That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:59:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That's right, Atlasians! I'm the Fried-Egg Sandwich Master.  (Read 1836 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

it's a pretty regular occurrence, so I'll try to remember to take some pics next time.

if I get home early (way before dinner) and need to go work out in the yard until dark, I'll whip a couple of these babies up.  They nice and thick and are quite filling (but not painfully so) and really allow you to concentrate on physical work without getting hungry.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

I'll take mine without the olives and 'shrooms..and can your break the yoke?  I don't like the gooey center.  Otherwise, sounds excellent.

edit-oh, and leave the bottle of Tabasco on the table, thankyouverymuch.

All my kids' friends love my fried-egg sandwiches, so listen up you culinary-challenged and pay close attention to my method.

Get a frying pan and wipe or spray with butter.  Turn burner on high and heat the pan BEFORE putting 4 eggs into it (a hot pan is required for the eggs to stay separated).  Break the yokes.  Turn heat down to medium.  Add sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, pepper/salt, couple of dabs of Tabasco, and shredded cheese.  While this cooks, place whole wheat bread in toaster to LIGHTLY toast it.  After cooking eggs on one side, flip to the other side and then immediately turn fire off (there's enough heat in the pan to cook the other side.)

Take toast out of toaster, add Miracle Whip and Honey Mustard to toast and place 2 fried eggs on each sandwich.  Add sliced tomato.  Serve with orange juice. 

Give thanks to God for: a) the food, and b) the jmfcst.  Then enjoy.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

Still, hold the olives...I can eat mushrooms, I just prefer not to.....olives are just gross.

What does this look like, Burger King?  No fried-egg sandwiches for you!...Next!
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »

You break the yolks? Why would you ruin fried eggs like that?

this is an already messy sandwich (mayo, mustard, melted cheese, Tabasco, tomato).  if you don't break the yokes, you're going to holding a big glob of goo.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

Why are you doing 'physical work', by the way?

because I don't want to be robbed the week after hiring someone to do projects around my house.  besides, I have 4 females in the house, not looking at making them potential rape victims.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »

just to clarify, my recipe calls for sliced black olives...
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »

just to clarify, my recipe calls for sliced black olives...

Those are good too, though not quite as good. 

green olives are good on a Muffaletta, but they would overpower a fried-egg sandwich.

---

Did you know the Thai nickname for a gay is 'black beans'?

I really didn't need to know that, nor did I need to attempt to picture the reason why.  Besides, I'm already involved in 3 concurrent threads about homosexuality, even though only 1 of them started off that way and I am not the only who brought the subject up in the other 2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies