ATTENTION ATLASIANS: MoPolitico Expelled!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTENTION ATLASIANS: MoPolitico Expelled!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ATTENTION ATLASIANS: MoPolitico Expelled!!!  (Read 2807 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »

Dual officeholding isn't allowed. Tongue
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

I like shua just fine and even wrote him in during the last election. But no, the median score does not in any way represent a deciding vote. This is coming from someone with two terms in the Senate and a clear understanding of how the body works. That you even think a political matrix that is barely useful for scoring American politics can translate to Atlasia in such a way is unnerving. The left wing Senators are mostly moderate, like Scott, Sbane, ilikeverin, and Nathan. The right wing senators are all fairly extreme unless you consider Andrew right wing, which I and he would object to.

Ilikeverin and Nathan are "moderate?"  In what universe is that the case?  I doubt they would even self-describe as "moderates," unless they felt like being disingenuous.

As far as I'm concerned, you're correct. Obviously we've tangled over the correct way to describe me in the past, but I don't think either of us ever deployed or wanted to deploy 'moderate'.

I would be glad to participate in this seat if I were also able to retain my Supreme Court appointment. 

Does the Supreme Court do anything?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »

I like shua just fine and even wrote him in during the last election. But no, the median score does not in any way represent a deciding vote. This is coming from someone with two terms in the Senate and a clear understanding of how the body works. That you even think a political matrix that is barely useful for scoring American politics can translate to Atlasia in such a way is unnerving. The left wing Senators are mostly moderate, like Scott, Sbane, ilikeverin, and Nathan. The right wing senators are all fairly extreme unless you consider Andrew right wing, which I and he would object to.

Having had personal experience with both Scott and Sbane in the Northeast Assembly, I cannot recall them ever once supporting a single piece of "right" legislation

The Liberal Party's platform which I wrote is quite moderate, and my economic PM score is practically centrist compared to others.  Honestly, you just don't know what you're talking about.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

What's new, Scott? And, uh, Nathan is definitely socially moderate. TJ, Clarence, Yankee aren't.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »

What's new, Scott? And, uh, Nathan is definitely socially moderate. TJ, Clarence, Yankee aren't.

But Nathan is not at all a moderate economically, while at least TJ is much more moderate in that respect. That's why it's extremely far-fetched to call Nathan "mostly moderate" and TJ "extreme".
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »

But Nathan is not at all a moderate economically, while at least TJ is much more moderate in that respect. That's why it's extremely far-fetched to call Nathan "mostly moderate" and TJ "extreme".

I don't consider TJ economically moderate at all (cite PM scored if you would like to lose all credibility).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »

I don't consider TJ economically moderate at all (cite PM scored if you would like to lose all credibility).

I'm not surprised that you do not consider TJ a moderate on economic issues because it doesn't serve your political goals. It is your goal to portray the members of the Senate in extreme black/white terms because it helps your campaign to decry those in the Senate who are on the other side of the political spectrum as extremists, even though such an assessment lacks any credibility.

Just to give you an example of TJ's moderate views: He is pro trade unions, which is not exactly a far-right stance.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »

TJ's comments about how he would treat a gay kid are moderate? They sounded like anti-family extremism to me.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »

TJ's comments about how he would treat a gay kid are moderate? They sounded like anti-family extremism to me.

We're clearly talking about economic issues here. You even referred to economic issues yourself when you said TJ was not a moderate on economic issues.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 03:18:56 PM by Governor Napoleon »

We're clearly talking about economic issues here. You even referred to economic issues yourself when you said TJ was not a moderate on economic issues.

My party considers the family to be the primary unit of society, therefore family issues are logically an important economic aspect too. Do the Whigs not think the family is that important to our economy? Sad

Thinking anything involving "gay" is a social issue- that is "black and white" thinking.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »

You seem very proficient in changing the subject, I have to admit that. You nearly managed to draw the focus of this discussion away from your intial and, in my opinion, baseless claim "the left Senators are moderate, the right Senators are extreme" to a general debate about the Whig Party and a comment TJ made in a thread that is irrelevant for Atlasian affairs and have not influenced TJ's performance in the Senate.

I'm aware that social and economic issues often mingle. However, I think it's inaccurate to claim TJ is an extremist on economic issues because of a statement he made about a very hypothetical situation concerning his hypothetical future family while the more persuasive arguments, such as TJ's pro trade union stance, are neglected.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »

OMG this whole thread has gotten crazy.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

I didn't know unions were a big deal in Atlasia, I haven't seen it come up ever.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »

I didn't know unions were a big deal in Atlasia, I haven't seen it come up ever.

So take his "nay" on the radical Atlasian "Tax Reduction Bill", his sponsorship of the "Mideast Corporate Governance Reform Act" - I think these examples make it evident that TJ is not an extremist on economic issues.

But that's my last contribution on this matter. Andrew is right, the thread has taken a strange turn!

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »

I'm fairly sure TJ votes with the left in the Senate more than half the time...

It's a funny world, isn't it...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies