That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.  (Read 1776 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »

I would try this, but I like my eggs boiled.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

it's a pretty regular occurrence, so I'll try to remember to take some pics next time.

if I get home early (way before dinner) and need to go work out in the yard until dark, I'll whip a couple of these babies up.  They nice and thick and are quite filling (but not painfully so) and really allow you to concentrate on physical work without getting hungry.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »

I'll take mine without the olives and 'shrooms..and can your break the yoke?  I don't like the gooey center.  Otherwise, sounds excellent.

edit-oh, and leave the bottle of Tabasco on the table, thankyouverymuch.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

I'll take mine without the olives and 'shrooms..and can your break the yoke?  I don't like the gooey center.  Otherwise, sounds excellent.

edit-oh, and leave the bottle of Tabasco on the table, thankyouverymuch.

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »

Doh! totally missed that part.  Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »

You break the yolks? Why would you ruin fried eggs like that?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

What does this look like, Burger King?  No fried-egg sandwiches for you!...Next!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »

Fine, put the olives in there, I'll just pick 'em out Smiley
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »

You break the yolks? Why would you ruin fried eggs like that?

this is an already messy sandwich (mayo, mustard, melted cheese, Tabasco, tomato).  if you don't break the yokes, you're going to holding a big glob of goo.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »

Tuna salad over fried egg any day, jmfcst
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »

That's nothing. You should see my recipe for grilled cheese:

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food between two slices of bread. Throw it on the pan for a minute or so to brown the side to your liking, then flip the sandwich over and do the same to that side. American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food should be nice and melted. Put on plate. Spread some jelly on the top if you care to. Devour.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »

Hold the olives unless they're black. And hold the Miracle Whip.

Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

What does this look like, Burger King?  No fried-egg sandwiches for you!...Next!

I'll compromise on the olives. But hold the Miracle Whip or else I boycott. Miracle Whip is, without a doubt, the single most disgusting substance I ever had the misfortune to put into my mouth.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food...

I've heard enough. Next!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »

I love olives.

Anyway your sandwiches sound good jmfcst.  Why are you doing 'physical work', by the way?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter. Heat up to medium heat. Put a piece of American Pasteurized Process Cheese Food...

I've heard enough. Next!

Well, I supposed you could substitute Canadian Pasteurized Process Cheese Food, or even real cheese, but where's the fun in that?
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

I've heard enough. Next!

Well, I supposed you could substitute Canadian Pasteurized Process Cheese Food, or even real cheese, but where's the fun in that?

Real cheese. It's the only way to go.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

Why are you doing 'physical work', by the way?

because I don't want to be robbed the week after hiring someone to do projects around my house.  besides, I have 4 females in the house, not looking at making them potential rape victims.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »

because I don't want to be robbed the week after hiring someone to do projects around my house.  besides, I have 4 females in the house, not looking at making them potential rape victims.

Lotsa browns down that way, jmf?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »

Jeezo buddy, what the heck is the arsenal and the blood-lust for?  You should be tempting those brownies to come and do those naughty things, so you can shoot them and bury them in the back 40 (or maybe 4 in your nouveau-case).

But on a different front - can you remember when to have a workman come around your house was nothing to fear?  I can remember when workmen came to our house when I was a kid they were all completely unionized, usually over 40 years old, and had no incentive to harm anyone (they made about $50/hour).  Of course I have to admit for most things my father used his own employees for home repairs, but still, they were fat and happy men.

Btw, my final thought  is a general one - what would a burglar steal nowadays?  The great deflation of neo-liberalism has made nearly everything in your house worthless (who would steal a TV or a computer now?  they cost almost nothing new and are nearly totally valueless second-hand or 'hot').  Oh, I guess your guns.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 02:30:38 AM »

I hate olives with a vengeance.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:08 AM »

No wonder we are oil-and-water.  Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »

No wonder we are oil-and-water.  Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.
Do you sometime wish to kill your mother?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:28:32 AM »

Then dress up in her clothes, lure young females to your motel and murder them?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:55 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 05:50:31 AM by opebo »

Back home I used to sit and eat salty green olives right out of the jar with a tiny little fork.  Of course to be fair a jar of olives, an opened can of tinned peaches, and a third of a stale pound cake was usually all one would find in my mother's refrigerator.
Do you sometime wish to kill your mother?

No, buddy, not for this reason.  I mean, its not like we were starving - we still went out to eat (which in fact was quite preferable).

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies