Here is what Mitt Romney needs -- a war hero
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:37:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Here is what Mitt Romney needs -- a war hero
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Here is what Mitt Romney needs -- a war hero  (Read 2491 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »

I think John Kerry would be a great pick. Oh and please save the mods some trouble and deposit these threads directly into the GOP VP speculation megathread.

That's one advantage to nominating someone from a state you'll never win.  You can select a running mate from there as well without putting as risk electoral votes.
perdedor

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

Ron Paul served in the military and has crossover appeal (arguably). <.01% chance of that happening, though.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »

I've never understood the connection between military experience and politics. It's not like the President really makes military decisions anymore anyway. And what else is there, immediate, unquestioned loyalty to the demands of superiors?

No, nothing? Any explanation?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 11:01:10 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

In the last 5 elections, voters (or the Supreme Court) went with the major party Presidential nominee who had less military experience.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »

Saxby Chambliss. Comes with the added benefit of giving Romney an advantage in GA and neighboring FL.
You think Chambliss is a war hero? Saxby Chambliss is the definition of a chickenhawk- a wanna-be "tough guy" who received five deferments during Vietnam and then has the gall to question whether his opponent in 02- a Silver Star recipient- has the "courage to lead" and THEN the GOP puts him on the Armed Services Committee where he gives lectures on how "military life is fundamentally different from civilian life"

I'd rather vote for the sh**t stain on my drawers after a good laugh then any ticket that has Chickenhawk Chambliss on it... he is NOT a war hero...he not only never served- not only duckd service- but he demeaned and slandered a true American hero. Every veteran in the country would pull the lever for Obama- myself included
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2012, 01:31:39 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Saxby Chambliss. Comes with the added benefit of giving Romney an advantage in GA and neighboring FL.
You think Chambliss is a war hero? Saxby Chambliss is the definition of a chickenhawk- a wanna-be "tough guy" who received five deferments during Vietnam and then has the gall to question whether his opponent in 02- a Silver Star recipient- has the "courage to lead" and THEN the GOP puts him on the Armed Services Committee where he gives lectures on how "military life is fundamentally different from civilian life"

I'd rather vote for the sh**t stain on my drawers after a good laugh then any ticket that has Chickenhawk Chambliss on it... he is NOT a war hero...he not only never served- not only duckd service- but he demeaned and slandered a true American hero. Every veteran in the country would pull the lever for Obama- myself included
Oh, I agree. I was being "severely" sarcastic.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »

"Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life. For instance, contrast my five deferments and civilian life to the Silver Star and Bronze Star earned by my previous opponent (a triple amputee due to injuries suffered in Vietnam) whom I defeated through television ads comparing him to Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein." Seriously, where does Chambliss go from that first line?
philly09

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »

If the GOP wasn't so far-right, Colin Powell would be a great pick.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »

If you ask the average American of the bat who they consider a living war hero save John McCain they can't name any other. It's just that since we've done limited wars, the image of the war hero has been discounted due to the simple fact day to day life has not been affected by the wars.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

"Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life. For instance, contrast my five deferments and civilian life to the Silver Star and Bronze Star earned by my previous opponent (a triple amputee due to injuries suffered in Vietnam) whom I defeated through television ads comparing him to Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein." Seriously, where does Chambliss go from that first line?
You and I can be good friends-
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies