Good Lord, you're now just flat-out identifying yourself as a "conservative"? I'm pretty sure the Whigs are already running a candidate.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

As I said in my campaign thread, whatever our differences (and we've had some), I'm sorry to see you go and hope you'll consider returning at some point.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »

If you don't want your random (?) change from a libertarian Paulite to a party-line Republican to be questioned, that's fine, but you can't resonably expect other posters not to comment on what was a fairly abrupt shift.

I do like you. I'm pretty sure wormyguy and Napoleon, who are the two other posters you quoted, do, too. The reason we made the above comments was because we all found your change in beliefs rather perplexing - I'm not necessarily saying that wormy was correct in suggesting that you did so to win votes here, but you can see why someone one would think that, non?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies