PPP tweet for NC closest Amendment One poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:26:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP tweet for NC closest Amendment One poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP tweet for NC closest Amendment One poll  (Read 6515 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 07, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »
« edited: May 07, 2012, 12:24:44 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

In PPP's final poll, its up 55-39.

Voters who actually know what the amendment does break against it 61-37.

I think the media in this country exists to make sure the voters are not informed.

Too bad that Jerry Brown wasn't attorney general  there to name it "Eliminates Rights of couples to have domestic partnerships Constitutional Amendment".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 12:32:54 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

I think the media in this country exists to make sure the voters are not informed.

Too bad that Jerry Brown wasn't attorney general  there to name it "Eliminates Rights of couples to have domestic partnerships Constitutional Amendment".

Yeah. The problem here is that people are seeing this as a referendum on gay marriage, which it isn't.

North Caroliners are just dumb. I'm no fan of Arizona, but at least their voters realized they only wanted to ban gay marriage and not civil unions.

BTW that 2006 civil union vote was the only time that a ban on gay marriage has failed at the ballot box in a state. They did ban it in 2008. However, I'd be surprised if no state votes for gay marriage this November.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:35:32 AM »

Yeah. The problem here is that people are seeing this as a referendum on gay marriage, which it isn't.

North Caroliners are just dumb. I'm no fan of Arizona, but at least their voters realized they only wanted to ban gay marriage and not civil unions.

Well, NC has always been a very socially conservative state. Even the Democrats there are still less liberal on social issue than the national party.

And Arizona is a bastion of liberalism outside of Tuscon?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies