Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 04:23:19 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.  (Read 805 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:52 am »
Ignore

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:21 am »
Ignore

I would try this, but I like my eggs boiled.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:36 am »
Ignore

Pics or it didn't happen

I just had an early dinner.  I went to Burger King, but only got a Double Whopper with Cheese with no fries and a coke.  I wanted Diet Dr. Pepper, but it was empty.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:24 am »
Ignore

Pics or it didn't happen

it's a pretty regular occurrence, so I'll try to remember to take some pics next time.

if I get home early (way before dinner) and need to go work out in the yard until dark, I'll whip a couple of these babies up.  They nice and thick and are quite filling (but not painfully so) and really allow you to concentrate on physical work without getting hungry.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:08 am »
Ignore

I'll take mine without the olives and 'shrooms..and can your break the yoke?  I don't like the gooey center.  Otherwise, sounds excellent.

edit-oh, and leave the bottle of Tabasco on the table, thankyouverymuch.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:21:58 am »
Ignore

I'll take mine without the olives and 'shrooms..and can your break the yoke?  I don't like the gooey center.  Otherwise, sounds excellent.

edit-oh, and leave the bottle of Tabasco on the table, thankyouverymuch.

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:18 am »
Ignore

Doh! totally missed that part.  Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:54 am »
Ignore

You break the yolks? Why would you ruin fried eggs like that?

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:52 am »
Ignore

Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

What does this look like, Burger King?  No fried-egg sandwiches for you!...Next!

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:27:35 am »
Ignore

Fine, put the olives in there, I'll just pick 'em out Smiley

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:10 am »
Ignore

You break the yolks? Why would you ruin fried eggs like that?

this is an already messy sandwich (mayo, mustard, melted cheese, Tabasco, tomato).  if you don't break the yokes, you're going to holding a big glob of goo.

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:01 am »
Ignore

Tuna salad over fried egg any day, jmfcst

IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 12:19:26 pm »
Ignore

That's nothing. You should see my recipe for grilled cheese:

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food between two slices of bread. Throw it on the pan for a minute or so to brown the side to your liking, then flip the sandwich over and do the same to that side. American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food should be nice and melted. Put on plate. Spread some jelly on the top if you care to. Devour.

Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:23 pm »
Ignore

Hold the olives unless they're black. And hold the Miracle Whip.

Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

What does this look like, Burger King?  No fried-egg sandwiches for you!...Next!

I'll compromise on the olives. But hold the Miracle Whip or else I boycott. Miracle Whip is, without a doubt, the single most disgusting substance I ever had the misfortune to put into my mouth.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food...

I've heard enough. Next!

Seriously, it was time to change back to the real avatar.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 12:33:32 pm »
Ignore

I love olives.

Anyway your sandwiches sound good jmfcst.  Why are you doing 'physical work', by the way?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 12:35:21 pm »
Ignore

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food...

I've heard enough. Next!

Well, I supposed you could substitute Canadian Pasteurized Process Cheese Food, or even real cheese, but where's the fun in that?

Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 01:48:18 pm »
Ignore

I've heard enough. Next!

Well, I supposed you could substitute Canadian Pasteurized Process Cheese Food, or even real cheese, but where's the fun in that?

Real cheese. It's the only way to go.

Seriously, it was time to change back to the real avatar.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »
Ignore

Why are you doing 'physical work', by the way?

because I don't want to be robbed the week after hiring someone to do projects around my house.  besides, I have 4 females in the house, not looking at making them potential rape victims.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:30 pm »
Ignore

because I don't want to be robbed the week after hiring someone to do projects around my house.  besides, I have 4 females in the house, not looking at making them potential rape victims.

Lotsa browns down that way, jmf?

I just had an early dinner.  I went to Burger King, but only got a Double Whopper with Cheese with no fries and a coke.  I wanted Diet Dr. Pepper, but it was empty.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »
Ignore

Jeezo buddy, what the heck is the arsenal and the blood-lust for?  You should be tempting those brownies to come and do those naughty things, so you can shoot them and bury them in the back 40 (or maybe 4 in your nouveau-case).

But on a different front - can you remember when to have a workman come around your house was nothing to fear?  I can remember when workmen came to our house when I was a kid they were all completely unionized, usually over 40 years old, and had no incentive to harm anyone (they made about $50/hour).  Of course I have to admit for most things my father used his own employees for home repairs, but still, they were fat and happy men.

Btw, my final thought  is a general one - what would a burglar steal nowadays?  The great deflation of neo-liberalism has made nearly everything in your house worthless (who would steal a TV or a computer now?  they cost almost nothing new and are nearly totally valueless second-hand or 'hot').  Oh, I guess your guns.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 02:30:38 am »
Ignore

I hate olives with a vengeance.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:08 am »
Ignore

No wonder we are oil-and-water.  Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:47 am »
Ignore

No wonder we are oil-and-water.  Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.
Do you sometime wish to kill your mother?
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:28:32 am »
Ignore

Then dress up in her clothes, lure young females to your motel and murder them?

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:55 am »
Ignore

Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.
Do you sometime wish to kill your mother?

No, buddy, not for this reason.  I mean, its not like we were starving - we still went out to eat (which in fact was quite preferable).

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:50:31 am by opebo »Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout